My wife and I recently stayed at this resort Sept 4th- Sept 11th. The beach is AWESOME!!! This is like the 6th resort that we have stayed at in 19 years at Cancun and the beach here was the best to me because there are very minimal waves. Great for kayaking and wind sailing. Thanks to the guy with the boats.I forgot his name. Daniele who is the entertainment director was very lively and fun to be around. Thanks Daniel for all your help. I still love your little button nose .Gregorio! All the bar tenders make great drinks and are friendly and quick. Especially if you give them a tip. I thought that the food was Ok but that's what I say about every resort that we go to. Olio's was friggin AWSOME. Hardly any wait time. My wife on the other hand loved the food!The best rooms are on the 1st floor. You get your own deck patio with spa and round bed to lay out on and it over looks the main pool.We did not stay in one of those rooms but they did give us one as a hospitality suite till our non-balcony room was ready.So at 2pm we then hit the beach and they said that we could come back at any time after 3pm to get our room.We stayed out till 5pm and came back and they were very nice and moved our luggage to our home room.Our room was perfectly clean and looked brand new. They even tie the toilet paper with fancy string. Room service was quick and kind.This is the first resort that I have never turned on the tv. That's how much fun and enjoyable this place is. Every area that we were in was always being cleaned and taken care off. All the waiters were super. Hell if they do not have what you want where you are, they will go and get it for you from anywhere. They do have top shelf boose but keep an eye on them because if they run out they may grab the bottom stuff but you can just ask for top shelf and they will get it for you at their first opportunity.There is a lot of shopping within walking distance.Complaints:Took 45 minutes at least every night to get into restaurants. Any how this place is all what you make out of it. My wife and I met people from all over the world and had a great time. For the price that we payed I would give it a 4 star rating! To me it still has some room for improvement before it is a five star.This review comes from a 42 year old man who has been married for 19 years and has been going to Cancun since our honeymoon. I was greeted every day by the waiters and bartenders ,that knew me, by name. I thought that was nice.Have a great vacation and I hope this review helps you out. Greg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated along a breathtaking white sand beach in the heart of Cancun's Hotel Zone, sits Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa! Experience all the great inclusions of Unlimited-Luxury(R) at the newest beachfront resort of your Dreams in Mexico - where there's something fun for every age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Dreams Sands Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Viva Beach Cancun