“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Zilara Cancun

You added Hyatt Zilara Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulkan Km 11.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New All Inclusive Hotels
Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
SD
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at the Hyatt Zilara for our 4th time February 8-14, 2015 & as with our past trips we were beyond impressed! I can't say enough about the staff, resort, beach.... It was all perfect. Has the best time during the evenings at the bar with Uriel, Angel, Polo & all the other bar staff. Can't say enough about the other staff also; pool, dining, room.... Uriel made the trip! He was amazing & hilaroius. Also got to love Rapheal our pool butler. I think he's been there for all our trips to HZ. He's definitely a keeper!
Can't wait to come back. Absolutely NOTHING I can say negative about the resort.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It was our 3rd all inclusive vacation and we were not disappointed with the resort and it's amenities. The Gym is nice and plenty of equipment in good order. The restaurants served all succulent food. The Chef's Plate is worth the experience (note: dress code requires long pants). The beach was magnificent with cleanliness and impressive size. Contrary to previous reviews on the resort we never had any issues finding available cabanas (some are room designated and some not). The ocean view is stunning (room 535) and taking a coffee (coffee shop opens at 6:00 am and serves very good specialty coffees + the servers are very polite, helpful and efficient) from our balcony early in the morning was a ritual we always look forward too. We travel 1 week as a couple an had some friends with us for a week. Since we were REAL club member and they were our guest we were able to invite them at no cost to the Italian restaurant located at the all inclusive family resort adjacent to the HYATT. I recommend this restaurant (Il Pescatore) as it was also one of the best meal we had during all of our stay. Finally special thanks to :Lindy (concierge) who did a wonderful job always being there to assist us; Martha Ramirez Yoga and Pilates instructors who gave us patiently and professionally our Pilates session experience (we liked it so much that we went 3 times); Daniel at Spice was one of the most attention ed server (although all servers of any of the restaurants were good). Only negative points were replenishment of room bar was not done adequately (missing items)/ for our departure the bell boy was late and when he came (after phoning to inquire when he would show up) it was quite close to our scheduled departure; Contrary to Royal Playa Del Carmen (we stayed at this resort in 2014) there is no available complimentary transportation for the golf resort - Riviera Cancun (you will lose lots of balls) selected as the primary for guests; we were on the 5th floor and our above neighbor were (normally no complaints) pulling or pushing furniture such as chairs we assumed/ because of the marble floors the noises of sliding furniture were quite loud and annoying (ref: 6:30 am or 10:30 + pm). Finally Overall nice good relaxing vacation and this resort offers a lot of pleasant upsides.

Room Tip: If you go to Cancun be prepared to be swamped by local small business sales person and it is not a r...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Came for 10 days for our honeymoon and it was excellent. From stepping off the coach, David greeted us with a cold towel and glass of champagne. Romance concierge checked us in and made our reservations for Asiana and chefs plate. We had a corner suite on the 5th floor, room and view were stunning. Tried all the restaurants and enjoyed all of them, the tepanyaki was better than any we've been to and the beef tenderloin at Maria Marie was the best steak I've ever had. For breakfast and lunch we alternated between pelicanos and spice, I loved the eggs benedict at pelicanos and hubby loved the omelettes at spice. Had a couples massage on the beach on Valentine's Day which was nice and relaxing. Loved our cabana on the beach and spent every day there apart from one day we spent round the pool. We noticed every day that there were plenty sunbeds around the pool, don't know what people are talking about saying there are none unless you get up at 6am. Loved the evening entertainment shows, shame there is none on a Sunday and Tuesday though. Music stops by 11pm though which was a bit too early for us, would like to have a bit of background music to drink to. All the staff were amazing, they couldn't do enough for you, met some brilliant people and will definitely be back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just came back from a week at HZ.
Let's start off with the good:
The BEST service we've ever had in our travels. Each person there is dedicated to you having the best experience possible.
The resort is large, open, grandly designed and kept. Our corner deluxe room was spacious and the dual showers were awesome. Loved the King bed and despite the heat outside, the AC was more than able to keep the room cool. As an aside, we rarely were there but to shower, change clothes, and sleep. Other than a few Cokes and water, never touched the bar - spent our whole time downstairs in the ocean and around the pool - and drinks flowed quickly and freely.
One of the other couples we were with got a swim-up room (we booked late), so spent a lot of time there.
Let's talk again about the service - it was impeccable. I can't say enough about it.You can't help but return the constant smiles you get from everyone. Got a problem, question, or issue? It WILL be addressed and solved no matter what. The pool is awesome and the beach is perfect.
The less-than-perfect:
The food. Now my wife and I literally travel to places for the weekend just to eat at a certain restaurant or a certain chef. We're not experts in any way but have experienced some of the best. HZ's presentation was delightful but it fell short on taste and flavor. It was like the toned-down version for foreigners. It lacked personality, depth, and that 'zing' that makes dishes great.
There was one exception. We had caught a large red snapper while fishing, brought it to the chef in Pelicanos and asked him to surprise us with its preparation. What he made was miles ahead of the norm. You could tell once he was freed-up to do what he wanted, the food opened-up. Using local veggies and spices, it was delicious, flavorful and had personality. Too bad they can't cut loose like that more often!
Our only other dislike was the temp of the water in the swim-up room pool. The circulating water was the temp of very warm bathwater - great early in the AM but brutal in the hot afternoon. We found ourselves heading to the ocean about once an hour to cool off!
But don't let these issues deter you - they're trivial in the overall excellence of the place.
Zilara can't be beat in Cancun!

