We just arrived back home last night and I have to say I miss DREAMS. We arrived last week and weather was perfect all week - SUNNY and 85 degrees. We left on a rainy day so made it somewhat easier to leave!
We arrived at DREAMS around noon and service began immediately --- a cold towel and champagne! What could be better? (We would have preferred to not have to sit through Vacation Club sales pitch.) Our room was not ready until 3 pm so we were brought to Olio's for lunch on the beach and it was great. We had requested a balcony oceanfront room on 7th floor -- and it was beautiful. Well stocked refrigerator with beer, soda, and water. King size bed and large bath towels. Perfect. Shower was powerful and tons of hot water. Only problem was that it has a half door so a lot of water ends up on the outside floor. We used a lot of towels on the floor. But maid service is excellent and they replenished towels often. Turn down service at night was also excellent with chocolates and one night we even had rose pedals! Robes and slippers also provided.
Restaurants are excellent - our favorites were Portofino for Italian and El Patio for Mexican. Service is excellent and food delicious. Olio was great too - beachfront tables!
Did not love the music at the main pool. I think they should change the 'techno' to something more people can relate to. It just gets to be too much after a while. However, the other pool is fantastic and relaxing.
I cannot say enough about the service at DREAMS. Everyone wants to get you whatever you ask for. They are so accommodating at extremely pleasant. They respond "my pleasure" to almost anything you ask for. Fantastic!
I believe they are still working on being better - but we had a great vacation and would definitely recommend and return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated along a breathtaking white sand beach in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Zone, sits Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa! Experience all the great inclusions of Unlimited-Luxury(R) at the newest beachfront resort of your Dreams in Mexico - where there's something fun for every age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Viva Beach Cancun