“Best vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Palm

You added Grand Oasis Palm to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Palm
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan km 4.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale: 55% Off!
Ranked #60 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Denver, Colorado
“Best vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Stayed here in May of 2014 and it was an all-around amazing vacation. We had excellent service and the amenities were great! Eduardo Perez took good care of my family and went out of his way to provide us with vinegar when my daughter got sunburnt during the trip. Furthermore, Ever did a great job of taking care of us in the restaurant. My family especially loved the swimming pools and experiencing the most beautiful beaches with the softest sand here!

Room Tip: Beachfront view rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Amber,

Thank you for your kind words. It gives us great pleasure to know that you had such a great time during your stay with us, it was an honor having you as a guest.

We thank you for the kind comments and will of course congratulate the members of our team that you have mentioned for their outstanding service; our staff aims to make all our guests feel at home.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

After writing a review of my horrible experience at the Oasis Palm Resort, I decided to write one for the Grand Oasis Palm Resort which my girlfriend and I upgraded to within an hour of arriving to the Oasis Palm.

Pros
- your pick of great buffets and restaurants
- Bars, bars, and more bars; all great
- 2 pools which you have access to, 1 having a pool bar
- Great beach, crystal clear and clean
- All water served and used (food and drink) seem to be purified (we constantly asked)
- Although there is a 14 USD fee for room service per order (not including tip) you are able to order as much as you want at a time. Store some deserts in the fridge for later ;)

Cons
- 30 USD for 5 days PER DEVICE for WIFI
- 6 USD a day for the hotel room safe
- A few of the better restaurants require reservations to be made at 7am that same morning in person at the front desk
- Although not required, tips are needed to get good service. Some waiters, bartenders, etc. actually expect them

*Side Notes*
- go through Caribbean-Discounts.com for any extra curricular activities (we did a Mayan Ruins Tour to Chicen Itza, as well as swam with Whale Sharks. We also booked round trip transportation to and from the airport ahead of time.)
- some reviews bash the room service. We put 2 dollars on the pillow every morning and when we were back, the room was always clean. (The cleaning ladies should be getting all the tips. You see them hard at work 24/7)
- Although the Oasis Palm Resort is cheaper, SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY
- You can save money on the hotel room safe by using a small, cheap lock on your bag when you leave the room.
- You get better wifi connection from outside your room (by the pool, at restaurants, etc)
- Speak Spanish and you get better deals on souvenirs and mechandise (true for any tourist locations in Cancun). Be prepared to haggle as well, They're up for it.
- The elevators take anywhere between 5 - 15 minutes on average. Decide whether you want a great view or be able to take the stairs.

All in all, the experience was amazing. Most of the workers were humble and nice, a great change from NYC. I reccommend this hotel, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: for a view, anything above the 2nd floor facing the beach of course. to avoid long waits for the ele...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you thought the restaurants, bars pools and facilities were great.
Furthermore, thank you for your observations and comments, we will definitely consider them as areas of opportunity to continue providing the best service possible to all our distinguished guests.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had a great vacation experience at Grand Oasis Palm. It was my first time visiting Mexico and I can`t wait to go back. The food was good. Nice staffs but, the best thing about this resort was the entertainment. OMG I had so much fun!!! These guys really have talent. I`ve visited others resorts but the entertainment wasn`t as excellent as this one. ROBERTO,ANGEL,ALLAN,DIANA AND HAILEY, you guys made my days. If I go back to this resort will b cause of the entertainment.... :)

Dear Yireny,

We greatly appreciate the special mention of those members of our team who helped make your stay an enjoyable one. We will of course congratulate them for their great work, as they work hard to create a great holiday experience for our guests to remember.

We are delighted you enjoyed our facilities, restaurants and we are very happy that you had such a pleasant vacation.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had a great vacation experience at Grand Oasis Palm. It was my first time visiting Mexico and I can`t wait to go back. The food was good. Nice staffs but, the best thing about this hotel was the entertainment. OMG!!! I had so much fun!!! These guys really have talent. I`ve visited others resorts but the entertainment wasn`t as excellent as this one. ROBERTO, ALLAN,ANGEL,DIANA AND HAILEY,you guys made my days. If I go back to this resort will b cause of the entertainment.. ;)

Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Yireny,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed our restaurants, facilities and our entertainment. We aim to create unforgettable experiences and our entertainment department works hard to offer shows and activities to help achieve this.
We appreciate you recommending us and we hope to see you soon again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I had a nice expeience at grand oasis palm,we traveled as a group it was 10 of us plus I went with a 3 month old baby. It is good if you are going with your kids , our kids loved it. The pool area is full of fun activities all day .Robeto, Alan , and hayley (people in charge of entertainments) do a great job at keeping you entertained,they are very great at it. I loved the room, spacious and good AC, loved the hot water in the bathroom. Eventhoug the food is not too good, there is a lot to choose from,particularly I got stock to the mexican restaurant.....it was the best one to me. Nigth activities were ok.after 10:00 it bacame boring for people with kids of course, cos couldn't
get in the bars and clubs.Overall I liked this hotel and I recommend it to other travelers.

