“3rd stay at this location 1st as Hyatt” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Zilara Cancun

You added Hyatt Zilara Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulkan Km 11.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New All Inclusive Hotels
Ranked #3 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
leo, indiana
“3rd stay at this location 1st as Hyatt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was our third stay at this location, but the first as a Hyatt property and I will say that it is not quit the place that it was, but they are working very hard to get back to that, under the new management. We had been watching the reviews from when the property sold and had been a little worried that the place that we have narrowed down to what we believe is our best value was not going to be up to the standards that we had quickly become accustom to in the previous two stays. We booked the Hyatt and celebrated our 32nd wedding Anniversary with them and were not disappointed. Some of the staff that we had gotten to know still remain and had remembered us, and the other members are genuinely wanting to make you feel like this place is a home away from home. They are still interested in selling you a Time Share but do not burden you with it. The staff seems to be a little stand offish, but not in a bad way, we had no problem interfacing with them nor did it seem like we were bothering them. We would like to personally thank Migel,Hector and Louis from Spice, Guadaloupe, Solomon, and David you guys really made our stay, our Anniversary very special. Thank You for you kindness and friendship and we hope to see you again soon. In short this is a Great Place To Stay.

Steven and Kelly C.

Room Tip: There is NO bad room here. You are looking right at the Ocean.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Steven and Kelly C,

It was a pleasure to welcome you once again at Hyatt Zilara Cancun and we appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience with us.

We are very happy to know that we were able to meet your high expectations and that you had a very special anniversary celebration with us.

We very much appreciate you recognizing our valued associates, such as Miguel, Hector, Louis, Guadalupe, Solomon and David for their personalized service and would like to assure you we will share your kind words with them.
I am certain they will be very proud to know they were able to assist in making this stay truly memorable.

Thank you again for your feedback and we cannot wait to host you again in the near future for your 4th visit.

Kind regards,

Alfonso Jarquin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed 4 nights at the Hyatt Zilara and we had an amazing time! The resort is beautiful and everything was very clean and well maintained. The staff was extremely friendly and everyone was all smiles.

Our room was on the second floor. It was much larger than I'd expected and had a great view! The pool area filled up quickly during the day and unless you reserved a cabana/bed/chair early on you were out of luck. We preferred sitting on the beach during the day, where there were always plenty of beds/chairs. Drink service on the beach was always prompt and friendly. We would usually give a good tip in the beginning of the day and the staff was more then happy to keep returning to us for more drink orders. We ate at most of the restaurants (Spice, Pelicanos, Asiana, Maria Marie and Tapas) and all were delicious. The Hibachi portion of Asiana was the only one that required reservations and we had no problem being seated at the others.

Our favorite discovery were the hydrotherapy pools in the back of the resort near the spa. They were in a quiet area and usually always empty-a perfect end to a sunny day on the beach.

I can't say enough positive things about this beautiful resort and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Cancun!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear HeathLynn,

First of all thank you very much for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your recent vacation and for recommending us with your kind review with us.

We are truly happy to know that you very much enjoyed the beautiful and well-maintained facilities, comfortable accommodations with amazing views, delicious dining and personalized service.

Thank you again for your feedback and we cannot wait to have the privilege of hosting you again in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had the opportunity to spend a week here with my husband last week, and the experience was out of this world. From the moment you got off the car (where they receive you with wet warm towels to clean your hands and a drink) all the way through our departure. The girl at front desk, Jennifer, was very attentive and nice, she asked us if we were celebrating something special, and I said "yeah! a well deserve honeymoon after 2 years of been marriage." When we got to our room, beside the fact that we were speechless because of the view and the room itself, the bed was all cover with rose petals, a Jacuzzi and wine and champagne AND a small wedding cake with chocolate written on plate :Happy Honeymoon!! It was just what we were looking for. Is an ADULT ONLY hotel, which it makes it very relaxing and peaceful. (I love children, don't get me wrong, but if what you looking for is relax and peace, this is the place. Every employee here treat you with respect, you feel like a queen and king. We had the couple massage done, and Josefina and Luz there treat us excellent, and the massage very very relaxing. So for all inclusive hotel, I think this is one of the best, and the best I have been so far. I recommended !00%. All the restaurant are very nice, don't miss the Tepamyaki!! :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Lydette2014,

It was a great pleasure to welcome you to Hyatt Zilara Cancun for this belated honeymoon celebration and we are excited to know that you had a wonderful and truly memorable experience.

