My sister and I had stayed 5 nights and had a great time at Dreams Sands. We, too, have stayed at much fancier hotels but the ambiance of the true Mexican welcome made for a terrific place to vacation.
Cons: Condo sales. We told them firmly up front when we registered we were not interested and after a brief explanation pitch they relented and let us go to our rooms, never to be heard from again.
Pros: Loveable employees ready to do anything you ask. (Roberto in El Patio restaurant, Aldo in French Rest. and Isabelle on the beach, especially) Our housekeeper was the best and kept everything just right.
Enjoyed having the lobby right on the beach.
Food: Enjoyed El Patio, Bordeaux and the World Café (buffet) at each meal. Some complain about the buffet but they must have stayed here a month and grew tired of the choices! WC great for breakfast and other meals too. Loved the crepes and coconut ice cream! and coffee and sandwiches at the place inside.
Beach: Fun events, great sand and water, plenty of chairs, good drinks (try the mango mojito) plenty of sun or shade, nice music -not too loud! WISH we had know you could get someone to take you out on the catamaran for just tips! Found out too late but you do have to sign up! Volleyball in the water FUN FUN FUN
Pools nice as well and good bar. We enjoyed the snacks by the pool in the afternoon.
Excursions: Went to Isla Mujeres on the ferry and loved that little island. I would love to stay there next time and enjoy the Mexican culture and the amazing beach and food. Shopping there was the best we've found and the small cafes are delicious.
There are people near the lobby at the hotel who help you plan trips and tell you how, what, where and when to go. Some of there prices can be beat at travel places online and across the street but they are very informative and helpful.
Entertainment: Not Broadway but entertaining. The Mayan acts were the best. as well as the fire show.
If you are going to Dreams expecting Las Vegas shows, NY Cuisine, perfect, brand new accomodations, 5 star everything, you may be disappointed but all the people I spoke to there enjoyed their trip as much as we did. Sometimes, your trip is what you make it.
AND TOTALLY FRIENDLY! Wonderful VACATION
But go to Isla Mujeres one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated along a breathtaking white sand beach in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Zone, sits Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa! Experience all the great inclusions of Unlimited-Luxury(R) at the newest beachfront resort of your Dreams in Mexico - where there's something fun for every age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Viva Beach Cancun