“"Outstanding Cancun Memories"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Zilara Cancun

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Zilara Cancun to your Saves list
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Kukulkan Km 11.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly The Royal)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #23 of 175 hotels in Cancun
New York City, New York
“"Outstanding Cancun Memories"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned with wife from 5 days in paradise. Top to bottom hotel, rooms, facilities and staff were outstanding. Our housekeeper assigned was Ines Cruz. She made sure we were taken care of and our room was spotless. Every person on hotel staff had a smile on their face and greeted us
with the hand on their heart gesture. Spice Restaurant Staff Hector and Miguel gave us five star service at every meal we attended. Eddie at Pelicano's Restaurant made our first night meal
very special. We also ate at Asiana and Maria Marie's restaurant. Food was great.
Entertainment and activities again 5 star. Imagine a mini Cirque du Soleil type show almost every night, disco dance floor on the beach and live music entertainment. Too many more things to mention. Wife and I have been on many vacations but I cannot stress enough to everybody that a lot of other hotels and resorts cover their faults with perfumes and junk.
Hotel Zilara delivers what they advertise and everyone there genuinely loves their job as it shows by the way you are treated. This equates to us the hotel cares about them too. If you want a carefree, relaxing, complete vacation, this should be your choice. Thank You Hyatt Zilara for our Outstanding Cancun Memories. We will Return !!!!!

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my wife and I first trip to Cancun. After spending 11 days ay Hyatt Zilara, we wish we could have stayed longer!! We definitely chose an excellent hotel. The staff at this hotel really go above and beyond to satisfy the customers. Check in was easy and smooth. During check in, you choose the times you want your room to be serviced. You can even choose your own type of pillow. Just beware, soon after checking in, you will be approached by a staff member to offer you "time sharing" opportunity. My wife and I opted out on the opportunity (it didn't benefit us).

Our room was on the 5th floor and it was a decent size. Our room included, ocean view, jacuzzi, two sinks, walk in shower, fully stocked bar (refilled daily), balcony, comfortable king bed, ceiling fan, AC, safe, as well as any toiletries you might have forgotten to take with you on your trip. You can get rooms with your own private pool, for an extra cost of course. Your room will be serviced twice a day if you choose to. I must point out, our room was serviced well everyday.

Pool was clean and a decent size. PROS: Pool side servers were attentive and do their rounds consistently. CONS: Small swim up bar, hard to find a spot most of the time as people "reserved" their spots before the break of dawn.

Beach is very clean. There water was a bit rough during our visit but very clear and turquoise. The sand was soft and fine. Servers brings you any of your favorite drinks as you sun bathe. Special thanks to FRANKIE & CELIA for taking care of us on the beach as well as pool side. PROS: clean beach, rock free water, clear water, and servers were on top of their game. CONS: waves can be strong some days. a couple of vendors trying to sell you the usual trinkets.

Restaurants this resort have are:
Spice (buffet)
Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. My wife and I mostly went here for breakfast. Food was great but can get repetitive. PROS: Servers were excellent and very attentive. HECTOR stuck out for us. He was always helpful to all of our needs. CONS: sausages at breakfast were usually cold. French fries at lunch were cold and soggy.

Pelicanos (a la carte, open air)
Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. My wife and I ate mostly lunch here. Food was very good here. I highly recommend lunch and dinner here!! Shrimp ceviche and the prime rib was our favorite here. The whole staff here were splendid. But if you get OMAR as a waiter, he is a joker (and I mean that in a good way). PROS: Servers excellent as well as the food. CONS: It can be windy at times as you are enjoying your meal. Surf & turf comes at an extra cost.

Maria Marie (Mexican cuisine)
Serves dinner only. Reservations might be required depending if the hotel is busy. My wife and I ate here a couple of nights and the food was delicious. We had the salmon and mahi mahi and it was made to perfection. PROS: The waiter (don't remember his name but he was the only one with glasses) was every attentive. CONS: None that I can think of.

