“misrepresentation” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Viva

Save Saved
You added Grand Oasis Viva to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Viva
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 8,5. Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Be Live Grand Viva Beach)   |
Ranked #81 of 172 hotels in Cancun
calgary
“misrepresentation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

i just returned back from Oasis Viva resort and am completely disappointed (to say the least)! this resort is shown as an 18+ Adult Resort so why were there children on the resort? they show that room service is included but fail to annouce there is a delivery charge of $15 each time! they advertise kayaks and paddle board that dont exist! The gym facility was a joke with half the equipment not functional. I even had to argue with the staff in order to get water which the housekeeping staff didnt leave. I feel as though I wasted my money and was completely misled!!! Definitely not a 4 star resort either. word of mouth is a very powerful thing and I will ensure to tell everyone with every possible means of communication about this terrible waste of my money!!!!

Room Tip: a good tip is not to stay at this resort!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

860 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Overall our vacation was just what we were looking for. Beach , sun and relaxing. The housekeepers were great cleaning and providing fresh towels daily. The only complaint is the front desk staff was not at all courteous... I will say down right rude. Maintenance was also a problem and did not want to fix anything. If you had a problem they will say 10 minutes and never show up... When you call again they wil not answer... EVER! That's when I had to find a maintenance man myself and have him install a new dryer. As for the pool bar and happy chicken bar they do not serve beer there... They stopped that during our stay. I asked the also rude director and he informed us they were trying to change their image... BEER drinkers beware... You're probably not welcome! This is a great resort it's a shame it's ruined by a rude director and front desk staff. I would give it 5 stars if I never encountered the director and front desk staff.

• Stayed February 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Pilar always had a smile on her face and she always made sure to let everyone know the activities scheduled. Then, just before the scheduled start time, she would round us up so that there were always plenty of participants and you didn't feel funny about participating. She is a great asset to that team!!!

Room Tip: Air conditioning was sub-standard and did not keep the room cool enough even though we visited off t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had booked an all inclusive trip with Sunwing to the Oasis Viva. The "Grand Oasis Viva" is an adjoined part of the same location but is newer and the rooms are upgraded and it gives access to more restaurants (at an additional cost to the regular Oasis Viva). The flight down was an experience from H... Flight was 7 hours late and when we got to the Oasis Viva, that we had originally bought a package for, they said they had given our rooms away as they didn't know if we had cancelled. Personally that is crap as we paid for the room in the package and they had our money. However they made it up to us by upgrading us to the Grand Oasis the next day, with free wi-fi and balcony with incredible ocean view. Food at both Oasis and Grand was excellent but Grand gave you more restaurant options. Would go again. Thanks Alexis!

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor which was great. Also being in the Grand Oasis on the south wing was a bit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

WOW!!! Most amazing beach! Although water is not that deep....great for having a bevie in!!
We "upgraded" here from Oasis Tulum...I wish we would have stayed at Tulum!! Not that there was really anything wrong with this hotel. Great attentive staff (front desk more attentive than Tulum's) & the beach is to die for!! I will say the food was a disappointment after Tulum...MUCH less choices on buffet, al a cartes were about the same. Make sure to try "Happy Chicken" for a snack!! I will point out that there is NO DISCO at this hotel!!! I asked at Lobby bar and was told the disco was 2 blocks away...at Cocobongos!!!! As a single adult female travelling with her family at Christmas this was a HUGE let-down! Also... beautiful ocean view from my room on the 10th floor....but no balcony :( There were very few rooms with balconies I noticed. Overall nice clean hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Such a great trip to cancun! The staff @ was great! Jennifer @ the Front desk is wonderful, she was very thorough during check in. She was happy to help get additional information about things we wanted to do and super friendly. Angel at the front bar was fantasic! Great drinks, fun conversation. Abraham and pillar were a lot of fun running poolside activities. I want their job! Your photographer was so sweet and friendly, I don't remember her name but she was awsome. Lucy and jimmy were great resources also! Loved Oscar the Dj! He was super fun and played great music, although a little more Latin music would have been appreciated! When in Mexico, right? I left feeling like the staff genuinely cared about everyone having a good time. After a few days poolside I felt like I made a lot of new friends. Thanks for such a fun trip!

Also the shows each night were really fun, a great way to start off the night before going to the clubs!

• Stayed February 2013
Selkirk, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I must say this is my second trip back to Mexico, and enjoy the friendly atmosphere mixed with ALL the beauty an eye can see :)
Grand Oasis Viva was what I thought might be a step down from our previous 5 Star trip in Cozumel, but we were soon pleasantly surprised continuously through-out our week stay :)
We were able to avoid the bombardment of the excursion sales and cabs upon arrival which Sunwing provided before and upon coming to Mexico. Oasis was a safe haven from all high pressure sales, as one would expect anyhow ...next was, a bit confusing but we were whisked away to Viva side of Hotel which seemed to be somewhat VIP area's with added security. Check In was slow but relaxing and soon we were in our new home for a week :) Again I must say....we were spoit rotten at our Honeymoon in Cozumel last year....so Grand Oasis Viva had alot to live up to Lol But as a Building Maintenance Type Person, I soon found some cracks in the walls type issues, and possibly an overall air-conditioning deficiency , but with these minor issues aside...We could give this entire Hotel an A+....I experienced alot of extremely friendly staff with some spicy sarcasm thrown in at the right times :) The Restaurants were perfect, and staff seemed to pay special attention to my Wife which I thought Who doesn,t want their wifes to be treated like a Princess, and overall the food was presented nicely and tasted wonderful.
The Beach was flawless...and the Sea was warmer than the pools :) I would definately recommend this hotel as a 4 Star and if the Air Conditioning was a little more powerful through-out building and a few more options included with all-inclusive package, i could easily give this place a 5 Star rate :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Oasis Viva? Share your experiences!