We stayed at this hotel as part of an all-inclusive Vacation Express package. 2nd day they started renovations. They were using saws, chainsaws, scaffold on walls with ropes hanging from the top of the hotel. There were ladders and cords in walkways. Elevators worked sporadically. Restaurants that were supposed to be open were not. They opened the sewer access next to one of the pool bars in the middle of the day and the putrid smell wafted across the courtyards and pools. Their solution was to: 1. Move to another room. (there wasn't a room available where the noise would be less) 2. Spend our days at a sister hotel. Really? I wrote a letter to Rene Jongmans, whom I believe is a lover of travel and understands tourist point of view. Of course, the letter never got to him even though it was addressed to him specifically. O got a reply from a secretary (Vice President?) "apologizing" for "any inconvenience" we may have encountered. Really? May have encountered? Did she read what happened and still couldn't apologize for specific offenses? Then the letter went on to say how the staff had tried to accommodate us. They lied that they had offered to MOVE us to a different hotel, which they did not. I asked for a full refund seeing that the only really good time we had was when we rented a car and left for the day. They gave us a voucher for 2 free days at an Oasis property.
On a brighter note, the staff were very friendly and actually understood our frustration. The restaurants that were open served adequate food but were often short staffed and seemed unprepared or rushed at meal times.
We spent a lot of money on this vacation and took time from work. This was to be a very special time for my wife and I. We were robbed of this and Vacation Express has taken no responsibility for the problems we encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Grand Oasis Viva, The Hip Resort! Oasis Loves Happiness, Are U Ready? “I’m a star – and I’m ready for my close-up: close-up to the beach, close-up to the fun. I’m exclusive, living in the hip, happening heart of Cancun, offering shopping, fine dining and nightlife as well as the picture-postcard beachfront that dreams are made of. Talk about good-looking: every one of my rooms has an ocean view! I’m bit more upscale than my sister, Oasis Viva, offering VIP treatment and extra amenities! Best of all, I’ve got a peaceful, upscale, adults-only vibe. Call me the resort that has everything… but call me.” ADULTS-ONLY. NO KIDDING.All-Inclusive Facilities include 8 Restaurants, 8 Bars, 2 Swimming Pools with Ocean Views, Spa($), Fitness Center, Entertainment, Beach Club, Smart Car($) and shop.Comfort: 165 Ocean View rooms including 26 suites. All Rooms include air conditioning, King Bed or 2 Double beds, Flat Screen TV with cable, Telephone($), Internet Wifi($), Minibar, safety box($), Radio Alarm clock, hairdryer, bathroom with amenities and ipod charger.Location: It has a prime location in the hotel zone of Cancun, 15miles from the international airport and 5 miles from the citycenter. Walking, you get to malls, bars, restaurants and theConvention Center.We offer the opportunity to visit any of our other resorts during your stay with the CLUB OASIS RUNAWAY program. Day passes, preferential access to special events, shows, concerts and golf at the Hotel Oasis Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Grand Oasis Viva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel Cancun
- Grand Oasis Viva Beach Cancun