Tapas & Pintxos (Gourmet Spanish tapas)
Serves dinner only. If you want a light dinner, this is the place to be. Cold dishes are ready and available upon seating which includes cold cuts, and a variety of cheeses. Hot dishes were made to order. They offer small plates of shrimps to chorizos. RECOMMENDATION: have your waiter make their special Mexican coffee (its a creative show). PROS: Mexican coffee was delicious and the show was just as good. CONS: chairs were uncomfortable.

Asiana Sunset (Hibachi restaurant)
Serves lunch and dinner. My wife and I missed out on attending this restaurant. From what we heard, the food was great.

Chef's Plate
Serves Dinner only. My wife and I missed out on this restaurant as well.

Coffee House
Serves coffee, espresso, pastries, ice cream, and light snacks. BENJAMIN was very helpful to fulfill your sweet tooth. My wife literally had to drag me out of the coffee shop. PROS: good selection of pastries and coffee combinations. The coffee shop is always a cool air conditioned place to get away from the heat. CONS: none that I can think of.

Ok, enough of food. Lets get to the BAR.
The lobby bar
Special shout outs to: FELIPE, BAAK, and the rest of the crew.
PROS: They are fast servers and they make sure they keep your glasses full.
CONS: closes at midnight

Evening show
PROS: entertaining
CONS: performance needs tightening up

The SPA (extra cost for these amenities).
My wife and I treated ourselves to a deep tissue massage the second day into our vacation. We were treated so well, we made another appointment to get another massage towards the end of our vacation. We had ALMA and AIDA for our first massage. They were so good, we requested them for our second massage. Thank you ALMA and AIDA for relaxing our bodies and putting the icing on our vacation.

Hyatt Zilara really spoiled my wife and I. Special thanks to the whole staff who made our vacation enjoyable and relaxing. We are definitely planning another trip to this location.

Collinsville, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The only thing wrong was I didn't have more time to spend there! Enjoyed the Spa with treatments from Perla, Lucero, & Mariel. The morning stretching & palates classes with Martha were amazing. Wine tasting with sommelier, Alonso Larzaro Arias, lead us to an amazing dinning experience at Maria Marie's restaurant. Where the food was amazing. The staff was superb & Alonso's great wine knowledge took us on a tour of wines of Mexico for two exceptional evenings. Can't wait to go back very soon. We felt very safe & well taken care of. Evening entertainment was wonderful. Enjoyed water aerobics with Rondo, Chef's presentations & much more all right there on property. It all started with the quick check in by our concierge, Josue Terron & our personal assistant Freddy. What an amazing place to relax, be entertained and well take care of!

Room Tip: They are all ocean front.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Myself and 3 other ladies just returned from a week-long vacation at Hyatt Zilara, Cancun, and we absolutely loved it! The hotel itself was grand and elegant and the service was impeccable! From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty and everyone always greeted us with a hand over their hearts, demonstrating ‘service with love’. We sure felt loved every second of the day! Thanks Albert (Marketing Supervisor) and Solomon for all of your warm greetings every day! Jerry at the front desk made our check-in extremely easy and got us the rooms we requested without any hassle!!! The rooms were spacious and spotless, not to mention cleaned twice a day! We loved the in-room Jacuzzi and large rain shower and all of the snacks and drinks constantly replenished in our room were convenient. All of the complimentary toiletries in our room added that extra touch!

The food on the resort was excellent, especially Pelicanos, Maria Marie, and Chef’s Plate. Pelicanos had delicious burgers at lunch and amazing seafood options at dinner! Thanks Omar, Victor, and Capitan Edgar for your impeccable service at Pelicanos! We didn’t particularly like the top-level of the Asiana restaurant, however we enjoyed the bottom Tepanyaki part. The chefs and waiters there were amazing! At breakfast and lunch, Spice (buffet restaurant), was our favourite! Thanks to all the amazing waiters and cooks there who were so attentive to our needs. A special shout out to Gisele, our favourite waiter, and Capitan Alfredo! For breakfast at Spice, we enjoyed eating our custom-made omelets (thanks Wendy!) and an abundance of fresh tropical fruits. At lunch, there were so many salads and healthy options to choose from, which was perfect on a hot day! The only thing is that we would have liked to see more fruits at the lunch buffet. We always did find fruit at the 24-hour lounge, which we loved for snacks, drinks, and guacamole all day long! I also have to mention the Coffee House, which had amazing espresso and teas! Thanks Diaz for even customizing an iced espresso drink for me! The Coffee House also had some great wraps, small sandwiches, fruit cups, ice cream, and cakes all day long! Overall, at every hour of the day, a wide selection of food was available for every craving! Oh, and we even had the chance to make our own guacamole one day which was really fun! Alcohol was also abundant and the bar tenders were awesome! Thanks to Baak and everyone else at the Lobby Bar for always serving us with a smile and thanks to Pepe who served us our drinks on the beach!