We are very pleased to read that you very much enjoyed the plentiful all-inclusive options, as well as the relaxing spa treatment and excellent service provided by our valued associates, such as Jessica, Josefina and Luz.

Please be assured that we will share your motivating words with every single one of our associates and I am certain they will be very proud to have affected your stay so positively.

We very much appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family and cannot wait to welcome you back again during your next trip to Cancun.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I spent 4 days/3nights at Hyatt Zilara. All in all this is a pretty solid hotel, with minor hiccups. Random fun fact of this hotel is all the rooms face the ocean! I LOVED IT...because I'm a beach lover and spent 90% of my time here on the beach. The beach was clean with plenty of free beach chairs. I was also able to get a beach cabana everyday I was there. Some beach cabanas are reserved, and will have a "reserved" sign on them. I like that, it made it easier to distinguish if you are allowed to use them. The water temperature was like bath water, and sandy bottom.

I read a lot of complaints on the crowded pool. I can not confirm nor deny this, but I will say that every time I walked around the pool to get the beach most of the pool cabanas and pool chairs were already reserved at 8:30 am. When we came up for lunch, there was always people surrounded at the swim up pool bar.

The food was OK for an all inclusive. I ate at the Mexican night buffet, Maria Marie, & Pelicano's. I had decent meals, and also grabbed coffee & snacks at the Coffee Lounge. Quite honestly, the Coffee Lounge was pretty nice! They had wraps, sandwiches, ice cream, pastries, etc. The Bar Lounge was also completed while we were there and was a nice addition too. They had 2 huge tv's, pool, darts, and a ping pong table. I also can't forget about the taco stand they had one day for lunch too...my only complaint is the drinks on the beach were wayyyyy too sugary for me. However, the drinks at the main bar was spot on! :)

The rooms were amazing, as stated above all rooms face the sea, and are equipped with jacuzzi's and a hammock not the balcony. When you check in, you they will ask you what kind of pillow and scent you prefer. I thought that was a nice added touch.

I'd also like to applaud the staff especially the waitstaff at ALL the restaurants for all their hard work! They were ALL courteous, polite and attentive. They are ALL hard workers and it showed! I didn't mind tipping any of them! :) Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Make sure you tip! The workers deserve it! :)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Alfonso J, Director General at Hyatt Zilara Cancun, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear marya009,

Thank you very much for choosing Hyatt Zilara Cancun for your long weekend getaway and for sharing your detailed comments with us.

While we are sorry to read that you found the drinks on the beach to be too sweet, we are excited to know that you very much enjoyed the drinks prepared at all other bars, as well as the varied dining options, great beach with comfortable beach cabanas, luxurious suites with amazing ocean view and personalized housekeeping preferences.

We truly appreciate you taking your time to commend our valued associates for their dedication and personalized service and we would like to assure you that we will share your personal note with every single one of them.
I am certain they will feel truly motivated to continue with the great work they are doing.

Thank you once again for your preference and we hope we will have the privilege of hosting you again in the near future.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a few days last week here and loved it!! The staff is so accommodating and polite! I can't say enough good things about them. Every room has an amazing view of the ocean and pool. The food is good...especially for an all inclusive. Pelicanos is great for lunch. We had room service for breakfast and it was always fast and delicious. The staff at the pool always works hard to make sure drinks are served quickly! The nighttime entertainment is good and the band by the bar is always a fun time! The only complaint we had was one night the restaurants closed for a "Mexican themed party and buffet." We ended up just ordering room service that night, which was good but we would have preferred to go to one of the restaurants. Overall, this is a great place if you want a beautiful all inclusive vacation with a friendly staff! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear lalab123,

It was an honor to host you at Hyatt Zilara Cancun during your recent visit and we are very happy to read that you had a truly wonderful vacation.

