“Way to stressful for this to be vacation!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Viva

Save Saved
You added Grand Oasis Viva to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Viva
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 8,5. Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Be Live Grand Viva Beach)   |
Ranked #84 of 175 hotels in Cancun
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Way to stressful for this to be vacation!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'll start by saying- I'm on vacation at the resort- its 6AM and I'm awake! The air does not work in our room and its a hot box and miserable. I've been to Cancun many times and this is one of the worst resorts we've ever stayed at. We upgraded to the "grand" oasis viva, because the website showed all these "grand" extra amenities. The first room they provided us, was down right gross. The furniture was old and disorganized. We were doomed we feared. The second room they gave us was clearly deemed a smoking section by the previous guests. They kept wanting to come spray air freshner and we had to keep explaining the room needed to be aired out, because the smoke was in the walls and linens. Then we were told we could uprade to a room with a balcony, so we opted for that, then they said they didn't have a room with a balcony, so we ended up on the 6th floor in this miserably hot room I'm in now. Its clean and looks more like the pictures online,but its very hot. Also this room ordeal involved multiple long trips up and down the world's smallest slowest elevator (its max wait is 630kg)! and be careful, the walls of the elevator are as hot as stove top- scalded my elbow many times as we were all squeezed into a very tight space.
The all inclusive concept here is a joke... I don't see why anyone would even entertain purchasing a time share from this company. There is FINE print everywhere. All the restaurants have the same food with a different name and order (some places the dish is an appetizer and at some its a entree) and the menu is very limited! Then they continously present you with menus that you can purchase from for a fee of anywhere from $13-$40 and they STRESS the tip is not included in these menu items. Same for drinks- they have a purchase for good liquor- sad thing is the drinks are still terrible, because the mixers are just nasty. And room service is a joke as well- "room service is free" BUT there's a $14 service charge plus 10% tip that are extra cost. I'm not sure what the non-grand guests are experiencing but I feel like we upgraded to have the ability to pay for additional upgrades--- I'm not at all pleased with this stay. We're going to visit the other Oasis resorts today which by the way, they do not run shuttles, so we have to pay for a taxi or the bus!
We will not be staying here again and I strongly urge others to discuss other options with your travel agent prior to travel.
Now if I were a broke college student on spring break, this might be okay, but I'm not- I'm a 32 year old adult and I paid for an "Adult Only" resort thinking I was going to be getting a luxe "Adult Only" resort experience.
Words of advice: You will need a vacation to recover from vacationing at the Grand Oasis Viva!

Room Tip: Request room with white bedding and not the red bedding. The red bedding rooms are the older and no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Viva, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Tara,

We are very sorry that we did not met your expectations, we would like to sincerely apologise and inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service.

We are glad we had the opportunity to solved all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay, this way we were able to enhance your experience and change your perception of our service.

We would be pleased to welcome you again on your next vacation.

684 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and had the vacation from hell. It rained for our entire stay. Chunks of the ceiling were all over the floor as a result of the water. The hallway (on the 10h floor) flooded--we are talking ankle deep water! (This happened all over the hotel, not just on our floor.) Our room flooded as well. Water were dripping out of the light fixtures--while the lights were on. We felt this was unsafe and a huge electrocution risk. The "grand" elevator is tiny and doesn't work most of the time. There are 7 restaurants--most were closed "due to rain." Of the restaurants that were open, many of them did not have the food listed on the menu. The drinks were TERRIBLE!!!! I couldn't even get a decent margarita. It was not the liquor--it was the mixers. Awful!! The beach was eroded and completely rocky. There were basically no activities going on in the hotel. The website says the hotel has 3 or 4 bars--we could only find 2. The staff was miserable, rude, and not helpful at all. The website says the resort has pay per channels--they don't and never have according to the staff. The rooms are very run-down and the bedding is terrible--very scratchy and bally sheets. We offered to pay more and go to a different resort and they would not even entertain the idea. They refused to look to see if any rooms were available. I will never stay at any of the Oasis resorts again. Our experience was terrible. We actually had a groupon for our stay, which made the price very reasonable, but it was not worth it. Do not waste your money!

Dear Ms.

We are extremely sorry we were not able to meet your expectations, we offer you a sincere apology and inform you that all of your comments will be canalized to the corresponding department to manage the inconveniences you had the best way possible. We are sorry the weather was not optimal during your stay in the hotel. We will take everything into account to improve our service day by day and hopefully meet your needs and expectations in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, this helps us progress. Hope we have the opportunity of receiving you once again so we can change your perception of the hotel.
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on june7-11. I love this hotel. We were VIP. So we had access to everything. The drinks were phenomenal. Everybody at the hotel was super friendly and helpful. The vibe was extremely chilled. The food was spectacular. So many options. This was my 4 th time in cancun, and I have stayed at the Hyatt, Marriott etc. but so far this has been my best experience. The best part is this hotel is that it's walking distance with Cancun's nightlife.

