“Amazing service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Zilara Cancun

You added Hyatt Zilara Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulkan Km 11.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
New All Inclusive Hotels
Ranked #5 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Arkansas
“Amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I went with a group of my friends and had a wonderful time. The pros: Great pool area overlooking the amazing beach. (Also, there are lifeguards on this beach that take their job seriously) All rooms are oceanfront. The service and friendliness of the staff is by far the best I have ever experienced in Cancun or anywhere else I have ever been for that matter. It all started with our concierge Escobar taking care of our group. He was fantastic and full of information to make our stay even better at the Hyatt Zilara. At the pool, Francisco and Marcos spoiled us by always making sure we had water/drinks. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. At check in, we got to pick the kind of pillows we wanted. The nightly entertainment was also very good and never lasted over an hour. Cons: The only cons for me, and honestly it might be a pro for others, was that pool activities were really limited. I am in my 50's but would have loved someone bringing some life into the pool area (and, or beach area) with volleyball games, etc. Also, the music was terrible. In the mornings it was songs from the 50's and 60's, mid-morning the music was just okay and more of a pop music variety and the afternoon music was nasty. It featured singers like Nikki Minaj and her foul mouth. The same songs were repeated over and over again. That is easily fixed and the one time I complained about music, they immediately changed it. This truly is a wonderful place to stay though and I enjoyed the food at all of the restaurants. Also, the spa staff was very good and the facilities included a sauna, steam room, plunge pool, 2 large indoor Jacuzzis and one outdoor one. There were also some other specialized pools that were for specific muscle groups but I did not use any of these. This whole area can be used free of charge anytime during its open hours. I also found the fitness area to be very adequate. The wi-fi worked well in most locations and there was no additional charge for that either. We were a group of five women and we felt safe and taken care of at this resort at all times. We all enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I just returned today from a three-night stay at the Hyatt Zilara. It turned out to be an excellent choice of resorts for our quick getaway without the kids.
The property is just gorgeous, immaculately maintained and well-run. We loved that it was adults-only in a classy kind of way. The service was, almost without exception, top-notch. The room was spacious and the view breathtaking. We were able to enjoy every minute.
I'll admit to being very picky and do have a few things I would improve if I ran the show:
- Clarity around tipping. We did tip, but it was hard to know how much, and some we were around didn't tip at all. A sentence along the lines of 'tipping is not expected but certainly appreciated; a tip in the amount of $5 a meal is appropriate' - or something - just to keep us from guessing.
- We were welcomed by a very nice woman named explained she was there to help get us settled and see if we had any questions. Ok, great, that's very nice. We had some lunch, settled in our room, then came down to see her again. At this point she sat us down and...I'm not sure what happened after that. Seemed like she was trying to sell us a timeshare? It was just odd.
- The food is mostly very good but some of the menu choices we found a bit peculiar. Spice is one of the best buffets I've experienced, and I'm just not a buffet person. We LOVED the coconut ice cream, but the other dessert choice seemed straight out of Costco or the Mexican equivalent.
- On the first night we were there I asked for a drink at the beachbar, and the gentleman working there told me they were closed. Five star service, I would think, would mean 'we are closing but I will go upstairs and get you what you need.'
But, those are small things, and overall we can heartily recommend this property. I'm looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Novi, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is my first time to Cancun. I read so many reviews for many different resorts, and finally picked Hyatt Zilara. Overall I am happy with the stay.

Pro:
All rooms for this hotel are facing to the ocean. So all rooms should be ocean front. If the room is at lower level, the view may be blocked by the pool and the restaurant. Other than that, I think most rooms have very nice view. Our room has breath taking ocean view. It was very nice just by sitting in the balcony and feel the ocean breeze.

Very good house keeping. Room is very clean.

Shower is nice. Big enough for two people. And it has two shower heads as well. Easy to clean up after coming back from the beach.

The room has a jet tub that fit two people. The hotel provides bathing salt and candles each night. Very nice. Only concerns is your neighbor may able to see you if you do not close the curtain.

Cons:
Not too many choice for the restaurants.

Chef Plate is by reservation only. Even we are staying for 4 nights, but the staff can only arranged the late sessions (which is 9pm) for us, which doesn't work out for us at all. What a pity! So we didn't get a chance to try this restaurant.

With one less restaurant to pick, our most famous one is Marie Marie. Even though it is advertised as a Mexican restaurant. But it is more like a fine dining restaurant. The lamp chop is very good. And we actually came back for on a other night.

The property is not too big. If you only stayed for a few days, it would be okay; but if you planning to stay for a week, it may be a little bored.

Room Tip: get a higher floor room
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Truro, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My Husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Zilara November 2014. This was our second time to this resort - the first time it was called the Royal Cancun. We loved it there so much we became members and have our third trip booked for November 2015. The hotel is great and the beach is perfect. The staff goes above and beyond, especially Julio Liz who was very helpful and courteous and made our stay at the Hyatt so very enjoyable. Julio is a great asset to the Hyatt team. We hope to see Julio again when we return in November!

The food is very good and enjoyed our daily lunch of coconut shrimp :)

Thanks so much Hyatt for exceptional service and a great holiday every time!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
calgary, alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were very very happy upon returning from the Hyatt Zilara in December. This resort is first class all the way. All the rooms have amazing views! The service was outstanding. I'd say the food was average to above average for an AI resort. We absolutely loved this resort!
We only had one day that the water was too rough to swim in, every other day the ocean had perfect swimming conditions. Fantastic beach to walk, and beautiful soft sand bottom when you enter the water. No rocks at all! We are not normally pool people, but their infinity pool overlooking the ocean is so beautiful, with breathtaking views, that we spent a lot of time in it. We loved this resort, however, what people fail to mention, is that this resort usually is 60 to 80% (non english speaking) Japanese and South Koreans. So this makes for a very different type of vacation .... but we did meet some very nice people, as they too were searching out English speaking people!.. From what we saw, I don't think the Japanese and Koreans were tippers. The Mexican employees, whom we spoke with, also validated this observation. We felt sorry for the servers, bartenders and maids, who worked so hard yet reaped no rewards for their hard work.
We spent more time in our room than we normally do as the views from our room were breathtaking. I would not upgrade (which we did) as every room has the same views..... We could not get enough of it!
Would we return? Probably not because of all the non English speaking clientele... We like to socialize more with other guests and could not because of the language barrier. We were told that the Hyatts are Japanese owned... which explains the guest ratios...

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Best Vaction i ever had ... I have been to mexico 4 times and without a dought the very best service and the hotel was amazing in everyway from employees to being very clean and first class .... I would reccomend the Hyatt Zilara to anyone !!! The food was amazing and the bartenders were the best ... thanks to Jamie Martinez the head bartender for all your kindness and help to make our stay one i will never forget !!!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The former Royal which is now the Hyatt is hands down the best place for Adult all Inclusive stay in Cancun, from the moment you are picked up at the airport the service is first class, the hotel is smaller and the service reflects that. Great food fun little nightly shows and a great location make this place ideal. I have been here 5-6 times the last 3 years and have never gone wrong. The best suite to stay in is the swim up. You have a semi private pool along with a patio and a tanning spot right below your suite. I would say of all the places I have traveled this is my Favorite suite

Room Tip: Swim up suite period
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Zilara Cancun? Share your experiences!