I'll start by saying- I'm on vacation at the resort- its 6AM and I'm awake! The air does not work in our room and its a hot box and miserable. I've been to Cancun many times and this is one of the worst resorts we've ever stayed at. We upgraded to the "grand" oasis viva, because the website showed all these "grand" extra amenities. The first room they provided us, was down right gross. The furniture was old and disorganized. We were doomed we feared. The second room they gave us was clearly deemed a smoking section by the previous guests. They kept wanting to come spray air freshner and we had to keep explaining the room needed to be aired out, because the smoke was in the walls and linens. Then we were told we could uprade to a room with a balcony, so we opted for that, then they said they didn't have a room with a balcony, so we ended up on the 6th floor in this miserably hot room I'm in now. Its clean and looks more like the pictures online,but its very hot. Also this room ordeal involved multiple long trips up and down the world's smallest slowest elevator (its max wait is 630kg)! and be careful, the walls of the elevator are as hot as stove top- scalded my elbow many times as we were all squeezed into a very tight space.
The all inclusive concept here is a joke... I don't see why anyone would even entertain purchasing a time share from this company. There is FINE print everywhere. All the restaurants have the same food with a different name and order (some places the dish is an appetizer and at some its a entree) and the menu is very limited! Then they continously present you with menus that you can purchase from for a fee of anywhere from $13-$40 and they STRESS the tip is not included in these menu items. Same for drinks- they have a purchase for good liquor- sad thing is the drinks are still terrible, because the mixers are just nasty. And room service is a joke as well- "room service is free" BUT there's a $14 service charge plus 10% tip that are extra cost. I'm not sure what the non-grand guests are experiencing but I feel like we upgraded to have the ability to pay for additional upgrades--- I'm not at all pleased with this stay. We're going to visit the other Oasis resorts today which by the way, they do not run shuttles, so we have to pay for a taxi or the bus!
We will not be staying here again and I strongly urge others to discuss other options with your travel agent prior to travel.
Now if I were a broke college student on spring break, this might be okay, but I'm not- I'm a 32 year old adult and I paid for an "Adult Only" resort thinking I was going to be getting a luxe "Adult Only" resort experience.
Words of advice: You will need a vacation to recover from vacationing at the Grand Oasis Viva!
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel Cancun
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel
- Grand Oasis Viva Beach Cancun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Grand Oasis Viva, The Hip Resort! Oasis Loves Happiness, Are U Ready? “I’m a star – and I’m ready for my close-up: close-up to the beach, close-up to the fun. I’m exclusive, living in the hip, happening heart of Cancun, offering shopping, fine dining and nightlife as well as the picture-postcard beachfront that dreams are made of. Talk about good-looking: every one of my rooms has an ocean view! I’m bit more upscale than my sister, Oasis Viva, offering VIP treatment and extra amenities! Best of all, I’ve got a peaceful, upscale, adults-only vibe. Call me the resort that has everything… but call me.” ADULTS-ONLY. NO KIDDING.All-Inclusive Facilities include 8 Restaurants, 8 Bars, 2 Swimming Pools with Ocean Views, Spa($), Fitness Center, Entertainment, Beach Club, Smart Car($) and shop.Comfort: 165 Ocean View rooms including 26 suites. All Rooms include air conditioning, King Bed or 2 Double beds, Flat Screen TV with cable, Telephone($), Internet Wifi($), Minibar, safety box($), Radio Alarm clock, hairdryer, bathroom with amenities and ipod charger.Location: It has a prime location in the hotel zone of Cancun, 15miles from the international airport and 5 miles from the citycenter. Walking, you get to malls, bars, restaurants and theConvention Center.We offer the opportunity to visit any of our other resorts during your stay with the CLUB OASIS RUNAWAY program. Day passes, preferential access to special events, shows, concerts and golf at the Hotel Oasis Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Oasis Viva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.