“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Palm

You added Grand Oasis Palm to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Palm
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan km 4.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort)   |
Special Offer
Winter Sale: Over 50% Off
Ranked #61 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I enjoyed stating there very much and had a great time. Almost everything was excellent and I especially enjoyed the activities from the entertainment team especially Diana, Allan, and Angel. The food was very good and all the workers were nice. The pool and ocean are nice but the ocean was a bit shallow. One thing I didn't like was how long the wait for the elevator was.

• Stayed August 2014
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Marina,

We appreciate the time you have taken to give your opinion on your stay with us; it was a pleasure having you as guest.

We thank you for the kind comments and will of course congratulate the members of our team that you have mentioned. Our staff aims to make all our guests feel at home and our entertainment team works hard to put on activities and shows for our guests so we are delighted that you enjoyed these.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Small hotel compares to its sister properties. Under managed, overbooked, missing standard quality of something "Grand".

Check-in: was chaotic, took more than an hour, nobody could find where our reservation packet was. Manager (when he was there) didn't offer any help. Crib ordered at check-in was never delivered.

Room: Clean & neat, adequate towels & amenities provided. Walls are too thin, you can hear your neighbors, people in the hallways, club on the 1st fl (even from 8th fl - opposite wing). Bed is a little bit on the hard side

Food: Service was slow at the restaurants, orders wasn't taken correctly. Buffet was only a little better that's because you're serving yourself, if not only for the long wait to get seated but also the line to get food inside. Specialty restaurants to be booked the day of (limit 1 specialty restaurant reservation per day) & the line starts 7am or earlier. The only tasty option was the Mexican restaurant. Few gems of serving staffs; Enrique, Ever & Jose

Drinks: very watered down alcohol, you need to ask double double in order to taste any

Facilities: Need better upkeep, elevator, pool stained & in need of scrubbing on the shallow part, water cloudy at times, not enough lounge chairs around the pool & on the beach, beach front showers always clogged. Water pooled on some part of the walkways. No AC in the tiny elevators, long wait for them as well from time to time, just because it's inadequate for the size of the hotel & runs inefficiently. Front desk/operator do not pick up the phone mostly. No wifi provided either

Location: Far from everything, except Walmart (11 mins drive)

Summary: as we prefer to better spend our vacation time than waiting around in lines, we will not be coming back & we will not be recommending. Too overcrowded for us.

Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at our resort. We offer our sincere apologies that your time spent with us did not meet all your expectations. We would like to inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service. It is important to highlight that every time you have a setback at the hotel you can contact our customer service staff to notify them so they can correct the situation. We hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and if there is anything you need please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Recently I had vacations with my family coming from Dallas tx we staid at the grand oasis palm in cancun Mexico. great place to spend time with the family. The best thing that i like was the service and the people that where serving us like hervin in the beach club and in the buffet was Francisco,Miguel, Marcela and Enrique and he was also in the sushi bar and so where the sushi chefs that served great food. We would like to come back again see the people that attended us. And we have allready recomendad the hotel to family and friends.

ATT.sergio Loera

Dear Sergio Loera,

First and foremost thank you very much for such nice words, we work every day to deliver great vacation experiences to each and every one of our guest, thanks as well for the nice comments about our personalized service and the special mention you did on some of our staff members, we will of course congratulate them for their outstanding work and kindness.
We hope we can welcome you back in the near future, we eill be waiting

