“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Zilara Cancun

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Zilara Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulkan Km 11.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

What a fantastic place to relax and enjoy the sun and the gorgeous sea...superb service and the best food combined with an apartment that was grand and plentiful in space and comforts....many different restaurants to choose from and most food cooked in front of you as you wait...lots of extra activities to choose from also and very good evening entertainment...we also had a short stay at the gran caribe next door which is part of the chain and more suited for families and was also very good...would totally recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to enjoy Mexico whilst getting some well deserved r and r..

Room Tip: We upgraded to an ocean view junior suite with jacuzzi...very large room with a fantastic view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

David Ishmael was great host on entertainment side, informed us of every event and volleyball daily. Guadalupe was great server and always kept drinks coming and surprisingly remembered our names too.. look forward to next trip

• Stayed October 2014
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is the third all inclusive we've been to in Mexico (did Dreams and RIU properties before), and this was our favorite so far. The pool and beach area is kept immaculate and has nice selection of cabana beds for shade, as well as a selection of sun beds. There's also a water therapy section over near the spa. The food was very good with a good selection of options (the only one we didn't find much that interested us was the tapas restaurant).

The rooms have a good layout and the bathroom has a great shower. Enjoyed the view of the ocean from the balcony in the morning, and the sound of the waves at night.

Another nice addition to the hotel is the 24hr games room (with pool tables and table tennis) that also has a selection of fruit/snacks/drinks.

They have a very impressive in-house acrobatic performance team for the evening shows. Although, since it's the same group every night you can skip seeing it some nights as they're similar shows.

Room Tip: Higher rooms will have a better view of the ocean. Per night upgrade charges seem reasonable so wor...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have to say that the hotel is absolutely love and the service is wonderful. My rating reflects just my experience with the hotel aside from this one incident. I hate to have my trip be marred by one thing that happened but it was frustrating enough to write a comment on it. Upon arrival I was pressured to take part in a 90 minute sales pitch for their vacation clubs. It was confusing at first as it was told to me almost as if I had to go and not asked if I would like to go. I declined politely but was ultimately pressured to go anyway since they mentioned it was just over breakfast and why not? You gotta eat anyway.

So I assumed (maybe I was wrong to assume) that I would be with a group and served breakfast to listen to a presentation. What was I supposed to interpret "come hungry" to mean? I thought it was a special breakfast. Wrong. Turns out breakfast meant the same buffet style restaurant that I could have gone to by myself everyday but I get to have an awkward one on one breakfast with a salesperson instead. Didn't eat much I'll tell you that. No one mentioned I would be taken offsite either and I wasn't wearing the most comfortable of shoes. A driver took us to the hotel next door where their actual sales office was and it was just a loooooooooong and slooooooooooow presentation about something that seems sketchy (after looking at comments online after getting out of there). It felt like something out of the 80s....the sales person was doing rudimentary math on a small pocket calculator..."let me show you time value of money...blah blah blah". Every part of me was screaming inside "just cut to the frickin' chase already". So when it came down to it, it was something ridiculous like $59,000 to buy into this club and they encourage people to finance it if they can't. Not sure what type of person out there drops money like that after a "90 minute" presentation but I said I was not interested that it wasn't really a decision to make on the spot like that. They won't let you out of there on the premise of "I need to think about it". Of course this is to prey on suckers who do make impulse purchases and haven't had a chance to research. After I said no, they passed me onto at least 3 other sales persons who all tried to convince me to buy into it when at that point, I was so pissed off at each successive person that I was ready to strangle all of them.

so 150 MINUTES after it started, they finally let me out of there. It was the most uncomfortable moment of my life and I had to WALK back to my hotel when they drove me over in the first place. The experience left me storming back into my hotel room screaming I wanted the 2+ hours of my life back. I almost took my frustration out on the staff which in the heat of the moment, I blamed for what I had to go through.

So, lesson learned....don't EVER say yes to that 90 (really 150) minute presentation that is NOT over breakfast. Honestly, for being a luxury all inclusive, I think this association with such shady sales persons is a bad mark on the reputation of the hotel. I don't understand how this makes sense.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Hyatt Zilara in September 2014 for 11 nights with three friends and had a lovely,relaxing break. The hotel was lovely, plently of choice for dining and drinking and a wide range of food and drink to suit every taste. The staff couldn't do enough for you, from the house-maids who worked tirelessly to keep the rooms spotlessly clean to the bar staff who worked between the different bars and served drinks by the pool and on the beach (special mention to Miriam who's energy and fun seemed boundless!). The "sunglasses" man was also full of fun and very welcome indeed as he came round the pool cleaning your sunglasses which although sounds OTT was great when they were slipping off your face with the heat!!!
The rooms were superb, my friends and I stayed in suites 215 and 211 on the second floor which were overlooking pelicanos resteraunt with a fabulous view of the sea. The facilities in the rooms were plentiful, huge comfy beds, bar and snacks stocked daily, flat screen TV, huge shower room with rain shower and Ipod docking station to name a few.
Now for a few "picky" comments which were minor and did not detract at all from the enjoyment of the holiday. For the tea jennys out there I would say that the hotel could do with a few more teapots which seemed to be very scarce!! This did not affect me as I am a coffee drinker but a tip is to visit the wonderful coffee house which opens at 6am if you like a boiling hot cup of tea (or latte) before breakfast!
I found that the reception area also got very hot in the heat of the day and would benefit from air-conditioning. If you had to be there for any length of time in the summer months I would imagine it would become very uncomfortable.
All in all a brilliant time was had by us all and I hope to be back some day with my partner as this hotel would be a wonderful romantic venue for couples :)

