“Experience of a lifetime” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Palm

You added Grand Oasis Palm to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Palm
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulkan km 4.5, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Grand Oasis Caribbean Resort)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale: 55% Off!
Ranked #60 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

First and foremost, the resort Grand Oasis Palm was an AMAZING one week experience with the family! I will most defiantly come here for my senior trip! The staff is absolutely wonderful, very attentive! Pablo Ricardo was one of many attentive waiters! Two guys full of energy, Alejandro and Allan, are part of entertainment staff, and boy do they do an excellent job at keeping the guest entertained throughout the day! From sunrise to sunset they've got something fun and exciting planned out for you and your family. There is something for EVERYONE at the Grand Oasis Palm! From jet skies, spa, children's spa adult club, and the very convenient Captain Hook ship right next to the resort which is fun not just for the kiddos but for adults as well! I defiantly recommend going to see the show! Also, although the club is only open till 12am due to the resort being a family resort and the club actually being IN the same resort, its worth it! Either way Coco Bongo can be another option afterwards. However that would have to be an additional cost because the resort doesn't include this. The rooms are great with AC and everything. The downside to this hotel would have to be the rooms. You can hear the echoes from the people in the halls, but no biggy. Also the elevators can be a bit of a hassle, however, not a big deal. Gives you a little excuse to work off a calorie or two while on vacation by walking up and down the steps. The beach is small but it kinda keeps everything together. I've read a few reviews about the ocean water being more like a lake, and really rocky. I went and thought it was in perfect condition! Nothing really to complain about. There are plenty of beach chairs on the beach and near the pools. And there are waiters walking around the beach offering drink, which was super nice! Seriously, I can go on and on, but you have to try it yourself to know exactly what I'm talking about! All in all, a wonderful experience even for someone like me who gets bored easily. At Grand Oasis hotel, you will NEVER get bored!

Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Cynthia:

We are flattered to know that your stay with us has motivated to share such a great review about our hotel.

We are very happy to have met your expectations and that you were able to have an excellent trip to Cancun. We work hard to create positive experiences in our guests for you to remember our hotel with a huge smile.

Thanks for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable. It makes us happy to know you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities and personalized service we offer.

We hope you can visit us again soon.

Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Beatiful place for families. really good food, drinks, service, beach, animation, shows.
It has 6 different restaurants to chose from, mexican and international. It has a nice lounge and nightclub. 2 pools, the beach is very calm not waves at all clean water.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer beatiful views:)
Atención C, PR at Grand Oasis Palm, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Jacqueline:
Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed our activities, shows and restaurants,It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you can visit us again soon.
Best regards
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Food IS Terrible elevators only 2 hot and small and they stop @ every floor. Beer only dos xx no corona only dos xx in plastic cup nomatter what.;Margaritas pinas coladas no flovor acohol seems to be mix with water . No good. ketcup in restaurats the same mix with water.Shower towels 3 days with no towels they dont have enaugh for every body.Horabble service.Your askingThem For something you paid for .Bad you need to get up @ 7AM To make reservation to eat @ a restaurant if you dont get there @ 7am you have to eat at the buffets .and food horabble there in the buffets Have to eat @ the buffets every day you cant call to make reservation you have to get in line . every day @ 7am thats if theres space still in restaurants usually there book when you get there it is bad.lobby no ac no mater what no ac

Room Tip: GO To diferent resort No Good Service.
Dear George:

We are truly sorry the weather was not optimal and that it caused some inconveniences during your stay, please accept our most sincere apologies. We want to let you know that all of your comments and opinions will be taken into account to offer a better service in the future and we will submit them to all departments in charged to correct these issues.
We will submit your comments to the departments so we can fix the inconveniences that you had this way we can keep improving day by day to offer our guest better experiences.

Hope we can see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I spent a week at the Grand Oasis Palm and had a blast! The food was good and the service was exceptional. Some people have complained about the elevator and other minor problems. Yes, the elevator can be inconvenient, but working off a calorie or two isn't a bad thing. The beach was ok, it's short but clean and there are plenty of beach chairs even if you sleep in a bit. The different bars are great and they do not serve bottom shelf alcohol. The worst you will find is Smirnoff. I would go back!

Dear Guest:

Thank your cometary themselves help us to improve our service constantly and thus provide the best experience on your vacation. Thank you again for your preference and we will waiting for you again on your next vacation.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I just decided to make a tour to Cancun because it was on trips list. I chose this hotel because it looked really good for the price I got. They treated me very polite since the moment I got out my transportation from the airport.
They had my reservation on the system, I had no problem with that (it has happened to me before).
I supposed to have my room at 3 o'clock but they gave it to me 2 hours before, which was awesome. I received a very warm welcome from one of the supervisors or something like that, which made me feel pretty good.
All the restaurants were really good, they had different kind of food for all matter of taste.
The pools were clean, the beach was good!
Overall it was awesome. Totally recommended.

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Good:

Very reasonably priced.

Elizabeth at the Tequila Bar is absolutely fabulous. Loved her!!

The Entertainment staff does a great job at the pool.

The rooms are fairly nice and clean but nothing remarkable.

Plenty of chairs on the beach on Grand side.

The bad:

Restaurant reservation policy is ridiculous. You are required to go to concierge at 7 am and stand in line daily if you want to have dinner anywhere other than buffet. I also noticed very few people actually having dinner in the restaurants so I suspect they accept very limited reservations.

Service was hit and miss. At some meals it was ok. Other times we ended up serving ourselves drinks at dinner and on beach.

Beach is not great. Pool is overcrowded.

Snack bar food is barely edible and always a long line. Probably because people are tired of the buffet food. And no guacamole!

Housekeeping was ok but did skip our room entirely one day.

No A/C in lobby or restauarants. Crazy!

Small crowded elevators with long waits.

Limits on mini bar items. All inclusive should mean ALL inclusive.

Overall because I felt the price was right and I felt I knew what to expect from reading other reviews I was ok with the resort but if you are looking for a 5 star Cancun experience this is absolutely the wrong choice.

Dear Dorieanne:

We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience; this helps us know our areas of opportunity so we can provide better services to all of our guests.We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future to enhance your experience and perception of the Hotel.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I recently stayed at The Grand Oasis in Cancun. It was a typical hotel and resort. What made the Hotel so special and what will make me come back every time I m in Cancun was the Concierge service, specifically the service from Ari Cotero (I hope I am spelling that correctly). His attention to detail, his listening to what MY FAMILY wanted, and his above and beyond attitude have not been surpassed in all of my years of traveling. I have been traveling for 35 years. THANK YOU Grand Oasis and Ari for helping to make my trip so unforgettable!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Grand Oasis Palm? Share your experiences!