“ME Cancun was amazing!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota
“ME Cancun was amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I went to ME Cancun with my girlfriend August 6-9th for an end of the summer vacation. Before i had booked with ME, i heard very good things from close friends and family. I had also read a lot of great reviews on Trip Advisor so we decided to check it out for ourselves. It definitely exceeded our expectations! Being in our early twenties it was a very fitting resort to stay at. I felt like it was definitely geared more towards that party crowd, granted i did see a couple of little kids here and there. DJ's by the pool.. The Rose Bar by the lobby basically turned into a night club after 10PM! The hotel itself was always very clean and well kept. Pretty much the only thing that i did not like was how when you purchase an "all-inclusive" package with them it's really not all-inclusive.They have levels to the all inclusive and they identify that by the color of bracelet they give you at check-in. The basic package includes all of the restaurants at the hotel (Silk, Salt, Water Grill, BeachHouse) all the food and liquor you want, keep in mind the alcohol they serve you is the cheap stuff) If you want room service, it'll cost you 5$ every time you call them for a request. If you want name brand liquor, red bulls, bottled juice they will charge you.. A mini bar comes in every room that is stocked with alcohol, champagne, food and such. You will need to pay for any of the things you use in the mini bar other than the water and beer (Tecate Light, Dos Equis). It will be labeled by green and yellow stickers. You have to upgrade your all inclusive package to ME+ if you want receive free room service and quality alcohol and all the extra perks ( ex. Beds by the pool) There were a lot of optional hidden fees at the hotel which surprised me. BRING A LOT OF 1$ BILLS!! Tipping is not required but if you want quality and speedy service then i recommend it. Overall, i had a blast staying at ME Cancun. The staff was very friendly and nice. Joel was awesome! Brought me any drink i ordered from the pool very fast and was super nice! Were thinking of coming back this December!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
paolamelchor, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cancun, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Dear Zlatko K,
We are happy to know we accomplished to exceed your expectation and we appreciate your kind comments, these kinds of feedback keeps us inspired in order to provide our guests the best experience we can. It’ll be our pleasure to let Joel know that he was an important contribution in you having a great vacation. We are looking forward to have you back and we’ll be ready to live with you another amazing experience. Greetings!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Korean first
Cancun
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Little dining options with bad service. Room service terribly slow for cold food. No activities to get to know other guests
I recommend the Selvatica excursion with Hunter & his crew. Beautiful beaches!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear Mi P,
We are really sorry to hear you experience with us wasn’t as pleasant as you expected. We offer you a sincere apology from all of our team members. We appreciate your comments and we will consider them for further improvements so this situation may never be repeated with any of our guests. We hope you can give us another chance to change your opinion about our service and accomplish to provide you an amazing experience soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We made it back to ME Cancun for the second summer in as many years. The beaches and pools were beautiful and relaxing. The drinks and food were both abundant and delicious! Rose Bar was still so lovely!

Cutting off pool service at 9PM seems rather restrictive for a luxury destination, especially one that boasts of their nightlife (although I'm an early bird so not a huge detractor). We were pretty frustrated with elevators being slow and out of order, not to mention dingy and ripped carpet.

Overall, great romantic destination for couples or fun group getaway! Next year we will try somewhere new, but not opposed to going back someday.

Stayed August 2014
paolamelchor, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cancun, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
We appreciate the time you spent writing your review. We are glad to know your time with us was as expected. We’re always happy to provide our guests the best experience we can. Thank you for letting us know your concerns, we’ll sure consider them for further improvements. We are looking forward to share with you another great experience soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Well I will start by saying this is NOT what we expected & after reading a lot of reviews 1 in particular made us think twice about staying here however we decided to make our decision on this hotel which made our stay one to remember!

Hotel ME is beautiful, good architectural designed, lots of sculptures around the hotel, staff are ALWAYS friendly & willing to help & the hotel is super clean.

The colored wrist bands. Now from what I could see there were 2 colors which were the main colors.
Orange which is the standard check in with limited inclusions for beverages etc then the gold bands which we had. This is the ME plus guest & you get the total experience.
So it's worth spending a little More.

As a ME plus guest you get an express check in & drinks in arrival.

There are 2 Pool areas - the adult pool which was the infinity pool and the pool anyone can swim at.
As hot as it was, it was a little disappointing to jump into a warm pool for the normal pool area & not something refreshing but besides that it did have a pool bar so we would stay there for a few drinks & head over to the infinity pool where there was a DJ playing daily chill out music which was awesome!
This pool was a little cooler too & had a pool bar but was never attended too so we would have to get our own drinks here or wait for the waiter which was rare they would come round.

