“Good hotel for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Palm

Save Saved
You added Grand Oasis Palm to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Palm
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan km 4.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort)   |
Special Offer
FREE Upgrade + EXTRAS
Ranked #64 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Yonkers, New York
“Good hotel for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The Grand Oasis is a good hotel, the buffet for dinner are ok, the a la cart restaurants are better especially the Mexican Restaurant. The breakfast selection is very good. For lunch you can either get something quick like a burger or go to one of the a la carte restarants that you have to have reservations for at dinner. You do have to be in line by 7:30 am every morning in order to get reservations, luckly I am a morning person. The elevators are a bit of a pain. We were on the fifth floor and walked down almost every time and unless we were lucky we walked up as well. The staff is great especially Ever by the pool. He was always around and got whatever you needed and did it all with a smile. The sushi restarant was very good. I have been to the hotel three times and would probably go back. We had a leak in the ceiling when we arrived and when we told the front desk they said they would send someone up right away, whithin ten minutes we had someone at the room who fixed the leak. The hotel is very clean, the staff is always cleaning.

Room Tip: We have stayed here in the past and the noise from the disco was horrible, it didn't seem to be...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. It gives us great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad you liked the variety of restaurants available; the hotel provides several different concepts to cater for the needs of our guests, from Mexican and Italian options to sushi and fast food.

It is also gratifying to receive such great comments regarding members of our team. We shall of course congratulate them for their terrific work.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I enjoyed stating there very much and had a great time. Almost everything was excellent and I especially enjoyed the activities from the entertainment team especially Diana, Allan, and Angel. The food was very good and all the workers were nice. The pool and ocean are nice but the ocean was a bit shallow. One thing I didn't like was how long the wait for the elevator was.

• Stayed August 2014
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Marina,

We appreciate the time you have taken to give your opinion on your stay with us; it was a pleasure having you as guest.

We thank you for the kind comments and will of course congratulate the members of our team that you have mentioned. Our staff aims to make all our guests feel at home and our entertainment team works hard to put on activities and shows for our guests so we are delighted that you enjoyed these.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the very near future.

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Small hotel compares to its sister properties. Under managed, overbooked, missing standard quality of something "Grand".

Check-in: was chaotic, took more than an hour, nobody could find where our reservation packet was. Manager (when he was there) didn't offer any help. Crib ordered at check-in was never delivered.

Room: Clean & neat, adequate towels & amenities provided. Walls are too thin, you can hear your neighbors, people in the hallways, club on the 1st fl (even from 8th fl - opposite wing). Bed is a little bit on the hard side

Food: Service was slow at the restaurants, orders wasn't taken correctly. Buffet was only a little better that's because you're serving yourself, if not only for the long wait to get seated but also the line to get food inside. Specialty restaurants to be booked the day of (limit 1 specialty restaurant reservation per day) & the line starts 7am or earlier. The only tasty option was the Mexican restaurant. Few gems of serving staffs; Enrique, Ever & Jose

Drinks: very watered down alcohol, you need to ask double double in order to taste any

Facilities: Need better upkeep, elevator, pool stained & in need of scrubbing on the shallow part, water cloudy at times, not enough lounge chairs around the pool & on the beach, beach front showers always clogged. Water pooled on some part of the walkways. No AC in the tiny elevators, long wait for them as well from time to time, just because it's inadequate for the size of the hotel & runs inefficiently. Front desk/operator do not pick up the phone mostly. No wifi provided either

Location: Far from everything, except Walmart (11 mins drive)

Summary: as we prefer to better spend our vacation time than waiting around in lines, we will not be coming back & we will not be recommending. Too overcrowded for us.

Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at our resort. We offer our sincere apologies that your time spent with us did not meet all your expectations. We would like to inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service. It is important to highlight that every time you have a setback at the hotel you can contact our customer service staff to notify them so they can correct the situation. We hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything you need please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Recently I had vacations with my family coming from Dallas tx we staid at the grand oasis palm in cancun Mexico. great place to spend time with the family. The best thing that i like was the service and the people that where serving us like hervin in the beach club and in the buffet was Francisco,Miguel, Marcela and Enrique and he was also in the sushi bar and so where the sushi chefs that served great food. We would like to come back again see the people that attended us. And we have allready recomendad the hotel to family and friends.

