“Not for older Adults!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Viva

Save Saved
You added Grand Oasis Viva to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Viva
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 8,5. Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Be Live Grand Viva Beach)   |
Ranked #80 of 174 hotels in Cancun
“Not for older Adults!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

First off this hotel was rated 4.5 stars..NOT!! I have traveled around and this was my 5th time to Mexico. I have never had such a disappointing experience as this!! Hotel food was DISCUSTING!! No air conditioning in the room..which had no balcony with ocean view..service was mediocre.. hotel caters to the 18-25 year old group of young adults..entertainment had pole dancing.. REALLY?? Sewage smell at pool area very strong..gross!! I have stayed at 4 and 5 star luxurious hotels and this to mewas a 2.5 at best! I also did not feel safe when a hotel wants a copy of your passport.. never has any place I have traveled done this!! If your 35 - 65 years old this is not a place for you..want to be catered to and relax.NOT HERE!! NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed July 2013
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Viva, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion about your experience. We regret not having met your expectations; please accept our most sincere apologies.

We wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that we are currently making changes on our Hotel’s concept and these will provide a greater range of services.

It would be an honor if you could give us the opportunity to welcome you back so we can enhance your experience and perception of the Hotel.

919 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Forney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Oasis Viva July 11 - 14, 2013. The hotel is not fabulous, but is a decent hotel for the price. Extremely clean. We were always aware of the staff cleaning and keeping up the hotel, yard and beach. They also kept the seaweed off the beach each morning. Towels were big and fluffy, both beach and shower. Food was good, but not amazing. Basic variety such as chicken, stew, breads, veggies and a few desserts. Nice fruit beverages for breakfast too. If you are looking for the Ritz Carlton, this is not it. Walls, ceilings are patched up and look a little old. Showers and bathroom area is very small. Spa services are WAY too overpriced. You can get 4 massages in US for the price of 1 at their resort. Only one beer on tap, need variety. You also have to pay for bottled water. It is only complementary in your room upon check in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

We appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience, this helps us know our strengths and weaknesses so we can provide a better service day by day.

We hope we can see you once again in the future so you can enjoy the new concept and services we offer.

Rahway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had a great time here. This is not a 5 star hotel or the nicest one in cancan. But if you're looking for a great beach, great room views, and all inclusive drinks and food on a budget you can't go wrong here. The food was very good compared to other all inclusives I stayed at. The only real negative I had was that the air conditioning barely worked in the room. But a great place to stay on a budget.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to greet you and at the same time thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Cancun. We are extremely glad you enjoyed the restaurants, rooms, facilities and public areas of our Hotel.

We will submit your comments to the departments in charge so we can fix the inconveniences you had with the air conditioning, this way we can keep improving day by day to offer our guest better experiences.

Hope we can see you again soon.
New Caney, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

To start off, at check in it was a bad experience. I work in the travel industry and get a discount. I called the hotel before we left and was quoted a price. When we got to the hotel, we asked for the discount and I showed her my ID and said I get this certain price. I was told that they don't give discounts. I told them I called and was told it would be this price. After a ot of argument they got a supervisor and finally after about 15 mins and they gave me my rate which was a ittle more than I was quoted, but we were ready to get a room and I agreed. Next, the food there SUCKS!!! It was so AWFULL we couldn't even eat it. I did find some sandwich meat and bread and I put some on my plate and asked for a to-go box. I was told that I could not take it out of the restaraunt... WOW! So, I left it on the table. The pool has a swim up bar but they do not have beer, you have to get out and go to the front lobby bar to get a beer. If you was anything with type of premium liquer you hve to pay extra. Went to bed and got up the next morning to have breakfast.. DISCUSTING !!!!! The WORST food I have ever had. We paid for 2 nights and asked for a refund on our 2nd night. We did get a refund and left this horrible place and went to a better resort. DO NOT STAY HERE if you ike to eat, have fun and/or drink. AND, most of the rooms do NOT have a balcony. We met some other guests and they said they were going to compain to their travel agency for recommending this place.

Room Tip: Don't even consider this hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barry,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit, we are truly sorry we were not able to meet you expectations. We want to let you know that all your comments and opinions are very important to us and will be submitted to the correct departments to ensure a better service in the future.

Regarding your food and beverage comments, we can assure you that they are made with the highest standards of quality and hygiene.