Best regards
Merida, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This is the first in many hotels I've had to stand in line for everything, Even for an Ice cream! It's perfectly clear that the hotel is not capable of handling a high occupation, so I'll give it the benefit of doubt on how they would perform under low seasons.
The Worst: To me, the bed was enough to avoid coming back, way too soft, so I wouldn't rest and wake-up with back pains. At least in my room. Other than that, rooms are clean, nicely furnished, well-sized as you would expect.
The bad: The restaurants have a very small selection, as opposed to what you get on many all inclusive resorts, there's about 1/2 a dozen dishes to choose from for any meal, There was also a line to get in the restaurant and another line to get your food. Quality is average at best.
Not the same for the Specialty restaurants, but we had to make a 60-75 min. line to make our reservation, and you can only access these restaurants if you take the "Grand" package (rahter than the plain Oasis).
The Warning: HANDICAPPED beware! If you have any disability, avoid this hotel, there are way too many stairs and steps and there's no handicapped access available. Do not underestimate this statement. Elevators are so inefficient they were always crowded and we would rather climb 90 steps to get to our room than wait for the elevator. We were on the 4th floor, but if you get a higher room you may find yourself waiting in line longer than enjoying your vacation.
The Good: Beaches are white very fine sand. The sea at this place is barely moving at all and very shallow, ideal to have your kids swimming without danger or sit and relax in the water.
Bottom line: I'm not coming back to this hotel, nor reccomending it to anyone. There are much finer options both in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. I don't feel I got the value of my money. Personnel is very nice, but management gives out the wrong orders which makes for chaos, long lines, frustration and under-enjoyment of your time there.

Room Tip: In my room beds were horrible. Since elevators are inefficient, try to get a lower floor. View is...
Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Alejandro,

Kind Regards.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My family (group of 4) stayed here for 6 nights and we had a great time! The room was always clean, we never had a problem with getting new towels. The a/c worked great in our rooms. All stuffs are friendly, polite and provide great service. I agree with few comments left by other members, f your main goal is to find a/c, Mexico isn't the place for you. The pool areas were great! Very clean. The bartenders and waiters all provided great service! Our package is all inclusive, means you can use visit other Oasis resort in Cancun, we went to Oasis Cancun, went to different restaurants, great time and great food. Everyone at the Grand Oasis Palm was very accommodating. There's not much to complain about, few comment hope to improve, the elevator is small, make a reservation for the fine restaurant at 9 am daily is not too convenience to us due to tour usually leave the hotel at 7 am. But overall my family had a great experience!

Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share such nice comments about our Hotel. We are glad you have taken advantage of our Runaway Program, where you have enjoyed the entertainment, restaurants and facilities of our Entertainment Resort. We are pleased to know you had a great time and a wonderful vacation.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

This was the 3rd year in a row that we have stayed here. This year we had a party of 8. The bellboy "Maximo" is the best!! He took very good care of our luggage, van services. Our rooms were always very clean. Then, we continued to get wonderful service from "Ever and Marcela" at the pool side. Ever is a very hard working person. He had our drinks coming all day and made me feel at home. The lady on the Grand Oasis side that makes the hamburgers "Damaris M." was a sweet heart to us and my children. She always had a smile on her.face. It's nice to see familiar staff members and they remember us to!
One thing that ALL Canucn has is timeshares. I really don't like to waste my time listening to the people trying to sell timeshares. I think if I say politely "No, thankyou or not interested" they need to respect that.
I love that they offer a ride for the kids on Captain Hook on Friday's mid-day. My kids really enjoyed the mid-day show and the night show.
One thing that I think would help is if they could clean up weeds from the beach area more often. I visited other beaches this trip and there is definitely a difference in quality of beaches. However, this beach doesn't have any dangerous waves for the kids.

Room Tip: Try to get the lowest floor. The elevators are small and ALWAYS full. I think in any room you will h...
Dear Jolynn,

First we want to thank you for share such nice comments about us with other Tripadvisor readers, is very important for us that you leave the hotel waiting for the next time you visit us.
We will of course congratulate the members of our team you have mentioned for their outstanding performance and for leave you with a smile on your face.

We make a note about the beach comment and we will pass it to the appropriate department so that they can take care of this matter.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon, please contact us if you have any special request before your next travel

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My criteria were simple; family friendly, kid friendly beach (between 6 and 9 olds), white sand, a wet bar, all inclusive and value. It was a fairly large group of various ages so part of the selection process was to try and appease everyone. After going through countless reviews, I approached it with a realistic expectation and with a hope for the best attitude and we were not disappointed. Someone did a fairly accurate and detail write-up (Good Hotel for Families) of all aspects, services and amenities around the same time we were there, so I will gear this toward my overall experience.