Room Tip: Don't worry about the room - you won't be there much!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear brodertr,

Thank you very much for allowing us the privilege of hosting you at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and for sharing your detailed and honest review with us.

We are sorry to know you felt disappointed with the flavor and taste of the dining options available and that you found the pool water was too warm in the afternoons.

Please be assured that we have already communicated your concerns and will assure the appropriate corrective measures are taken.

We are very happy to know you did not permit for these areas of improvement to affect your overall experience and that you had a wonderful vacation, while enjoying the spacious room, the gorgeous property, the beautiful pool & beach areas, as well as the impeccable service.

We very much appreciate you recommending us and cannot wait to welcome you back during your next vacation in Cancun!

St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a great five days there last week. Room, food, pool, service, and beach were excellent. I will only make one complaint and I laugh thinking about the response that will follow from the "hotel manager" that reads these about how he will notify that department and make sure it doesn't happen again...blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, we signed up for a couple's massage through the guy who walks around at the pool. When we got there(on-time) for our appointment, they sent us each to our respective changing room. I got changed into my robe and they put me in another waiting room for 30 minutes--come on people--it is not a Dr's office. I almost got up and walked out. The massage was ok. At the end of the massage I was taken back to the locker room. The attendant could not open the locker so I could get back into my clothes. He then disappeared for a while to find another key card--that one did not work either. He then completely disappeared basically knowing he couldn't solve the problem he left me high and dry. After realizing he was not coming back I tracked down another person who finally let me get my stuff. This all took another 20 minutes while my wife is out there waiting for me wondering what the hell is going on.

I thought the main point of a spa/massage is to relieve stress not be stressed. They completely blew the whole experience in the beginning and the end. I will never use their services for that again.(queue the manager response that I mentioned earlier which will accomplish nothing)

Anyway, it was a beautiful hotel and aside from that, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Jroed,

Thank you very much for selecting Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your recent vacation and for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your spa appointments and would like to assure you this is not a typical example of the high quality service we aim to provide to our valued guests.

We are very sorry to know that you feel your concerns will not be addressed appropriately, however please know that we always follow up very closely on our valued guests reports in order to continue improving our services and to assure our valued guests’ satisfaction.

We are happy to know though you very much enjoyed your overall experience, including the beautiful suite, delicious dining, the gorgeous pool and beach area, as well as the great service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel speaks for itself with how fantastic it is….The food, the beach, the pool all 5 star amenities without question. What makes this the place the place you want to stay is absolutely the staff. On ALL levels. Moises and Miriam are the best 1-2 punch on the pool deck , you will never be thirsty! Mr. “Magic Man” and Julio, along with the rest of the entertainment staff, made the days in the sun and at the pool beyond fun! Fernando kept your sunglasses clean and made suggestions for the week that helped make the trip that much better. This place is my favorite place on the planet and the staff makes it what it is. Thank you everyone for the wonderful trip.