We hope you give us the opportunity to receive you once again and change your perception about our Hotel.

chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past several years. I just want to stress to potential bookers that there are TWO hotels, both located on the same site. The Grand Oasis Viva is more upscale; the Oasis Viva less so.
Having stayed in both, here is my take on why I actually prefer the Oasis Viva rather than the Grand and my reasons. The Grand is usually available in advance and onsite for a slight bump in price; however, there are only a few rooms in the Grand part of the hotel that offer a balcony, which is a must for me. The Grand rooms are relatively new, updated and larger (partially due to the fact that there is no balcony). The Grand also offers access to some additional restaurants and better liquor.
That said, the Grand pool, while it has nicer recliners, is in the shade much of the day and the beach that is closest is very rocky. The "regular" Oasis Viva rooms for the most part have balconies but are fairly dated. But for me the balcony is a must, and even in the Oasis Viva one has to be careful as not all rooms have a balcony (the higher floors do not) and some of the balconies are fronted by a planter box which takes up space and obscures the view. I also really like the all-guest buffet and really didn't see an advantage to the other one. It used to be that the Oasis attracted families and locals, but as it is now billed as "adults-only" I suspect this is not the case. I might mention that the price has also spiked since it became Adults-only and for the price I think there are better options.
The beach in front of the older part of the property is much nicer and less rocky. The chicken hut on the beach, which is relatively new, was a welcomed addition! As for the reservations only restaurants, my experiences have been dismal. Back when the Mexican restaurant was housed in a palapa, it was a wonderful experience. Now, it is all indoors and the service was not good. I find the buffet always has plenty of choices, both mexican and non.
Check-in has always been a nightmare!
This hotel chain tries so hard, but staff lack the training to make this a great experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and for being loyal to our Hotel. We appreciate the clarification you are making regarding the difference between the two categories we have, but we wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that we are currently making changes and our entire property will be turned into a Grand category.

These changes will allow all of our guest to have complete access to all the restaurants, bars, facilities and public areas.

Thank you for your preference and we hope to see you once again soon.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Just returned from our first trip to Cancun. Stayed four nights here. Enjoyed the staff, food and accommodations very much. The Grand package includes all of the amenities (I recommend this) and we also upgraded to a balcony room, which was great (the air conditioning was colder, too). I met a few of the other guests who did not have the grand package and they seemed a bit disappointed with what was included, so be sure to book the Grand Oasis Viva, rather than just Oasis Viva (I think it's a bit cheaper to do this right up front, but I think you can upgrade at the hotel - might cost a bit more though). The organized daily activities by the pool (games and DJ) are a lot of fun (swim up bar is awesome, too). And there is a nightly show, either on the main outdoor stage or in the main lobby - we enjoyed the shows each night - top-notch talent! The only critisms I have: (1) watch out for the guys in the white collars at the VIP (always seem like they're trying to sell you something); (2) we didn't like that the pool bar closed at 5:30 p.m., and the pool closed at 8 p.m.; (3) most of the restaurants were not open between 4-6 (ciesta, I guess), so if you like to eat an early dinner, you really need to plan accordingly. But once we figured out the schedules, everything went just fine. The quality and service at this hotel is exceptional - staff is absolutely terrific!

Room Tip: I recommend spending a few more dollars and ensure that you have the Grand package, and for an extra...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Viva, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Paula,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your vacations in our hotel and we are delighted to have met your expectations.

We are glad you enjoyed our daily shows and activities since we work really hard to keep our guests entertained and make sure they have an amazing time with us.

It is gratifying to receive such great comments regarding our staff; we will surely congratulate them for their terrific job.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to Cancun.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for 8 nights after purchasing a Groupon. I don't see how anyone could have had a bad experience here! Ours was PERFECT! The hotel is gorgeous and the room was not only clean but very modern and had a view the was breathtaking of the blue Caribbean waters.

These service we got at the restaurants was amazing (they would even mark our tables and replace silverware between courses). Juan, a server at the seafood restaurant 'Cocoa' always greeted us by name to join him for lunch, bringing us a new beer or extra salsa before we could ask. Loved him. Basically, just give a few dollars for the staff's service and you will be treated like kings.

The waters in front of the hotel are very calm and crystal clear, making for a cool and romantic place to relax. At night time, the hotel provided us with a Michael Jackson impersonator with dancers and they seriously belonged in Hollywood.

I would give 6 stars if I could. Great experience and one of the best vacations we've ever had. No hidden fees or tricky business tactics. Very happy with how Oasis does business.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor higher up, we were on floor 9 and I'd say our view was probably the best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Heidi Bugala,

We are flattered to know that your stay with us has motivated you to share such a great review about our hotel.

We are very happy to have met your expectations and that you were able to have an excellent trip to Cancun. We work hard to create positive experiences for our guests so they can remember our hotel with a huge smile.

Thanks for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable. It makes us happy to know you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities, entertainment and personalized service we offer.

We hope you can visit us again soon.
Best regards.

Been to Grand Oasis Viva? Share your experiences!