Room Tip: rooms by the lifts tend to be noisier.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Edmonton AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and stayed at the Zilara Sept 19- 26 and had a great time. This is our first visit to the property as a Hyatt Hotel. Its trip advisor rating is well deserved.

The hotel remains one of the most beautiful along the Cancun hotel zone with excellent beach front views from almost every room. The pool runs the entire length of the property and is nicely warmed. The beach is pure white powdery sand, and this time of year we seen the Sea Turtles coming in to lay eggs. The hotel participates in the Sea Turtle protection programs and we were able to help with the evening launch of newly hatched turtles.

Arriving at 4 pm, our check in was very smooth. Our room #601, was a Premium Ocean front corner suite, which gave us great southern and eastern views. The wrap around balcony allowed us a good view of the Cancun lagoon as well. The room was quite large and included the standard in room double Jacuzzi tub and an extra large double ended shower with a steam shower. The AC, TV and wifi all worked perfectly. When we first arrived in the room we were greeted by a bottle of red wine, a welcome letter and many rose pedals on the bed. We had excellent maid and turn down service. On many occasions we left out electronics, cellphones etc without incident.

Over the course of the week, we only ate at the hotel. We had absolutely no stomach issues or sickness. We were fortunate to have a dinner at Chefs table with Chef Alberto (a special experience down in the main kitchen) and seen first hand how spotless the kitchens were kept.

Other than Chefs Table, our favorite place to eat was Maria Marie. The food was excellent, exceeded only by the service of our waiter Franccesco. Other nights we ate at Asiana's (Hibachi show cooking - very cool) and Tapas. Each night we ate a combo of fresh and cooked food. The shrimp dishes in particular were awesome.

Each morning we enjoyed breakfast at Spice. While setup as a buffet, the service is again outstanding. The waiters try to remember your names and preferences. Two waiters, Chuy and Hector Zepeda in particular stood out. Most days we lunched at Pelicanos and several times had great service from Alfredo.

Around the pool we mostly lounged near the swimup bar side. At the swim-up bar, Nava was the star! The guy was tireless and knew the mix for every concoction that was requested. If he didnt have the right stuff, he'd get it. Being low season I don't think they were fully staffed, so there seemed to be fewer pool side servers (really, our only negative). That said the servers like Guadalupe and Melisa, and the beach butlers Moises and Ivan, provided excellent service, whether around the pool, on the beach or the lobby bar.
The nightly dance show followed by the live band were very entertaining and of high quality. Things do shut down around 11:30 PM which was fine for us. However, the entertainment team had organized trips to the big disco's for those who wanted a late, late night. There's also the 24hr bar and games room with pool tables, ping pong and board games etc.

We are very thankful for the great time we had and the new friends we made, either employees or fellow guests (from Arkansas, Texas, UK etc) and we will most certainly return.

Room Tip: Corner rooms with the wrap around balcony and a sun rise view are the first rooms on the floor - eg...
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

That was our third time in this hôtel and we loved it from the first time. We have been recieved at the first time by ASTRIDE and ALBERT from the guest service and they let us feel like we are special and they took care of us all our journey in the hotel and that was our first reason why we decide to come back 2 more times and signed like platinuim members THANK YOU. We will see you soon.
The service was great special mention to Choy, Ligia,Eloise,Pepe,Diaz,Eliseo,Captain Luis,Guadloupe,Wendy,Fidencio. Dont stop you are doing a great job. The only small issue was with the captain martin at the bar lobby he s not a smily face.
The food was exenlente specialy in spice and albatros we like it less in asiana and tapas. We had the diner under the stars the lobster was perfect wow.
We recomend Hyatt Zilara even that we like to keep it secret and only for us.
Just a small suggestion if you can do a private area at the pool and at the beach for the members because somedays we have a hard time to find a chair, thank you.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a great ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Zilara Cancun? Share your experiences!