We stayed here for 4 nights and had the vacation from hell. It rained for our entire stay. Chunks of the ceiling were all over the floor as a result of the water. The hallway (on the 10h floor) flooded--we are talking ankle deep water! (This happened all over the hotel, not just on our floor.) Our room flooded as well. Water were dripping out of the light fixtures--while the lights were on. We felt this was unsafe and a huge electrocution risk. The "grand" elevator is tiny and doesn't work most of the time. There are 7 restaurants--most were closed "due to rain." Of the restaurants that were open, many of them did not have the food listed on the menu. The drinks were TERRIBLE!!!! I couldn't even get a decent margarita. It was not the liquor--it was the mixers. Awful!! The beach was eroded and completely rocky. There were basically no activities going on in the hotel. The website says the hotel has 3 or 4 bars--we could only find 2. The staff was miserable, rude, and not helpful at all. The website says the resort has pay per channels--they don't and never have according to the staff. The rooms are very run-down and the bedding is terrible--very scratchy and bally sheets. We offered to pay more and go to a different resort and they would not even entertain the idea. They refused to look to see if any rooms were available. I will never stay at any of the Oasis resorts again. Our experience was terrible. We actually had a groupon for our stay, which made the price very reasonable, but it was not worth it. Do not waste your money!
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel Cancun
- Be Live Grand Viva Beach Hotel
- Grand Oasis Viva Beach Cancun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Grand Oasis Viva, The Hip Resort! Oasis Loves Happiness, Are U Ready? “I’m a star – and I’m ready for my close-up: close-up to the beach, close-up to the fun. I’m exclusive, living in the hip, happening heart of Cancun, offering shopping, fine dining and nightlife as well as the picture-postcard beachfront that dreams are made of. Talk about good-looking: every one of my rooms has an ocean view! I’m bit more upscale than my sister, Oasis Viva, offering VIP treatment and extra amenities! Best of all, I’ve got a peaceful, upscale, adults-only vibe. Call me the resort that has everything… but call me.” ADULTS-ONLY. NO KIDDING.All-Inclusive Facilities include 8 Restaurants, 8 Bars, 2 Swimming Pools with Ocean Views, Spa($), Fitness Center, Entertainment, Beach Club, Smart Car($) and shop.Comfort: 165 Ocean View rooms including 26 suites. All Rooms include air conditioning, King Bed or 2 Double beds, Flat Screen TV with cable, Telephone($), Internet Wifi($), Minibar, safety box($), Radio Alarm clock, hairdryer, bathroom with amenities and ipod charger.Location: It has a prime location in the hotel zone of Cancun, 15miles from the international airport and 5 miles from the citycenter. Walking, you get to malls, bars, restaurants and theConvention Center.We offer the opportunity to visit any of our other resorts during your stay with the CLUB OASIS RUNAWAY program. Day passes, preferential access to special events, shows, concerts and golf at the Hotel Oasis Cancun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Grand Oasis Viva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.