I am currently here at the hotel and we are having a great time. Yes there are a few issues, especially with the rooms but in time hopefully the hotel will sort this out.
When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with a cold towel & drink and of course the amazing view of the beach. Check in was a little lengthy as they didn't have our booking as we had amended it a couple days earlier, but not a problem as we just had a bite to eat in one of the restaurants while they were sorting it out. We kindly declined the information talk on the hotel (which I'm sure was the timeshare chat!) and they respected our wishes.
All the restaurants are great, plenty of choice and the staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you. Favourite restaurant so far is Olio as the staff are excellent and having the view of the beach is amazing. Food is very good and there is always something delicious to eat in all the restaurants.
Coco cafe is a nice touch with fresh coffee, pastries, crepes & ice cream served all day. The girls running it are so sweet and lovely.
The pool areas are good but they do however play very loud music by the pool and most of the day. I think for a hour or 2 is fine but when you are trying to relax it is very difficult with a constant banging in your head. Even on the beach you can still hear it so there is no getting away from it. There are a few guests that enjoy the music all day long but majority I have spoken to would rather it was kept to a minimum. Beach sun beds are VERY uncomfortable as they have no mats for them and you are not aloud to take the ones from the pool for the beach. Most guests end up with several towels on top of each other trying to pad them out.
Great choice of drinks at the bar. Loads of cocktails but they could do with a drinks menu to stop constantly asking the staff what's that drink called! They don't use premium brands unless you ask, but all drinks still delicious so I don't have a problem with it. They serve you drinks at your sun bed and constantly asking if you want a drink. Sometimes surprising you with a drink if you can't make up your mind what to try next!
The rooms are a good size however they could do with updating. The furniture is old and although plenty of room in the wardrobe, the doors are hard to slide and feel they are about to fall off! Bathrooms are ridiculously small, maybe ok for 2 people but we're a family of 4. No bath, just a shower with a very small screen which floods the floor. Managed to keep the flooding to a minimal with not having the pressure so high and taking beach towels from the pool so not to use our room towels to mop up.
In summary, if you are looking for a relaxing retreat, this place is not for you, but if you want a good value all inclusive resort with a good location then this place is ideal.
Would I go back, maybe not unless I got a great deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated along a breathtaking white sand beach in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Zone, sits Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa! Experience all the great inclusions of Unlimited-Luxury(R) at the newest beachfront resort of your Dreams in Mexico - where there's something fun for every age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Viva Beach Cancun