“Great way to start or end a vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Luis Donaldo Colosio, Km. 12.5, Lote 1, SMZA. 301, Cancun 77560, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #48 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
BC
“Great way to start or end a vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard just the one night so that we would be close to the airport ready for an early morning departure. We had no idea it would be such a nice modern hotel. Everything is up to the usual Marriott standards. We especially enjoyed the large outdoor pool; there's also a small hot tub off to one end -- so small that it can only reasonably accommodate 2 or 3 people at a time.
The room had everything, including a coffee maker and a fridge.

The only deficiency we encountered was that the shuttle to the airport starts operating at 5:00 in the morning. That was no good for our 6:00 departure, so alternate taxi transportation for the 5 minute ride was needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my return from Central America and on my way home through Cancun. This is an outstanding property, lovely rooms and well managed. The staff really care and the shuttle service is very handy. I made a mistake with my reservation and arrived late at night, one day early and when they were overbooked due to a cancelled flight at the airport, which had their hotel full of flight staff. They still found me a room and helped me through that dilemna, no extra charge. This is the only place to stay in Cancun if you want to be close to the airport and you can trust that they won't play silly games. The restaurant is lovely as well.

Room Tip: Try to use the shuttle whenever possible, so that you don't run into the Mexican taxi problem...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Before or after a long plane ride, I use the Courtyard by Marriott for an extremely comfortable overnight that's convenient to car rentals and the airport. If your ultimate destination is many hours from Cancun, the Courtyard by Marriott works beautifully. Lovely rooms, excellent service, spa and pool, free shuttle to and from the airport. Driving at night far beyond Cancun is not advisable for tourists. It's so pleasant to arrive at the hotel, get a good night's sleep and travel the next morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We used the Mariott for a 1 night stay when we decided to head to Mexico a day early in order to beat an incoming storm from our original departing city. The hotel is a quick shuttle ride from the airport (free shuttle), check in was a breeze, and the rooms were clean and large. We stopped by the pool for a bit (water as a bit cold). Had dinner in the resturant, good food for a good price. Slept wonderfully (the beds were very nice). Then had breakfast before departing for our resort for the rest of the trip. Overall was a very nice option if you needed a place to stay for a night when first arriving or getting ready to leave Mexico. Would definitley make use of this hotel again.

Havre, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice place close to airport, Going downtown bellboy said next shuttle would be in 2 hrs Said we should take a taxi. Took taxi cst us 1000 pesos. Come to find out next day all he had to do is call the shuttle and it would have been right there

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ALBFER, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Ms. Munson:

Thank you for your comment received upon your departure of the hotel.

As an explanation I would like to mention that as posted, the complimentary shuttle service to the Beach Club runs everyday at 10am and 12noontime and back to the hotel at 6pm. Unfortunately when your party requested this service the 10am already left the property.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I would also like to thank you for your comments expresing that you also as well had the chance to enjoy the property.

Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to serve you once again in a near future.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Third time we have enjoyed our stay with this Marriott. Great service and very friendly staff. Food again was great in dinning room both dinner and breakfast buffet. My husband and I stay here on our way to and from Merida, In the Yucatan. Shuttle to and from airport very convenient. Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Pool side view
Dear Repeat Guests:

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I will make sure to share with our Courtyard team.

Also and for your information our complementary airport-hotel-airport runs every half hour from 5am to 5pm..

Once again many thanks for your comments,

We look forward to welcome you back soon,

Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

First of all I am been surfing the net looking for a place for customer compliments for Marriott and as I am not a "member" there was nowhere for me to post.
On Feb. 28th I had an 8 hour wait for my flight so I decided to call the Marriott for a booking, after a missed flight and not much sleep the night before I was ready for a relaxing time. I called the hotel , luckily that had a vacancy. The shuttle was quick to pick me up and I had two heavy bags so I tipped the driver accordingly. I was met at the entrance by a bellman who had a big broad smile and took my very heavy bags. The check-in was quick and Estebhan, the bellman said he would bring my bags right up. He was waiting for the elderly couple who were on the bus with me to check in. I realized I did not have tip money so I went to the bank machine to make a withdrawal.

I went off to my very clean room and comfy bed and sat down to take out some pesos to tip the bellman when it had occurred to me that I left my VISA in the cash machine. I took off down the hallway, down two flights of stairs to the machine and nothing. I went to the front desk and no one had turned in a VISA. I was in turmoil. I still had two days of travel left and needed the VISA. What was I going to do.

I went back to my room in tears and with my head down I did not notice the bellman at the door with my bags. I was embarrased as he must have seen me crying. When I got to him, he had a big smile on his face and said, "Madam I think this card is yours." He had the VISA. He told me that he heard the beeping down the lobby hallway and knew someone had left a card. He had seen me earlier leave and figured it was mine. Estebhan an honest employee , you will never know what your honesty did for me.

I am so grateful..mucho gracias

Maureen /Dartmouth NS

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ms. Maureen:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us this experience.

Needless to say Esteban has been very motivated by your comments and he is very pleased, to learn that he made a difference during your recent stay at Marriott Courtyard Cancun.

The whole team was also encouraged by your kind words, and definitely this kind of situation motivate us to maintain our high stadard of service and hospitality which is part of our mission as Marriott property.

The spirit of service...it is all about.

Once more time thank you very much and looking forward to welcome you in Cancun soon!

Lydia Garcia

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport? Share your experiences!