“Beautiful Hotel. Wonderful Staff. Best Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa

You added Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 8,5. Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Grand Oasis Viva)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #62 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Beautiful Hotel. Wonderful Staff. Best Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We spent a week at the Dreams Sands with a large group (11 people). The staff was so attentive and helpful. We had everything we needed completely taken care of. The service was exceptional by Kevin, Carlos, Emigdio, Luis, Fabiola, Cindy, Elizabeth, Ruby, and so many more I can't recall all the names. Everyone was smiling and happy. The evening entertainment was wonderful and the food was delicious. The beach was perfect - and even after a storm blew in a bunch of seaweed, the crew worked tirelessly to clean it all up. Beautiful hotel. Wonderful staff. It was the best vacation I've had!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, because not all rooms have them. All rooms have great views.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The french and mexican restaurants have an excelent service.
In the French restaurant: Hosstes: Valeria, Waiter: Manuel and the Capitan Manuel have and excellent actitude and professional service. Congratulations to the Team.
The mexican restaurant is the same, a very good service: Karen, Alfredo and the Capitan Gonzalo have a excellent service too.

Wadestown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

hotel was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL on the outside and in the lobby. we were on the 4th floor and things needed to be updated but everything was very clean and we could not have asked for better service and attention to detail. the food was great and there was quite a variety. didn't really enjoy the evening entertainment. we felt they were a little too amateurish. we weren't there for the entertainment so it was ok. because of the location, we were able to walk to several different shops and also catch the bus right outside the hotel. we would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Wallingford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

What a fabulous time! I traveled with my husband and two of my children, ages 22 and 15. We all had a great time. The food was excellent, the staff friendly, and the entertainment fun. My favorite restaurant was Portofino. The chef makes a “special” every night. It sounded so tasty that we all decided to try it. The food was hot and served directly to your plate from the pan by the chef. I also loved the breakfast buffet. The variety ranged from very American breakfast choices to Mexican cuisine, fruit, pastries, and more. The buffet definitely offers something for everyone.

We also enjoyed the SPA. My daughter has always wanted to have the fish therapy treatment. I had never heard of it. So we tried. We had our feet massaged and then placed them in a tank where little fish eat the dead skin off your feet. It tickled. The fish get a great treat and you end up with smooth soft feet. Not to mention that the experience is fun. My husband and I also enjoyed the SPA. We had a fifty minute couples massage. It was so relaxing I almost fell asleep. I would definitely do that again.

The beach was amazing. It was clean, the water was clear, and there was plenty of room in the sand and water. The first day I walked the beach to view all the other resorts. The walk was enlightening. Dreams Sands definitely has the best stretch of beach and water access of all the resorts. The other resorts had small sand lots, rocky, small access to the water, or both. Dreams Sands has a huge plot of sand and about two American sized football fields worth of ocean. The ocean has a volleyball net set up in it and a large floating trampoline for kids and adults. I am 5’6” and walked or swam the entire area, the water never went over my shoulders. I live near the Jersey shore and really do not like the beach, this was different, I loved it! We even decided to get a beach bed for two days. It was worth it to have your own private beach bed. But, if you decide not to get a bed, there are plenty of beach chairs for everyone. We went to the beach late in the day and still were able to get four chairs together under an umbrella.

The staff, including entertainment, were great. The hotel staff was always working. We never sat long, either on the beach, by the beach, or in the lounge, before someone was offering us bottled water, a soda, or drink. Housekeeping was there, but quietly in the background. Housekeeping was either sweeping, cleaning the windows, or going to clean guest’s rooms. I was always amazed that with that much sand around it never seemed to find its way into the hotel. The entertainment was, shall we say, entertaining. One night we watched a breakdance routine. Another time we went for Karaoke. We played bingo, only made better by us winning a very nice bottle of Tequila. We also saw a circus. The circus was not as large as Ringling Brothers, but it was very good. It was a small scale circus with acts that could easily have been seen in Ringling Brothers. It had a funny clown with a great trick routine, a juggler that also did a difficult balancing act, a man that did a strength routine, and a contortionist act with three individuals.

To be fair, I did read some other reviews. I do not agree with them. Yes, there may be some minor paint issues and it may have a cracked tile here and there. But, who cares. The overall picture is great. What I saw was people working very hard to make it better and keep it better. The staff was never still, they work hard and it shows.

Room Tip: We booked the preferred club. This included an extra private lounge with snacks and drinks. Club a...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife and I have been to Cancun 5 times in the last 3 years, this being our 5th. It was also our first time traveling with our 7 month old son. Once we booked here we decided to read the reviews on this hotel. We generally don't read them because of how untrue and negative they are. Thats why I'm writing this. Its my first and probably only review because this place deserves better justice than what some of the reviews make it out to be...