Room Tip: Go VIP. You will have access to all bars and restaurants. VIP makes you feel special.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ms.

It is very satisfying to receive your great comments regarding our hotel; this motivates us to keep improving and guarantee a high quality service. We hope to see you again soon; we will be waiting with open arms and really pleased to receive you.
Once again, thank you for your confidence in our hotel, we are at your service.
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I booked our trip at Viva Oasis through CheapCaribbean.com ( which we've used several time and have never had a problem with them ) We stayed the 2nd week of June 2013 the resort was absolutely beautiful we loved the beach ( there were a few rocks but they were easy to navigate through) both pools were nice but we loved the endless pool. The whole resort was constantly being cleaned by the staff and they did an outstanding job. The buffet was OK nothing to get excited about. We did like the Happy Chicken and ate lunch there every day. The room was fine with the exception of the air conditioner.We also really enjoyed laying in the pool beds around the endless pool in the evening listening to the guy that played the saxophone. We didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Request balcony
Dear Mr.

Thank you for staying at our hotel during your visit to Cancun. We wanted to express our gratitude for all the flattering comments and good experiences you had during your stay.
We hope to see you again soon, we are glad we met all of your expectations.
Best Regards.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Love the food, my favorite restaurant was careyes. it was one of the best restaurants they have. the rooms were big and spacious, a very clean hotel. the entertainment at night was amazing. the service at the hotel was very helpful and consierge was attentive. i was there for four nights with my friends and we would definitely come back

Room Tip: my room number was 937 and i would definitely recommend that.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ms.

We are delighted you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the restaurants, entertainment and facilities. We will congratulate our staff for the great service. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we are happy we met all of your expectations. Hope to see you on your next vacations to Cancun.
Best Regards.
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I get that no one can control the weather. But they can control how they maintain their hotel. Stayed 1st week of June. Tons & tons of rain. Water coming into the hotel in all places. Towels & buckets all along the hallways, lobbys, restaurants, everywhere. Ceiling coming down in several areas. A/C was barely discernible or none at all. Because of the rain, over half of the restaurants were closed for most of the the week. The one place where we made a reservation, it ended up being closed & they never bothered with a courtesy call to let us know. Just found out when we went down for dinner. The pool bar was flooded & not functional for almost the entire stay. Food was passable, used a lot of the same types of food in the different restaurants. Dos Lunas & Maria Bonita was always excellent though. Entertainment was almost non-existent. Barely any "activities" planned. Constantly "harrassed" by the concierge or whatever she was, about "Welcome Tour", all they wanted was for us to attend a 90-minute sales pitch. EVERY time we walked through the lobby she would confront us. Even called our room several times. Tiny elevator (barely 4 people can fit comfortably) on the "Grand" side. It was broken down most of the time. Hallways & lobbies always hot, no airflow what-so-ever.
Room was a decent size. They cleaned it well everyday. But it was poorly maintained. Several tiles in bathroom broken. Pieces stuck to our feet everytime we went in there. A/C barely worked. You can hear EVERY noise from the hallway. Even just someone walking by & not talking very loud. Beach & water was very nice. View from our room was very nice.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms provide a great view. We were on the 8th floor.
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Viva, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Mr.

We are sorry we couldn't meet your expectations. Your comments have been taken into account and will be channelized to the corresponding department to correct the inconsistencies and provide a better service and hospitality in the future.
Hope we can have the opportunity to receive you once again to provide a better experience and perception of our hotel.
Thank you for your comments, they help us improve.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Everything was amazing especially the group that planned activities! Andrés, Abraham, and Carlos were amazing! The food and service was great! I definitely recommend oasis viva to anyone staying in Cancun! The staff was so friendly and always greeted you whenever you saw them. They were always finding ways to get to know the guests and make their experience one they will never forget! Love oasis viva

• Stayed June 2013
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Viva, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind and positive comments and opinions. We are extremely happy you spent your vacations in our hotel and we are glad you enjoyed all the activities and the excellent service provided by the staff.
We look forward on seeing you here for next vacations! It was a pleasure to serve you and make of your stay a wonderful experience.
Best regards.

Been to Grand Oasis Viva? Share your experiences!