Room Tip: Get up early for a good spot at the pool...Look for Moises n Miriam n Fernando
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear John L,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and we very much appreciate you sharing your fabulous experience with us.

We are excited to know you had a wonderful stay, while enjoying the high quality food, gorgeous pool and beach area and especially the amazing service provided by our dedicated associates, such as Moises, Miriam, Magic, Julio and Fernando.

Please be assured we will share your kind words with every single one of them and they will surely be proud to know they were able to gain your appreciated loyalty.

Thank you once again for your fantastic feedback and we cannot wait to pamper you again during your next visit.

Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our 2nd visit to the Hyatt Zilara, and my 4th trip to Cancun. I should start by saying that we stayed at the Hyatt Zilara last April at the recommendation of friends who had stayed there in 2009. So, when a group of our friends began discussing a trip to Mexico for this year, we were all happy to recommend this resort.

Everything about the hotel, property and overall experience is excellent. As my fiancé described it to his family last year, "It exceeded my expectations". I’m happy to say this year's visit was no different. The pool is gorgeous and the largest I have seen when walking down the beach. A group of us enjoyed massages on the beach and their spa services were fantastic. One thing I noticed throughout the hotel is the general cleanliness of the property. The rooms, pool, beach cabanas, and common areas are all very clean and well maintained. The rooms are beautiful. I woke up to a view of a sunrise over the ocean every morning of our trip. Also, I would highly recommend using Best Day Travel to get to and from the airport. It was completely effortless and stress-free.

I think the most important thing to know about the Hyatt Zilara is that everyone, and I mean everyone, is committed to ensuring you have everything you want during your stay. Any of the staff members you pass always greet you with a smile and if you were ever to want or need anything they would go out of their way to provide it to you. You get the impression it truly matters to the staff that you have an amazing vacation. We had the pleasure of having Fernando as our poolside concierge, which not only meant that I had the cleanest sunglasses I’ve ever seen the entire week, but that we were given the opportunity to take advantage of experiences offered by the resort (outside of the many all-inclusive activities provided). We were able to enjoy a daytime beach party, a romantic dinner on the beach and massages at the spa through him. I should add that although he made us aware of these options, he was not pushy about us participating in them at all. He simply explained them to us, answered questions and allowed us to come to him once we decided what we wanted to do. Miriam and Moises (I apologize if I spell anyone’s name wrong) also made our stay something special. Moises made such an impression on my fiancé last year that he began looking for him the moment we hit the pool! They were both so wonderful we made sure to sit in their sections each day. Not only were they attentive all day long, but they remembered our orders, brought extras and suggested things they thought we would enjoy. When we were leaving, they seemed just as sad to see us go as we were to leave!

Also, the activities coordinators made our days at the pool more fun than we could have imagined. Magic was so amazing. He was welcoming, funny and made sure that everyone in the pool enjoyed themselves. On his day off we were so sad to have to spend the day without him. The staff versus guest volleyball games with Magic and Julio became the afternoon highlight for some of our group! Also, I don’t know all the names, but the wait staff at every restaurant throughout the stay was fantastic and friendly and willing to go above and beyond to get you anything you wanted.

Overall, I cannot say enough good things about this resort. Both of my experiences were fabulous and I would return again in a heartbeat…in fact my fiancé is currently lobbying to have our wedding there! I would recommend this resort to couples who want to enjoy a romantic trip as well as groups of family or friends that want to relax and have fun together.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Ashleigh_John,

Thank you very much for allowing us once again the privilege of hosting you at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and for taking the time to share your detailed and truly positive review with us.

We are truly happy to know you had another wonderful stay with us, while enjoying the gorgeous pool areas, the fantastic spa services, the well-kept and clean facilities, the beautiful rooms, fun activities and especially the personalized service provided by our dedicated associates.

We very much appreciate you mentioning our valued associates, such as Fernando, Miriam, Moises, Magic and Julio and please be assured we will share your kind words with every single one of them. We are certain they will be proud to know they were able to influence your experience so positively.

We thank you for recommending us and cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Alfonso Jarquin

Been to Hyatt Zilara Cancun? Share your experiences!