“Pampered Luxury ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Zilara Cancun

You added Hyatt Zilara Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulkan Km 11.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New All Inclusive Hotels
Ranked #3 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
West Yellowstone, Montana
“Pampered Luxury ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This visit occurred a few years ago but feel it's still relevant. Staff, facilities, check in/out all great experiences. We upgraded to swim up suite and we're very happy with upgrade. If your coming here for water ,pool, beach, pay the upgrade! We lived in our private pool, leisurely swim to swim up bar, afternoons spent on beach- enhancing a full day of sun. With cancun new eastern time even longer days now
Just stayed at another cancun all inclusive for alot less $ and was very pleased but didn't have Zilara expectations
Food was all great, Pelicanos was our favorite breakfast and lunch option. Mayan night and beach party nights were a blast! Easy to see how HZ has climbed back up review from transition REALLY TO HZ.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We chose to invite our grown up kids and a fiance on vacation to Zilara.

It was worth every dollar spent. We have been to several nice hotels around the world, but this is one of the best. The staff was absolutely amazing. Everybody was very service-minded and friendly. The restaurants were nice as well, although the all inclusive house wine could benefit from being upgraded, the sparkling wine was perfect though.
The bands intertaining in the bar were pros, please play a little longer.

Especially the beach party New Years's Eve was fun, please do that again.

The rooms are very nice, and we can't blame it on Zilara that ny wife and I can't agree on the temperature i jacuzzi. Due to the pretty windy conditions we recommend the staff to check the sealings at the sliding doors to the balconies, they are noisy.

One of the reasons we go to a place like this is to have fun at the beach. The waves and the sandy beach were perfect, and you can enjoy it perfectly safe because of the hotel's lifeguards. They are very professional, and they keep an eye on you all the time, please respect their instructions, it is for your own safety, we saw one guy who was rescued in seconds. Luckely he did not have to get first aid, which the guards also are trained to do.

We are looking forward to come back, in december.

Stayed December 2014
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was one of my first leisure stays with the Hyatt property in a long time. I have stayed over 50 nights at Hyatt properties so far this year, and have stayed over 200 nights in the previous year, so I am no stranger to the Hyatt brand.

To start off with the developing areas:

-Food cleanliness and hygiene – I had two negative experiences when dining at the restaurants at this property. The first was at Pelicano’s where I found a hair in my shrimp. The second was at Asiana, where I found ants all over my lap and on the napkin on my lap. I soon realized that there were a ton of ants in the straw that was given to me. I’m not sure how a nest of ants arrived in my sealed straw, but I thought this was a major concern that needs to be addressed.

-Service/Response – On my last night at the property, Tuesday April 7th. I wanted to just have dessert at Asiana, since I had this fabulous dessert there a couple nights prior (this dessert was my favorite thing that I ate at the property). I entered the restaurant at approximately 10:10pm, 50 minutes before the closing time at 11:00pm. I told the restaurant captain that I just wanted to dine in for dessert. He was extremely rude to me and was almost arguing to me about how they may not have the dessert. He asked the chef it could be made and it was indeed available. He proceeded to lecture me on how this dessert isn’t always available and there is prep time and what not. I honestly don’t understand what the attitude was for, I did not come in 15 minutes before the restaurant was closing and was he basically telling me that if other customers came in to order this dessert, they wouldn’t be able to? Never in my 250 plus stays at a Hyatt have I ever had someone speak to me in that manner. The chef later stopped by my table and saw that I was angry and frustrated and said that it was the captain’s first couple weeks of the job where he wasn’t unaware of how long the dessert actually took to prepare. He was very kind and apologized on behalf of the rude employee who I had to deal with. If it wasn’t for the chef I would have left the property with a not so great experience.

-Treatment of Diamond Members – Since this is an all-inclusive property there are really no unique benefits to diamond members. The room upgrade to a higher floor room with a better view was nice, but no unique welcome amenities or anything extra special that you would typically receive at other Hyatt properties as a Diamond member.

-Bring back Zumba! I saw on the Facebook page that this property used to have Zumba, but when I was there they no longer had it. If they could bring it back, that would be absolutely delightful!

Now on to the good…

Each and every single one of these employees provided excellent service, went the extra mile, and really made the trip spectacular for my mom and me. I hope that management of the Hyatt Zilara Cancun property gives each of the employees mentioned below get special recognition as they deserve. If it wasn't for them, my stay would be as amazing as it was...

-Coffee Shop: Alan and Alejandro, my mom would follow a daily routine of waking up early and getting a coffee and croissant each morning. Alan and Alejandro were spectacular employees who provided her with excellent service and converse with her. She said they always had a smile on their face and would go the extra mile for her!

-Spice Buffet: I had two wonderful waiters during my breakfast there – Arturo and Jared, they both went above and beyond and displayed a genuine love for serving their guests which isn’t something you find so often in my travel experiences.

-Pelicano’s: I had Abimael twice as a server where I requested him to be my server the second time. He is so genuinely kind and has a warm heart. He was wonderful conversing with my mom and I. On our first night, we ordered the cowboy rib eye for two, when it initially came, I cut in the meat and it was cooked well done, when I had ordered it medium rare. Abimael was so kind and had the kitchen re-fire us a new steak- no questions asked!

-Pool Bar: The pool bar staff is absolutely great. Two superstars were Guadalupe and Findencio. Guadalupe was on top of her game and always asked me if I wanted something to drink when she was making her rounds around the pool. FIndencio is a really fun bartender who always had a smile on his face!