Dear Madelyn,

We are pleased to greet you and at the same time thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Cancun. We would also like to express our appreciation for the flattering words we received from your stay with us.

We are glad you liked and enjoyed our entertainment and our specialized service. Our staff works really hard to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have an amazing experience.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you once again in the future.

Grove City, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

First off, I'm not one to review ANYTHING online... I'm just not, but I felt like this warranted a good review since there seem to be so many negative ones and I'm not sure why. I researched where my boyfriend and I should stay while on vacation in Cancun for about a month and I was a little nervous to book at the Grand Oasis Palm because of all the negative reviews, but we gave it a try anyways. We stayed for 7 nights and I couldn't have been happier with our experience. Obviously you get what you pay for, so it's not the Ritz, but we had no major complaints.

We got in about 9pm on Sunday and had no issues with check in... it only took about 10 minutes. It is hot in the lobby, but it's a huge lobby where the doors out to the pool/beach stay open 24/7, so there really is no point in trying to keep it air conditioned. If you plan to spend the majority of your vacation in the lobby, then no, you probably shouldn't book here, but if not, then you are only going to spend a limited amount of time in the lobby and it's not worth fussing over.

The room was a lot better than we expected - clean, no mold/bugs/gross anything and the air conditioning worked just fine. The room overlooked the pool and the beach which was beautiful to look at during any time of the day.

The maid service was a little late a couple of days, but when there are hundreds of rooms, that can be expected. All that matters is that the room was cleaned at some point. We only had one day when the fridge was not re-stocked with water bottles, but I went down to the front desk and they got me 2 right away.

The food at the buffets was not terrible, but it wasn't absolutely amazing, either. However, there were many choices so that was nice.

I asked on our first day when to be down in the lobby to make reservations for the restaurants and I was told 7 by one person and 9 by another. The first day I went down at 7 and the girl told me only one of the restaurants takes reservations at 7 but the rest were at 9. When I went back down at 9 there was already a line about 10 people long, but it only took about 10 minutes, so it really wasn't a big deal. Carayes was the only restaurant we ate dinner at other than the buffets and it was good. Not many choices, but the atmosphere, service and food quality was great. We went to Aries de Norte on our last night but waited 10 minutes for our drinks and then left after waiting for 45 minutes and never getting our food. The power had gone out so I'm guessing they were having some issues, but we were hungry, tired of waiting, and had somewhere else we had to be.

As many others have said, the drinks are pretty much all sugary mixers with cheap alcohol and they seemed to have issues with making GOOD drinks other than the margaritas, daiquiris and coladas, BUT, nothing was bad, so as long as you go in not expecting 5 star drinks, then you'll be fine.

Yes, the elevators are by far the worst part about the hotel. We were on the 8th floor, so it was quite a trek to go up and down instead of waiting for the cramped, hot elevators, but we just looked at it as exercise to make up for all the food and drinks!

The beach was absolutely beautiful, the water was only about chest deep and there were plenty of seats. We spent most of the time at the Oasis Palm pool, though because of the swim up bar and the activities at the pool. The activities staff was amazing, made our time there so much fun and we can't say enough good things about them.

As a couple in our mid twenties we were going to have a relaxing vacation so I was worried about it being such a kid-friendly hotel, but it wasn't bad at all. There was a pretty even mix of families, couples and big groups and there weren't too many kids running around crazy, but there wasn't a lot of intense partying going on, either. It was a good in-between.

All in all we had a great trip and would recommend the resort!

Room Tip: Lower floors to avoid the hot and slow ev
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Samantha,

It is a pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our dining options, entertainment and especially our excellent service.
We are proud to say we have a staff always ready to give their best at all times and create positive experiences for our guests.

Thank you for your observations and comments, we will definitely consider them as areas of opportunity to continue providing the best service possible to all our distinguished guests.

Hope to see you again soon and do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist you with anything on your next stay.

Kearny, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Where do I begin, Mexican people are the most humble beautiful people Everyone was soooo pleasant and very friendly. I loved loved everything about this hotel. from the pool area How do I miss you guys.. ANGEL, ROBERTO, ALLAN, DIANA AND HAILEY.. YOU GUYS ROCK. I ACTUALLY FELT BAD LEAVING.. IT WAS LIKE IF I WAS LEAVING A FAMILY MEMBER BEHIND.... I also wanted to if you every in this area go to Captain Hook for dinner and look for Alfonso other humble beautiful person!!! I can keep going on and on for days on how much I've enjoy this Place!!!! SEE YOU SOON MI FAMILIA!!!!

Room Tip: Be very patient when it comes to the Elevator!! IT's the worst!! you wait forever...
Dear Maria,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed our familiar atmosphere, facilities and our entertainment.

We appreciate you recommending us and we hope to see you soon again.

Kind regards.

Been to Grand Oasis Palm? Share your experiences!