Our room was situated on the top floor and for the most part we had no real issues with the elevators, except the fact that they were real small for 11 people max (more like 6 adults max). They did come up fairly fast and were empty. We did not experience any issues with the AC in our room and it was nice and refreshing after a fun day in the sun. There were no AC issues with the other rooms as well. Our room was very clean and the maids did a good job cleaning it each day. We were a bit messy after the beach so we left a little something for them daily and wound up getting extra bottles of water.

We only did Breakfast at the buffet in the lobby as we couldn’t be bother making our way to the other locations. Food was pretty good for a buffet and the service (CARLOS and ALEJENDRO) was excellent. I really enjoyed the fresh fruit bar.
The beach was perfects for the little ones as it was fairly shallow right to the ropes, warm and no big waves. The kids spent most of the time between the beach and the main pool. They had so much fun going back and forth they did not want to go to the Kid’s Club. I suggest bringing a snorkel mask (I used my kids) as there is surprisingly a lot of marine life in the sea grass area at the far right beach in the mornings and late afternoons. We setup daily in front of the Norte and it was by far the best spot as it was a short walk between the pool and the beach. HERVIN, our waiter, made our days very enjoyable. He was very friendly and brought us drinks throughout the week while everyone just relaxed and had fun.

For lunch we did fast food most of the time and a couple times at the sit down restaurants. The taco bar and the other end (Oasis Palm near the pirate ship) was very good….once again the service was friendly and excellent.

For dinner we circulated between Norte, Agave and La Bamba as we had early risers in our group and were able to make the reservations. The food overall was very good and the service was fantastic. They went out of the way and got ice cream at Norte (Issadaro) and cheese cake at Agave for the kids even when it was not listed in their menu for that night. Within our group, I managed to sample most of the dishes and personally I thought the fish was consistently the best (Grouper and Snapper), but did not like the pork ribs.

The outdoor bars were the typical all inclusive resort type bars. The night club was pretty quiet as it was during family month(s). The best bar by far was the Tequila Lounge and it was AC’d. The lounge by itself was worth the extra money to stay at the Grand side. Both the Lounge and Norte bar will serve the better liquor if requested, the premium stuff is extra. ELIZABETH at the Tequila Lounge was extremely nice and made us felt welcome every night as well as making an assortment of concoctions for our group to “sample”.

Overall everyone agreed that it was a very fun\excellent trip and the kids said they enjoyed it more than Disneyland and Disneyworld. As for myself, let me see….sitting on a beach with a Mojito or waiting in a 2hr line up to see the princesses??

Other items of note:
- The complementary Pirate ship ride was fun for the kids, but 3hrs was a little long for me
- Do you Peso exchange at home as you get a much better exchange rate; pack more 20’s and 50’s for use at the resort.
- I’m not a physician, but I took precaution and prepare my stomach ahead of time with probiotics
- The nightly shows were enjoyable. Some more than others.
- Resort was the last drop off location and last pickup. Prepare for a long ride from the airport.
- Market 28 fairly close. 15-20min bus ride (10P/person)
- The lobby is remarkably clean and dry especially with the traffic

Room Tip: Either a lower floor 1 to 3 or the very top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We will like to begin by thanking you for share the insights of your recent visit to Oasis palm, is always gratifying to know that we have exceed the expectations you had about our hotel and our services.
We are a family resort and we’re glad to know the kids enjoyed the beach so much, its important as well known that you have enjoyed the food at the restaurants and the exceptional service of our staff, we will of course congratulate the members of our team you have mentioned for their outstanding performance and helping you and your family go back home with a smile on your face and a good comment in your mind.

We hope we have the chance to welcome you again very soon and share again such amazing moments.

Kind regards

Been to Grand Oasis Palm? Share your experiences!