“Beautiful hotel with amazing beach views” 5 of 5 stars

ME Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boulevard Kukulkan, km. 12, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #34 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautiful hotel with amazing beach views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My cousin and I stayed at the ME Cancun from October 1-4 of this year for my birthday. I didn't know what to expect since I'd booked through my company's travel agency but I was pleasently delighted as we walked into the stylish lobby. We were greeted by Francesco, (I remember his name because he had the bluest eyes I've ever seen in my life!!) who was extremely helpful in our check-in and we were also presented with a nice beverage upon our arrival. Our room wasn't ready when we got there (we got in at 12:30p and check-in is at 3) however, that didn't dampen our spirits. We left our luggage with the concierge and went out to one of the hotel's restaurants, The Beach House, and had the best quesadillas and nachos we've had in our lives! The guacamole was delicious too! The rooms were beautiful and spacious in my opinion and very clean! The hotel even sent a small dessert to the room for my birthday! How cool is that?! The beach was beautiful, the bali beds gorgeous and I love the fact that the hotel has an adult's only pool, not that there were very many kids around. Even though I went with my cousin, we saw couples everywhere and the place is definitely romantic (mental note to go back with my beau!). The staff is extremely helpful in the hotel and poolside. I was thankful that many spoke English because my Spanish is almost non-existent! We were in walking distance to an upscale Mexican Mall (which had a lot of American restaurants as well) and we frequented that everyday. We had such a great time, that we've decided Cancun will be a place we visit yearly and ME Cancun will be the hotel we stay at every year as well! My only complaints would be the whole time share thing that you get bombarded with (which actually wasn't that bad) and when paying in American dollars you get your change back in pesos. But those two complaints wouldn't keep me from staying at ME again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear bamapeach99

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Me Cancun with other travelers. We are glad we delivered our promise of an experience beyond mere accomodation. I will most defintely check the vacation club approach to guests in order to ensure they dont feel bombarded by them.
We really look forward to your future stays at Me Cancun. If there´s anything else we can assist you with, please dont hesitate to contact me at paola.melchor@solmelia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Korean first
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at the Me for four nights in July. We did a Monday-Friday stay, and basically had the place to ourselves--It was wonderful! The beach and pool areas were outstanding. Our room was on "The Level" and was perfect--outstanding service, lovely breakfast every morning, amazing views from the room and concierge area. We had lunch several days at The Beach House while at the pool, and it was excellent. We splurged on dinner one evening at one of the "nicer" hotel restaurants, and it too was outstanding food & service. My only negative--the annoying timeshare salespeople in the lobby. However, after telling them "no" the first two days, they left us alone. A great trip overall!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear MyraTL

Thank you very much for having taken the time of writing a review for other traveler´s to learn more about the Me Cancun experience. I am glad you were satisfied and that you found outstanding our service, facilities and gastronomical proposal. It is by comments like yours we are encouraged to continue offering the best experience.
If you ever need anything else, please dont hesitate to contact us directly
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Good atmosphere. Excellent restaurants. Good prices on both rooms and food. Great service. Impressive hotel with all facilities. Good location in the hotel zone of Cancun. Clean and neat. Nice trendy style. Not very suited for kids. Ok gym. Amazing pool and beach area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Mortenandsilja
Thank you for having posted you review for other traveler´s. We appreciatte the time you took to share your most recent experience. We look forward to having you back at Me Cancun. Please contact the hotel directly if there´s anything you need.
Best regards
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Me in Cancun was a beautiful hotel; the room (we stayed in an ocean view upgrade) was comfortable and roomy. The pools were amazing and we never even made it to the ocean at the resort as we always ended up at one of the pools. We were there for my friends wedding and it was well put together by the hotel.

