We stayed at the Grand Oasis Viva Beach hotel which I can't fault too much as we actually enjoyed our stay over there. Looking at other reviews and what other guests complained about at the time, we were actually fortunate enough to have two rooms with WORKING air conditioning (638 and 642). Most other guests there had complained that their AC was pants so I guess we were fortunate.
The food - It was better than I thought it would be. Quite a wide selection of food for both vegetarians and carnivores!
Cleanliness - There appeared to be cleaners all around the hotel, working all around the clock, making sure that the hotel stayed at a decent enough level.
Staff - Other than the reception staff, who are the most miserable and unhelpful tw@s in the hotel, the staff are generally quite good. Abraham, the poolside host, is awesome and would def get the American 'high five' from us!
Security - OK, this bit let the hotel down very, VERY badly...!! We were there for 7 days and sadly, we were robbed on our last day!! It wasn't an isolated event either as it turned out that 4 other people has personal belongings taken from their hotel room. It's worth noting that 3 of the 4 victims had their rooms broken into the night before they were leaving - almost as though they know that there's only so much fuss that can be kicked off! One of our friends that we made at the hotel, had somebody 'walk into their room' (i.e. UNLOCK their room) whilst her boyfriend was downstairs and she was in the shower with her bathroom door open.. Fortunately, the staff member ran off but the poor girl was absolutely terrified as a result. As for our own theft, it happened between 5:00am and 10:30am. My friend and I both woke up to the door closing and realised that we had both heard the door being opened (the clicking sound of the keycard being accepted). Sadly, we had $300 stolen in cash. There are no cameras on any of the floors (that I know of) and the only way you can get into a room, is with a keycard. We are convinced that there is an inside job going on. Other thefts from other guests during our 7 days stay, have included cash, iphones and a camera. We were blamed by the reception for not taking the expensive 'safe option' although we were warned against this by other guests as being 'unsafe'.... go figure!
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel Cancun
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel
- Grand Oasis Viva Beach Cancun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Grand Oasis Viva, The Hip Resort! Oasis Loves Happiness, Are U Ready? “I’m a star – and I’m ready for my close-up: close-up to the beach, close-up to the fun. I’m exclusive, living in the hip, happening heart of Cancun, offering shopping, fine dining and nightlife as well as the picture-postcard beachfront that dreams are made of. Talk about good-looking: every one of my rooms has an ocean view! I’m bit more upscale than my sister, Oasis Viva, offering VIP treatment and extra amenities! Best of all, I’ve got a peaceful, upscale, adults-only vibe. Call me the resort that has everything… but call me.” ADULTS-ONLY. NO KIDDING.All-Inclusive Facilities include 8 Restaurants, 8 Bars, 2 Swimming Pools with Ocean Views, Spa($), Fitness Center, Entertainment, Beach Club, Smart Car($) and shop.Comfort: 165 Ocean View rooms including 26 suites. All Rooms include air conditioning, King Bed or 2 Double beds, Flat Screen TV with cable, Telephone($), Internet Wifi($), Minibar, safety box($), Radio Alarm clock, hairdryer, bathroom with amenities and ipod charger.Location: It has a prime location in the hotel zone of Cancun, 15miles from the international airport and 5 miles from the citycenter. Walking, you get to malls, bars, restaurants and theConvention Center.We offer the opportunity to visit any of our other resorts during your stay with the CLUB OASIS RUNAWAY program. Day passes, preferential access to special events, shows, concerts and golf at the Hotel Oasis Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Grand Oasis Viva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.