-Concierge- Yuenuen Escobar was absolutely fabulous. From prior to checking in, to check out. He was there as my go to man. Any housekeeping requests I needed, I could go to him for. Any general questions about the property, Cancun, and tourist destinations he was our go to man. You can tell that he takes pride in his work and loves what he do, in serving guests.

-Activities Center/ Entertainment Staff: Lastly, I would like to highlight the funny, lively, hardworking entertainment staff. Foxy, Magic, Julio, and Aldo made my stay an absolute blast. These men are absolute superstars! Give them a raise! I was there with my mom and this vacation, and majority of the clientele in this hotel appeared to be older couples or young couples/newlyweds. The activities that these gentleman hosted made my stay and enjoyable where I didn’t feel like I was in a honeymoon resort. The water aerobics class were fantastic allowing me to get a wonderful workout. Magic, Foxy, and Julio have so much personality in leading the classes! I went on the bike riding trip with Julio too which was very great, he made sure that no one was left behind and that we were all safe and geared up properly. My mom and I participated in the guacamole making class with Foxy which was fantastic. Thanks to Foxy, I now know how to make guacamole! Magic was wonderful with the blackjack and casino night. He could be a standup comedian. Lastly, the Tuesday night White Sands party was the most fun I had my entire trip. Foxy, Magic, Julio, and Aldo were great in getting the dance party started. Magic was a great MC for the party. It was fun having them teach us the line dances to the various songs!

Overall this is a fabulous hotel with all that you could ask for! I will definitely visit this property again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Gho0229,

First of all thank you very much for your loyalty to Hyatt and for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your well-deserved vacation.

We are very happy to know you had an overall wonderful experience and truly enjoyed the fun activities, the comfortable suite with beautiful view and especially the great service provided by our valued associates, such as Alan Alejandro, Arturo, Jared, Abimael, Guadalupe, Fidencio, Yunuen, Foxy, Magic, Julio and Aldo.

Thank you very much for mentioning so many of our associates by name and be assured they will be duly recognized.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences experienced during two of your dinners, as well as the lack of service provided by the head waiter at Asiana on your last evening.
We would like you to know the issues you raised have already been addressed and the appropriate corrective measure have been taken.

We very much appreciate you sharing your valuable feedback in such detail and cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future in order to provide you with the perfect vacation you deserve.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our first experience with an "all inclusive" property, and I am pretty sure that we started with one of the best. We opted for a premium room which, in addition to having great views, entitled us to use the better restaurants and receive premium liquors. The staff could not have been more attentive or polite. The property is (obviously) on the beach, but the pools are also great. Tremendous choices for places to eat. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: High up overlooking the beach
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Lighthouse143,

Thank you very much for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun to experience your first all-inclusive vacation and for taking the time to share your truly positive review with us.

We are happy to read you truly enjoyed your upgraded room with amazing view and luxurious amenities, the delicious and varied dining options, the beautiful property, as well as the excellent service.

We very much appreciate your preference and cannot wait to welcome you back during your next vacation.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Went to the Hyatt Zilara for a wedding. My group tends to over indulge and this place accommodated all of our needs and then some. We had a wonderful time! The rooms are spacious, the wait staff is very accommodating and the food is outstanding. My wife and I had never really planned on going to Cancun again until the wedding was announced. After staying at the Hyatt Zilara however, we may be going to Cancun a lot more often than we planned.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite. I would recommend that level at least.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear AnthonyG1974,

It was a great pleasure to host you and your wife at Hyatt Zilara Cancun to attend a Destination Wedding and thank you for taking the time to share your truly wonderful experience with us.

We are excited to know you and your group had a truly fantastic stay, while enjoying the spacious room, delicious dining and great service.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back during your next trip to Cancun.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just returned from our beautiful vacation at the Hyatt Zilara. What an amazing hotel. The cleanliness of our room by Junita... She always made sure everything was perfect.. The special touch of turning down the bed at night. To the chocolate on our pillow. To the well needed water on the nightstand.
I can't express enough the hard work of the Waiter/waitresses that run the beach for hours to make sure we always had a drink in our hand. This was done with a smile on their faces. Especially Guadalope and Miguel Adrian!!!!!! They are really hard workers.
Pelicanos was the nicest place to eat lunch!!! A big congratulations to Hector Zepeda to being a first time dad... He made sure my belly was full with delicious food!!
I recommend this hotel, for sure!!! Loved that my sunglasses were cleaned daily.. It let me see the beautiful view of the ocean!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean front room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear jomarhal,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Hyatt Zilara Cancun and we very much appreciate you sharing your truly positive feedback with us.

We are excited to know you had an amazing vacation, while enjoying your well-kept suite, the gorgeous ocean view and especially the great service provided by our valued associates, such as Juanita, Guadalupe, Miguel Adrian and Hector, who will surely be proud to know they were able to positively influence your experience.

Thank you very much for recommending us and we cannot wait to host you once again during your next vacation.

Vonore, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was our 5th time to Cancun and this property is superb! Rooms, food, staff, entertainment...everything exceeded our expectations. Raphael (by the pool) was especially helpful and added to the pleasure of our trip. Do yourself a favor and get a massage. It was a wonderful way to escape and start the stay...best massage I have ever had. We especially liked that it was all adults so no screaming kids or parents screaming at kids. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Janice191,

Thank you very much for selecting Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your well-deserved vacation and for taking the time to share your wonderful vacation experience with us.

We are very happy to know we were able to meet your high expectations and that you especially enjoyed the beautiful suites, the delicious dining, the fun entertainment and the great service provided by our valued associates, such as Raphael, with whom we will surely share your motivating words.

We very much appreciate your preference and cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Alfonso Jarquin

Been to Hyatt Zilara Cancun? Share your experiences!