“Great Time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Palm

You added Grand Oasis Palm to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Palm
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan km 4.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale: 55% Off!
Ranked #60 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had an awesome time at Grand Oasis Palm! Very clean, great food, great people! The staff was awesome, especially Marco (our waiter at the beach), and Francisco Madera and Gustavo at the steak house!

Dear Meghan:

We are pleased to greet you and at the same time thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Cancun. We would also like to express our appreciation for the flattering words we received from your stay with us.
We are glad you liked and enjoyed our entertainment and our specialized service. Our staff work really hard to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have an amazing experience.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you once again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My Sister and I came for a week in March. We had a great time! There were a few areas that could use improvement like, pretty long wait at elevators, limited times for snack vendors/bars, housekeeping was mediocre,...little things like that but, The ala carte food was great, we had no problems getting reservations as I had expected from reading reviews before we came. The staff were all friendly. This was our 1st time in Cancun so we depended heavily on the concierges to give us good suggestions. They were all so helpful!! I don't like to sigle out favorites because they all worked so hard but, we both just fell in love with Ari (Hope I am spelling this correctly). He just seemed so genuine in helping us and wanting us to have the best time possible. I don't know that we would stay here again or try somewhere else in Cancun but wherever we go next, I sure hope someone of Ari's character and kindness is there to help us!!

Room Tip: Stay as close to ground level as you can so you're not waiting so long on elevators. Speak up fo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

It is a great pleasure to receive feedback on our service and this motivates us to keep improving and so ensure a high quality service. We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel where we welcome you with open arms and the satisfaction of seeing you again.
Again, we appreciate your trust in us. We are at your service.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Hotel was nice and clean. Food was pretty good. I would definitely recoment this hotel to others. You get what you pay for and in our case we didn't want to spend a lot of money, but wanted a nice family vacation and that is exactly what we got!!

I do want to mention that the staff at the Grand Oasis Palm is excellent, especially Marco Antonio Hernandez, one of our waiters at the beach! he is absolutely the best! Also want to mention the staff at the steak house restourant, Francisco Madera and Gustavo.

Dorothy B

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dorothy:

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Cancun.
We are glad you liked and enjoyed our facilities, the great variety of restaurants, as well as the activities and the entertainment.

It was a pleasure to have you and your family as guests, we hope to see you again very soon.
ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I will try to be fair in this review, Check in took a very long time as they were trying to get 4 rooms together on the same floor which I appreciated (most resorts don't even try) we were a group of 10. the room was nice and clean two doubles instead of a king but it was fine, anytime we had an issue with the room someone was there within 5 minutes (water was shut off upon arrival and a light burnt out in the tub area) We left a note for the maid with $5 each day with what we wanted in our fridge and we got it. One day I forgot to leave $ and a note and they didn't clean the room at all they just took all the snacks out of the fridge and left me a bill for the Gatorade that I drank. We ate at the buffet, the gourmet (Careys) and the steak house. Careys was very good but I wasn't fond of the steak house (I ate half my chicken and then realized it wasn't cooked)
We spent most of our time at the beach on the Oasis side near the pool and the bars and enjoyed it. The disco was pretty quiet most of the time except Karaoke night and that was fun to watch then they had good dancing music. The tequila bar made the best drinks, didn't matter what kind they were all the best in the resort and we spent a lot of time in there as well, it was air conditioned and had live music and big comfy couches with not a lot of people in there.
I did get very sick while I was here never ate or drank for the last 3 days of my vacation (still recovering after 2 weeks) I would recommend taking dukoral before you go...my doctor says it was bacterial and likely something I ate that was different, in hindsight I could see many things causing this, seeds for the salad probably don't get replaced often and they handled hashbrowns and other cooked items with bare hands. That being said even though I was sick for the last three days I had a great time there with my husband and friends the first 3 days. Beach was beautiful!!

Room Tip: rooms starting with a 2 (ie 2633) is the 6th floor with only one side of the hall having rooms would...
Dear Yelsel:

Let us thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. Such opinions helps us know our weaknesses in order to improve in the future. We regret the inconvenience occurred during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in our hotel to enhance your perception.

We reiterate our thanks.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Grand Oasis Palm was an amazing place! The customer service was always WONDERFUL. The staff really went out of their way to make my boyfriend and I comfortable during our stay. From check-in to check-out, everyone was awesome! Our room was great quality as well. We had a balcony on the 9th floor, which had a nice view of the lagoon. Our air conditioning didn't work the first night, but they switched us rooms as soon as they found out.

The pool was very nice on the Grand side. It was very quiet and relaxing. On the other side, there were constantly activities and fun going on. The beach was nice as well. Very clean and well kept. The Caribbean was calm, unlike other places in the resort area. You could see different fish swimming along with you! We ate at several of the restaurants during our stay. The buffets were great for a quick meal. We also ate at Careyes and had the best dinner ever! La Bamba also had great seafood.

We had a wonderful stay and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had a balcony room, facing the lagoon, on the 9th floor. It was absolutely breathtaking!
Dear Lauren:

We are pleased to greet you at the same time thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Cancun. Likewise express our appreciation for the flattering words we received from your stay with us.
We are delighted to have met your expectations, It is a pleasure to serve you and make your stay with us an unforgettable experience.

Hope to see you again soon.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Grand Oasis palm is a solid choice. My husband and I wanted a short, and inexpensive honeymoon and the Grand Oasis Palm was the best option. The hotel is clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and there about 7 different restaurants to choose from. The food wasn't bad, nothing extravagant. This is definitely a family hotel, so if you're looking for nightlife this isn't the place for you

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. We are glad you spent your holiday in our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hanson, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Grand Oasis Palm is the perfect example of "you get what you pay for", if you are looking for some upscale romantic getaway this isn't the resort for you. With that said, for the money it was a great find. Ten of us traveled together (four kids) and we all enjoyed it very much. The staff is very attentive across the board, from the front desk, to the cleaning crew, the bartenders, waitstaff and most of all the beach waitstaff. We did spend one day at the sister hotel (Oasis Palm) next door but there was no service on the beach so we headed right back to our hotel where we were taken very good care of by Marco Antonio Hernandez Hernendez. He was the best server EVER! He made sure our drinks were never empty, he engaged in conversation, he even played with our kids! He was truly the best employee at the entire resort (but there really were no bad employees!). Also, at the steak house, Francisco and Gustavo were amazing as well, we went back three nights in a row! Our kids ate at the buffet and the staff there tended to them (happily) while we ate right outside the buffet at the steakhouses outdoor seating. The food was nothing great, the steak house and the buffet at the Oasis Palm (not the Grand Oasis Palm) were the best places to eat. If you book your stay at Grand Oasis you have full access to both hotels. You find a lot of people on trip advisor that will rate a hotel low based on one bad experience they had while there, maybe their sink dripped or their window wouldn't open etc, in my opinion these things have no overall bearing on whether I have a good time, the staff, the service and the food are what matters and all three were pretty good at this resort (well the staff was better than pretty good, they were GREAT!). Thanks Marco, we miss you and hope you enjoy your time at home - we will be looking for you when white water rafting becomes an Olympic Event!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Laurie:

It is a great pleasure to receive feedback on our service and this motivates us to keep improving and so ensure a high quality service. We look forward to welcome you again in our hotel where we will welcome you with open arms and the satisfaction of seeing you again.

Again, we appreciate your trust in us. We are at your service.

Best regards.

Been to Grand Oasis Palm? Share your experiences!