I had two complaints. One: there were two many people trying to sell tours/condos/trips etc everywhere! This seems to be the case everywhere in Cancun though. Also two:food prices; as it's not all inclusive you either have to leave or eat at one (breakfast) or two options (lunch/dinner) at the hotel. The only breakfast option was a $30 buffet. As we were there for the wedding most of the meals were co-ordinated for us but it would have definitely added up. The food was good but I would have preferred more/cheaper options so as not to do huge meals at every meal. There is a mall right down the road and we went and stocked up on snacks and went there for most of our meals and it has options from snacks to expensive meals.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, November 10, 2010
Dear Mars817
Thank you very much for having written a review of your most recent stay at Me Cancun. We appreciate your review and I am sure other travelers will find it useful. We are also thankful for the valuable feedback, comments such as yours help us identify areas of improvement within the resort.
I would also like to share with you we are going all inclusive with our Complete Me Plan this January 1st, so perhaps on your next trip to Cancun you micght as well consider staying once again with us.
Best regards
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was my third time visiting this hotel with my boyfriend. We absolutely love everything about it. We were there for our anniversary and they had chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for us on our first night.
-From the moment you arrive the doormen are super nice and the check-in is simple and quick, the champagne your given is a nice touch too.
-The hotel is spotless everywhere you go, I would feel comfortable walking around in bare feet ( I didn't ) but thats how clean they keep this place.
-The pool area is gorgeous, we always stayed in the main large pool because it was the warmest and most room to swim, but there are two other pools as well.
-They re-did the beach since the last time we were here and it looks amazing, there is so much room now they did a really good job at reconstructing it.
-The restaurants were delicious, we ate at the beachhouse restaurant right beside the ocean and its stunning at night with the candlelight and the waves crashing. We went to the buffet breakfast every single morning, its one of our favourite parts about the hotel.
If you go on the ME.com website you can sign up for a MAS card which offers 2 for 1 breakfast everyday, if you don't have the card i'm pretty sure its $20 or a little more per person, so its a really good idea to get the card.
-The rooms are always perfect, really comfortable beds, clean washrooms, rain showerhead and amazing room service.
-The location is close to everything, you walk down the street and can hop on a bus and in a matter of minutes your right in the heart of all the clubs and restaurants etc.
There is also a really nice mall right across the street from the hotel which has everything in it.
-There is a pool table and free internet in the little cafe they have at this hotel as well. We went during the worldcup time and they had all the games playing on multiple big screens which was really nice.
I would recommend this hotel 100%

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear BrooklynStylez,
We greatly appreciate the time you dedicated on writing a review about your experience on your most recent visit to ME Cancún. Comments like yours are the ones that assure us we are accomplishing our commitment about offering an experience beyond mere accommodation. It would be a pleasure to host you again with us, don´t hesitate on contacting us for anything you need.
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Perfect getaway for a romanticf trip or a trip with friends.
Some minor improvements regarding service (maybe unfare, but the timeshare consept really irritates me...:))
Anyway, I would definately come back. Overall a nice place to stay!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear CeeAK,
Besides thanking you for taking part of yor time to share your opinion about the ME Cancún Hotel, I would like to share with you that we will be taking the corrective measures with our Vacational Club staff in order to prevent situations like this again.
We will be waiting for your come back and I assure you we will be working with our commitment about offering an experience beyond mere accommodation.
Lima - Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

ME is a modern, trendy , super clean hotel and the pool area is amazing! The staff is friendly and polite.
I stayed in a Deluxe Lagoon View with two double beds, and it was exactly that you see on the internet, my room was on the sixth floor, but the only bad thing is the room didn`t have balcony. The bathroom has a rain shower and AVEDA products (shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower gel).
The pool area is amazing with bali cabanas, but you had to reserve it, so I went to the beach and enjoyed the cabanas on the sand for free.; but on weekend you have to pay for them.
I ate at Silk , is a thai restaurant in the hotel , the food is delicious Also you can see a great show in the teppanyaki table with the cheff ( Benihana style)
About the guests are adults from 25 `s to 40`s , I didn`t see any children, so it is a place for couples and single adults.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Patty_T_S
I would like to thank you for sharing the experience the hotel ME Cancún offered you.
Your comments and opinions are very important for us in order to identify opportunity areas. It would be such a pleasure if you could give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Been to ME Cancun? Share your experiences!