ATT.sergio Loera

Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Sergio Loera,

First and foremost thank you very much for such nice words, we work every day to deliver great vacation experiences to each and every one of our guest, thanks as well for the nice comments about our personalized service and the special mention you did on some of our staff members, we will of course congratulate them for their outstanding work and kindness.
We hope we can welcome you back in the near future, we eill be waiting

Best regards
Merida, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is the first in many hotels I've had to stand in line for everything, Even for an Ice cream! It's perfectly clear that the hotel is not capable of handling a high occupation, so I'll give it the benefit of doubt on how they would perform under low seasons.
The Worst: To me, the bed was enough to avoid coming back, way too soft, so I wouldn't rest and wake-up with back pains. At least in my room. Other than that, rooms are clean, nicely furnished, well-sized as you would expect.
The bad: The restaurants have a very small selection, as opposed to what you get on many all inclusive resorts, there's about 1/2 a dozen dishes to choose from for any meal, There was also a line to get in the restaurant and another line to get your food. Quality is average at best.
Not the same for the Specialty restaurants, but we had to make a 60-75 min. line to make our reservation, and you can only access these restaurants if you take the "Grand" package (rahter than the plain Oasis).
The Warning: HANDICAPPED beware! If you have any disability, avoid this hotel, there are way too many stairs and steps and there's no handicapped access available. Do not underestimate this statement. Elevators are so inefficient they were always crowded and we would rather climb 90 steps to get to our room than wait for the elevator. We were on the 4th floor, but if you get a higher room you may find yourself waiting in line longer than enjoying your vacation.
The Good: Beaches are white very fine sand. The sea at this place is barely moving at all and very shallow, ideal to have your kids swimming without danger or sit and relax in the water.
Bottom line: I'm not coming back to this hotel, nor reccomending it to anyone. There are much finer options both in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. I don't feel I got the value of my money. Personnel is very nice, but management gives out the wrong orders which makes for chaos, long lines, frustration and under-enjoyment of your time there.

Room Tip: In my room beds were horrible. Since elevators are inefficient, try to get a lower floor. View is...
Dear Alejandro,

Kind Regards.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My family (group of 4) stayed here for 6 nights and we had a great time! The room was always clean, we never had a problem with getting new towels. The a/c worked great in our rooms. All stuffs are friendly, polite and provide great service. I agree with few comments left by other members, f your main goal is to find a/c, Mexico isn't the place for you. The pool areas were great! Very clean. The bartenders and waiters all provided great service! Our package is all inclusive, means you can use visit other Oasis resort in Cancun, we went to Oasis Cancun, went to different restaurants, great time and great food. Everyone at the Grand Oasis Palm was very accommodating. There's not much to complain about, few comment hope to improve, the elevator is small, make a reservation for the fine restaurant at 9 am daily is not too convenience to us due to tour usually leave the hotel at 7 am. But overall my family had a great experience!

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share such nice comments about our Hotel. We are glad you have taken advantage of our Runaway Program, where you have enjoyed the entertainment, restaurants and facilities of our Entertainment Resort. We are pleased to know you had a great time and a wonderful vacation.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This was the 3rd year in a row that we have stayed here. This year we had a party of 8. The bellboy "Maximo" is the best!! He took very good care of our luggage, van services. Our rooms were always very clean. Then, we continued to get wonderful service from "Ever and Marcela" at the pool side. Ever is a very hard working person. He had our drinks coming all day and made me feel at home. The lady on the Grand Oasis side that makes the hamburgers "Damaris M." was a sweet heart to us and my children. She always had a smile on her.face. It's nice to see familiar staff members and they remember us to!
One thing that ALL Canucn has is timeshares. I really don't like to waste my time listening to the people trying to sell timeshares. I think if I say politely "No, thankyou or not interested" they need to respect that.
I love that they offer a ride for the kids on Captain Hook on Friday's mid-day. My kids really enjoyed the mid-day show and the night show.
One thing that I think would help is if they could clean up weeds from the beach area more often. I visited other beaches this trip and there is definitely a difference in quality of beaches. However, this beach doesn't have any dangerous waves for the kids.

Room Tip: Try to get the lowest floor. The elevators are small and ALWAYS full. I think in any room you will h...
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Jolynn,

First we want to thank you for share such nice comments about us with other Tripadvisor readers, is very important for us that you leave the hotel waiting for the next time you visit us.
We will of course congratulate the members of our team you have mentioned for their outstanding performance and for leave you with a smile on your face.

We make a note about the beach comment and we will pass it to the appropriate department so that they can take care of this matter.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon, please contact us if you have any special request before your next travel

Kind regards.

Been to Grand Oasis Palm? Share your experiences!