Now, to address a lot of complaints I read in earlier reviews. If you're the type of person thats gonna walk around and nit pick all the imperfections in the walls, floors, and ceiling, don't stay here. They are working on it and they do a wonderful job of making sure you don't even know whats going on. If you don't like a dress code for dinners. Don't stay here. However you'll be hard pressed to find a place that doesn't require men to wear long pants anyways. The food. I can't even believe that I read complaints about their food. This was by far some of the BEST food I have ever eaten in Mexico. Even the room service is top notch. Kudos to all the cooks and chefs. I could just keep going on and on but ill leave with saying these last 2 things. The beach. The beach here might be some of the most beautiful stretches of beach Cancun has to offer. Not only is the beach beautiful, but you can literally walk out quite a good distance and still be standing on white sand and only be in waist high water. Lastly, the staff. The staff is AMAZING. From the moment we got to the hotel, until the minute we left we we're treated like family. Everyone there made us feel right at home especially with our little son. The workers were always smiling and playing with him. Like Nancy our day time waitress, and Jesus our night time waiter in the buffet.

The Cons. I wish our room had a balcony. We had a ocean view corner suite. For being the highest end and most expensive room it would have been a nice addition.No biggie. Not a deal breaker. Now these next 2 are cons only because we had a young son. Just being honest and putting it all out there. The dance club there plays music until 1am. So take note as to what your bedtime is and if its early ask to be placed away from it. The nightly entertainment can also get loud, as well as the DJs for the weddings that take place there. If your bedtime is 8-9pm you may want to request to be placed on the other side of the hotel.

Once again, if you're still reading this please don't have any hesitations about staying here You won't be disappointed.

I can say that we would most definitely come back to stay here again!!!

Nick, Amy, and Nathan
Michigan

Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband, son and I travel frequently all around the world and have been fortunate to be visit very well kept resorts with attentive service and upscale amenities. Unfortunately Dreams Sands falsely advertises their, " 4 star Luxury Resort" status. I would consider this a 3 start hotel, not a resort. Like many of the reviews indicate there are some bumps and nicks here and there and sure the paint job they probably did on their own rather than hire professionals isn't the greatest. We tried to look past this but with each day more and more things became apparent. The edges of the pool are painted black so every time you got in, out or rested your arm on the side of the pool you about gave your self 3rd degree burns, including my toddler when he wanted to jump in and out of the pool like any typical toddler. Most of the staff was nice but no one goes out of their way to really provide, "personal concierge service" even when you pay for your upgrade. If you think you're getting the newspaper every morning in your upgraded room, think again, it's basically highlights of the news paper printed and stapled on a few pieces of paper...really??? The food, sub par, everything is dressed in some sort of sauce. The burgers were good at Olio for lunch. Ubaldo the server there was great to my son the first time we dined. Julianna who cleaned our room every day was very sweet, always created special towel creatures for my son, he loved them so much he made me take pictures of them! The gals working the Preferred level lounge are nice and I truly think they want to serve you well but it's just not in the resorts band width to do so. I can go on and on but I'll stop there. If you have low expectations, don't travel much, want to get a good deal with a beautiful beach then this is your place.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same size, don't be fooled if you upgrade to the preferred rooms that you...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
eConciergeMartin, Social Media Assistant at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear kchacon3,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed overview of your stay through this mean. Our guest’s feedback is truly appreciated in our constant commitment to improve our service levels.

We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent gateway. Please be certain that we’ve taken your comments really serious and we are ensuring you that situations like these will not happen in the future. The areas you have raised are under close revision with the Department Heads which are very atypical and not reflective of our brand experience.

We truly appreciate your overview since this allows us to know our highs and lows in order to improve our service levels.

We look forward to welcome you back to provide you the memorable stay that you deserve.

Best regards,
Shelocta, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

so, I am writing this review as I lay in bed, still at the resort but, leaving tomorrow! I will say I was a little apprehensive about this trip because of the other reviews I have read! We traveled with 2 other couples and are used to higher end resorts but, staying within the AMresorts company! I have to say out trip was excellent! Rooms were basic and clean! We didn't have 1 bad meal during our 5 days stay! The best meals we had were at waves and sands and also Himitsu. Luis was our waiter at Himitsu and he was fantastic! We also had excellent service at both pools! Nancy, Cindy and suki ( I can't remember her name) were so attentive and worked so hard ! The staff at this resort were very friendly, always a smile and always willing to do whatever they could to make your stay wonderful! The beach area was a decent size and lots of chairs available! Yes, people do save chairs super early in the morning but, the 6 of us never had a problem getting 1 for each of us! We were not disappointed!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
eConciergeMartin, Social Media Assistant at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Lisa R,

On behalf of Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa Management and staff, we cannot missed this opportunity to express our gratitude for writing a sincere review about your stay with us.

We truly appreciate all your remarks and positive attitude, please be certain that we take all your comments very seriously, since they help us to improve day by day.

Our team looks forward to having you back in a not too distant future.

Warm Regards,

Been to Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!