This was my wife and I first trip to Cancun. After spending 11 days ay Hyatt Zilara, we wish we could have stayed longer!! We definitely chose an excellent hotel. The staff at this hotel really go above and beyond to satisfy the customers. Check in was easy and smooth. During check in, you choose the times you want your room to be serviced. You can even choose your own type of pillow. Just beware, soon after checking in, you will be approached by a staff member to offer you "time sharing" opportunity. My wife and I opted out on the opportunity (it didn't benefit us).
Our room was on the 5th floor and it was a decent size. Our room included, ocean view, jacuzzi, two sinks, walk in shower, fully stocked bar (refilled daily), balcony, comfortable king bed, ceiling fan, AC, safe, as well as any toiletries you might have forgotten to take with you on your trip. You can get rooms with your own private pool, for an extra cost of course. Your room will be serviced twice a day if you choose to. I must point out, our room was serviced well everyday.
Pool was clean and a decent size. PROS: Pool side servers were attentive and do their rounds consistently. CONS: Small swim up bar, hard to find a spot most of the time as people "reserved" their spots before the break of dawn.
Beach is very clean. There water was a bit rough during our visit but very clear and turquoise. The sand was soft and fine. Servers brings you any of your favorite drinks as you sun bathe. Special thanks to FRANKIE & CELIA for taking care of us on the beach as well as pool side. PROS: clean beach, rock free water, clear water, and servers were on top of their game. CONS: waves can be strong some days. a couple of vendors trying to sell you the usual trinkets.
Restaurants this resort have are:
Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. My wife and I mostly went here for breakfast. Food was great but can get repetitive. PROS: Servers were excellent and very attentive. HECTOR stuck out for us. He was always helpful to all of our needs. CONS: sausages at breakfast were usually cold. French fries at lunch were cold and soggy.
Pelicanos (a la carte, open air)
Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. My wife and I ate mostly lunch here. Food was very good here. I highly recommend lunch and dinner here!! Shrimp ceviche and the prime rib was our favorite here. The whole staff here were splendid. But if you get OMAR as a waiter, he is a joker (and I mean that in a good way). PROS: Servers excellent as well as the food. CONS: It can be windy at times as you are enjoying your meal. Surf & turf comes at an extra cost.
Maria Marie (Mexican cuisine)
Serves dinner only. Reservations might be required depending if the hotel is busy. My wife and I ate here a couple of nights and the food was delicious. We had the salmon and mahi mahi and it was made to perfection. PROS: The waiter (don't remember his name but he was the only one with glasses) was every attentive. CONS: None that I can think of.
Tapas & Pintxos (Gourmet Spanish tapas)
Serves dinner only. If you want a light dinner, this is the place to be. Cold dishes are ready and available upon seating which includes cold cuts, and a variety of cheeses. Hot dishes were made to order. They offer small plates of shrimps to chorizos. RECOMMENDATION: have your waiter make their special Mexican coffee (its a creative show). PROS: Mexican coffee was delicious and the show was just as good. CONS: chairs were uncomfortable.
Asiana Sunset (Hibachi restaurant)
Serves lunch and dinner. My wife and I missed out on attending this restaurant. From what we heard, the food was great.
Serves Dinner only. My wife and I missed out on this restaurant as well.
Serves coffee, espresso, pastries, ice cream, and light snacks. BENJAMIN was very helpful to fulfill your sweet tooth. My wife literally had to drag me out of the coffee shop. PROS: good selection of pastries and coffee combinations. The coffee shop is always a cool air conditioned place to get away from the heat. CONS: none that I can think of.
Ok, enough of food. Lets get to the BAR.
The lobby bar
Special shout outs to: FELIPE, BAAK, and the rest of the crew.
PROS: They are fast servers and they make sure they keep your glasses full.
CONS: closes at midnight
CONS: performance needs tightening up
The SPA (extra cost for these amenities).
My wife and I treated ourselves to a deep tissue massage the second day into our vacation. We were treated so well, we made another appointment to get another massage towards the end of our vacation. We had ALMA and AIDA for our first massage. They were so good, we requested them for our second massage. Thank you ALMA and AIDA for relaxing our bodies and putting the icing on our vacation.
Hyatt Zilara really spoiled my wife and I. Special thanks to the whole staff who made our vacation enjoyable and relaxing. We are definitely planning another trip to this location.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal In Cancun Hotel Cancun
- The Royal In Cancun Hotel
- Royal Cancun
- The Royal Hotel Cancun
- Royal Hotel Cancun
- Royal Cancun Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hyatt Zilara Cancun, an adults-only, all-inclusive resort (min. age 16), formerly THE Royal Cancun. Prominently located on the widest stretch of beach in the heart of Cancun’s Hotel Zone, Hyatt Zilara Cancun is an adults-only, all-suite, all inclusive resort where guests experience traditional Mexican warmth in an intimate yet casual setting.Our resort features spacious suites with breathtaking views of the Caribbean and offers world-class dining, an impressive array of upscale amenities, outstanding service from an attentive and thoughtful staff, and spectacular grounds and facilities.Hyatt Zilara Cancun offers a myriad of activities and conveniences including, sophisticated culinary options at six gourmet restaurants, rejuvenating treatments and services at The Spa– Cancun’s only ocean view spa – wine and spirits tastings, enhanced pool and beach butler service and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Hyatt Zilara Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.