“a bit of a disappointment due to weather” 3 of 5 stars

$65*
and up
Captain Hook Dinner Cruise in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy The best Lobster Dinner Cruise & Pirate Show in Cancun. On board our three 18th Century Spanish Galleon replicas, while sailing the beautiful mexican caribbean waters & enjoying a delicious buffet dinner, entertained by our pirates who will surprise you with tales of their past escapades.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“a bit of a disappointment due to weather”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

every body was raving about this trip we was told that its a great attraction, so 20 of us booked it. on the evening we booked this trip for the weather was very bad, we thought that they would cancel but they didn't, I think because it was raining we only got half a show. we arrived in the pouring rain, the entertainers greeted us with umbrellas to walk to the ship. the ship its self was very authentic, the ship was half covered as best it could be, but we all got very wet.. the show we were meant to get, didn't happen as the other ship did not turn up, probably due to the weather.. but the entertainers really did try really hard to keep us all happy. the show they did put on was good, but it may have been better if the weather was not so bad..
your meal and drinks are all included in the price, I must say the food on board was awful.....
the children were wet and miserable. after our meal the rain did go off thankfully. and the covers over the ship were removed so we where able to move around the ship, go to the upper deck and get some air.
on our way back to dock the ship turned into a massive rave, which was actually the best part of the trip, the children were flats to wave, lots of noise and excitement, music and dancing, which livened us all up but then it was time to get off..
I think this trip would have been very good if the weather was dry, I believe it should have been cancelled due to the weather. then we could have maybe experienced it in the way we should have. I think for us it was just rotten luck that a monsoon decided to happen on the day we were taking this trip. so be warned don't go on this trip if its raining, you will only get half a show.
I must say all the entertainers were very good at getting people to be involved in the show. the Mexican people are wonderful people, always smiling.

Visited November 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“AAARRGH!!! A fun time on the high seas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Much more entertainment than we expected. Pirates put on a great show. Luckily, we had a beautiful, warm night so we sat on an uppper deck. Food was good, drinks were generous. Wait staff was welcoming and accommodating. Had a great time. Would highly recommend it. Good fun for any age.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Left very disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

From reading all of the high reviews and what to expect we were left very disappointed.

The two ships that were supposed to come together and "battle" did not, instead we witnessed a mediocre fight between the captain and a pirate instead.

The food was edible but nothing special or even much variety and the drinks were heavily watered down. Would not do this again and not what we were led to expect at all.

Visited October 2013
Azilda Ontario
14 attraction reviews
“I enjoyed the food, atmosphere and entertainment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We decided to book this excursion online for 6 of us. We opted to pay the extra $10 transfer they offered to pick us up and bring us back. The ride was approximately 30-40 minutes from the hotel zone depending on where you are in the zone.

You must pay an extra $10 per person for port charges. This will be charged when you arrive.

When you arrive on the dock about ready to board, the actors welcome you pirate style.
You aboard and are brought to sit on the boat after taking a quick photo. Your server will take your drink order. While the ship has a treasure box to accept tips for ALL workers on board and they pass this box around; I made sure to tip my server so that no other workers were aware he was receiving a tip. He made sure I was never without a drink in my hand. I simply fold the bill up into a small square and each time I would shake his hand releasing the tip into his palm with the hand shake. Yes I still gave a few tips to the treasure box too :)

The lobster was absolutely amazing. The steak and chicken were tasty along with the rest of the food. I was impressed with the process they had to get everyone seated to eat.

Overall great experience and I would certainly recommend this experience to my family and friends.

We will be a repeat for this trip soon!

Visited January 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I did the Pirates adventure and it was entertaining. The dinner was decent – we both got the lobster and it was okay but you also get a variety of other food served similar to buffet style. We did a similar pirates adventure in Puerto Vallarta years ago and this was comparable but with slightly better food. The trip was entertaining and I would recommend if you’ve never done this before.

Visited December 2013