Now to the outdoors – the pool was amazing, especially the infinity edge looking out to the ocean! The pool chairs were very comfortable and we loved the swim up bar also. Aerobics in the pool was awesome – Thanks Miguel and Robo for making exercise fun! Best part of all – the pool and beachside service! We will never forget the beach butlers, Jose Luis and Ivan, who treated us like royalty from cleaning our sunglasses to getting us cold face towels, to saving our lounge chairs! Juan, the pool boy, was also amazing at saving us our favourite chairs overlooking the pool and ocean! Gracias!

And last but DEFINITELY not least - The entertainment staff, Miguel, Robo, and Evian, made our trip very memorable! They were always smiling and energetic, joking around with us and entertaining us! Thank goodness because we 4 single ladies needed it with all of the couples around! ;) Miguel and Evian also took us to all the top clubs in the evenings and we always felt safe leaving the resort with them.

Overall, we will always have fond memories of Cancun because of the amazing staff at Hyatt Zilara! It’s so hard to mention each person’s name but EVERYONE deserves to be applauded! When booking this trip, we wanted to feel pampered and stay at a hotel that would be luxurious – Hotel Zilara definitely gave us that! The majority of guests were couples, which we figured would happen at a luxury 5-star resort, however we did find some other single guests to mingle with and the entertainment staff, as mentioned earlier, were always keeping us entertained! Thanks for the amazing memories! We look forward to returning again one day soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ludlow, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was at the Hyatt Zilara in Cancun the first week of April. I had been there 2 years prior when it was the Royal.
This is a very nice property, the most impressive I saw from walking up and down the beach. The service was good, the people that work there are very nice, the food is good not great. I liked eating at Pelicanos but the only this I didn't like about Pelicanos was the the menu is alway's the same. It would be good If they switched it up a bit. The two other reastarants were good as well.
The biggest problem I had was that the house wine, it's terrible, very hard to drink. I mean there are inexpensive wines out there that are pallitable but the wine they serve is not. They always hope to sell you a bottle and the cheapest is $40 bucks.
The pools ocean views are amazing. All rooms are ocean front which is a big plus. There is nothing like having an ocean front view. The others thing I didn't like is after spending a day at the pool or at the beach there is not much to do there is only one bar inside to hang out at there is a stage next to the bar sometime they have a band playing but not for long, a comedy show would be nice to mix it up.
I think when it was the Royal it was a little better as far as food and the quality of luiqor isn't as good. I would reccomend the Hyatt to anyone because of the ocean front rooms, the ocean itself, the pools and the staff.

I will probably not be returning there are a few other resorts I would like to try to see if there is anything better.

Dover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Trying Zumba for the first time was so amazing- Dana was energetic, fun, and so nice! What a great way to start a day- dancing on the beach with the ocean and sun as a background. She also did a coffee tasting and a tequila tasting as part of the activities with our all inclusive package, and was so knowledgeable and sweet. Thanks Dana for helping to make our trip to Cancun so much fun!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just returned from a week at the Hyatt Zilara Cancun, our first experience with an all-inclusive. It was everything we could have hoped for. Beautiful hotel on the beach, all room with ocean view, even a hammock on the balcony. The staff is terrific, seeking to make your stay very, very enjoyable. They are friendly and helpful. We especially enjoyed the service of Moises around the pool, Victor at Pelicanos and Olga who kept our room so welcoming. The staff works hard to keep the property in great shape. Thank you to all who made our vacation so great, we are already talking of a return trip.

Room Tip: Pretty sure every room has an balcony and an ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Zilara Cancun? Share your experiences!