My family of 6 stayed at Dreams Sands from 11/1/14-11/10/24. When we arrived, we were blown away by the front desk assistant. I can't remember her name, but she was from Chicago and she was awesome! She got us checked in to our two rooms and things were off to a great start.
Our kids loved the beach and pool. We overall had a great time for several days.
The food was good, we did all get sick at least a day or two on the trip, which wasn't great, but not a deal breaker. We went to Portofino's twice, it was by far our favorite!
Caesar, the waiter around the pool was amazing! We loved him!
We ventured out of the resort a couple times, and it is in a great location in the hotel zone of Cancun. It's a quick walk to the disco area, which was pretty cool.
We did have a horrible experience one day... We were robbed by hotel staff. When we reported the burglary, the night time concierge manager was somewhat nice and responsive about it. We were told to check in with the management team the next morning. I went down to the front desk at 9:00 am to speak with the manager and to see if we could request a different set of rooms that were possibly connected, due to our children being terrified of a staff member breaking into the room while they were sleeping. I spoke with the lead concierge who had the front desk manager come out to talk to me. I must say, he was the only rude person that we encountered during our stay, and he was HORRIBLE! He flat out told us that our children probably lost their money and didn't want to tell us. Keep in mind, that these children are 20, 17 and 16... Martin, who I am sure will respond to this review was very helpful. He told us that they had caught the employee who had been stealing money and items from the room and they had been fired. He offered us $200 in resort credit for the $160 in cash that had been stolen. We did find out from another couple of people at the hotel, that they had been robbed also. It was a horrible inconvenience, but we didn't let it ruin our trip.
They never did change us to a different room, which was a little scary. But, Martin assured us that the thief had been fired.
So, long review short. The rooms were nice, water pressure so-so, food was good, drinks were great, most of the staff were amazing and the beach was great. I can't say I will never come back, but probably not in a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated along a breathtaking white sand beach in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Zone, sits Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa! Experience all the great inclusions of Unlimited-Luxury(R) at the newest beachfront resort of your Dreams in Mexico - where there's something fun for every age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Viva Beach Cancun