We are excited to know that you were very pleased with the beautiful suites with gorgeous ocean view, delicious dining, especially at Pelicanos for lunch, fun entertainment as well as excellent service provided by our associates.

We are sorry that you felt disappointed with some restaurants closing on the theme night; be assured that we have communicated your comments to the corresponding department and they will most certainly be taken into consideration.

Thank you very much for sharing your overall great experience and we are very much looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Spectacular, amazing, divine, wow, extraordinary and superb are just a few words I can think of that describe our 7 night stay at the Zilara. The hospitality, the view and the food were definitely 5 diamond quality. We just got back home and my husband and I are already planning on returning to this hotel. Alberto at the Pelicanos restaurant was our favorite waiter, we asked for him every time we ate there. His service was outstanding!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Lolita305,

First of all thank you very much for sharing this truly positive and motivating review with us and all other TA reviewers.

It was a true pleasure to have you as our guests and we are excited to know you truly enjoyed the authentic hospitality, amazing view and delicious dining.

Thank you very much for recognizing Alberto by name for his personalized service and we assured we will share your kind words with him. I am certain he will be proud to have influenced your experience in such a positive way.

We are very happy to know you are already planning your return trip and cannot wait to host you for another fabulous vacation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Hyatt Zilara definitely did not disappoint my husband and I. It was our first time visiting Cancun, and we will definitely visit again. A couple of things about the Hyatt is that it's 16 and up, and also all inclusive. Of course you have some families that bring their teenage children but I must say everyone acted responsible.

The resort has an awesome pool with a lot of lounge chairs and also cabanas. People do claim cabana's very early in the AM but this did not bother us because we usually went to the beach and then went to pool later. Back to the beach, it was the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. Water is warm and crystal clear! It's also nice because the resort had a life guard at all times.

There are 6 restaurants at the resort. Our favorites were Maria Marie for a more authentic Mexican cuisine, Tapas, Pelicanos, and Spice. Asiana was a good experience but the sushi was not what we expected, but still worth a visit. Unfortunately we were not able to get reservations at the Chef's plate so I can not comment on that restaurant. The bar staff was efficient and always willing to make any kind of drink you could think of. Some of the great staff members were Juan, Roberto, Pepe, Eloisa, and Chuey!!!

The resort has nightly entertainment in the lobby which was always entertaining and on some nights they have a live band. They have a nice gift shop where I bought souvenirs at reasonable prices and also I got a new swimsuit! The 24 hour lounge was nice where they had pool tables, ping pong table, jenga, and food/beverages. My husband and I also got a couples massage which was 2 hours. It started in our room with foot massage, then hot bath with neck/shoulder massage and then 50 min massage outside near the pool area at night time. It was very relaxing and Veronica was awesome!!

Needless to say we had a great time and would highly recommend this awesome resort!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amanda C,

First of all thank you very much for taking your time to write this detailed and truly positive review about your recent vacation experience.

It was a great pleasure to have you and you husbands as our guests and we are very happy to know that you very much enjoyed the delicious food & beverage offerings, professional and relaxing spa treatment, beautiful pool and beach area, fun entertainment and great service.

Thank you very much for recognizing our valued associates, such as Juan, Roberto, Pepe, Eloisa, Chuy and Veronica for their dedication and be assured we will share you kind words with every single one of them.

We truly appreciate you recommending us to your friends and family and cannot wait to welcome you again in the near future.

Alfonso Jarquin

Been to Hyatt Zilara Cancun? Share your experiences!