The beds near these pools do need to be booked in. If you are a ME plus guest you get a bed for free for 1 day between Sunday & Thursday which was great!
The other days are charged. But it's worth it.

The beach also has the beds & lounge chairs. The beds again need to be booked but the lounges you don't need too.
Either way you will also get served by the staff who are always willing to assist you.

The room:
We had upgraded to the loft suite -Best decision! Our room had a balcony with the bed over looking the beach & the pool to the hotel next door, which we were fine with as they had nightly entertainment which was fun to watch.

House keeping came around daily sometimes even twice, ensured towels were fresh, mini bar topped up and enough bottles of water, they would also leave a card (quote of the day) with little chocolates which was cute.

Also as we were a ME plus guest we received a small dish delivered every afternoon whether it being savory or sweet as a little gift from the hotel.

Room service was 24hours & would service you at any time of the day/night or early hours of the morning although we did have to wait an hour & they didn't bring up everything we ordered but we were still happy with that!

The restaurants:
Salt - Mediterranean inspired
Breakfast buffet was ok, nothing special.
However their dinner was just amazing, food was great along with the service.

Silk - Asian bistro, teppan yaki & sushi
We had the teppan yaki which was also amazing! We didn't get a chance to try the sushi or bistro though.

The water grill - South American grill
This is a mixture of brazillian bbq & Argentinan food. The meat was cooked perfectly & unlimited food until you are full!

Beach house - seafood & Caribbean flavors.
For lunch we ate here twice & once for dinner. Although the menus are quiet similar the food was good for both. ME plus guest get advantages on the menu then the regular guests which was good also!

As a ME plus guest we were given extras included in our package at no extra charge. We used 3 of 5.
One was the photo adventure where you get a free photo shoot & 1 free photo included. However when we went to book we were told by the young man that worked for the photo company (Adventure photos) that you only get 1 free photo if u purchase 3 photos and get the 4th one free.
We were clearly told we had included 1 free photo & the paperwork given also said 1 free photo yet the young man pretty much said we were told the wrong information & that we would need to buy photos so we were disappointed to be told the wrong information. It was later confirmed that we did in fact have a free photo along with the shoot included and the photo company was just trying to find a way to get more out of us. We didn't go ahead with it.

The other extras were great!

Overall we really couldn't fault this hotel & their staff. They made our stay special & one we will never forget!
We will definitely be back for our honeymoon!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Amanda M,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations and provide an unforgettable experience. It is always nice to read about such enjoyable times as the one you spent with us. We are glad you noticed the sculptures, they actually are part of a great story we will be happy to tell you on your next visit. We are sorry about the photo misunderstanding we will follow up this so we can improve and be more clear about it. Silk restaurant is my personal favorite, I hope you can try all of our dishes next time, you’ll be delighted. We really appreciate all the nice comments and we look forward to hosting you again soon. Greetings.
Waterbury, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

The location was great! We felt that the area was safe to walk to local shopping centers. The high end shops and the local mexican mall were great!
My boyfriend and I recently stayed at ME Cancun for 5 days & we could not be more satisfied with our stay. We have stayed at all inclusive resorts before & I must say ME is by far the best. The resort was immaculate! I noticed people maintaining the grounds,pools & other public areas regularly & I was quite impressed. Next, the food was top quality & delicious! We were never disappointed. Breakfast was especially great, we loved the crepes! The service at all of the restaurants was exceptional, everyone was pleasant and willing to accommodate all of our needs. Next, I was impressed with easiness of getting bottled water & snacks when we wanted a little something extra. We were always able to get something without hesitation or complaints. Drinks were also on point! Our room was awesome! The view of the beach and the pool area were stunning! We also used the fitness center a couple times and that was nice! We were always able to find chairs or beds by the pool because the resort really wasn't packed, which was nice. My only issue the entire trip (however, it did not ruin our trip at all) was that two of our personal beach towels that we brought from home went missing by the pool area. We are unsure if they got swiped or somehow mixed in while the crew was cleaning up for the buffet dinner by the pool. Either way, after 3 days of asking the staff to check the lost & found they did not turn up! That was disappointing, I think the staff could have put more effort in, but that was not a huge deal. Overall, we had a great experience at ME and would gladly return!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
paolamelchor, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at ME Cancun, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Dear Kathryn R
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations and provide an unforgettable experience. It is always nice to read about such enjoyable time as the one you spent with us. I am truly sorry your towels dod not turn back. we have alost and found department which keeps track of all missing or forgotten ítems and our staff always registers any object found. We are actually very lucky and have put a lot of effort to work with very honest people and have never had any annomalies regarding the lost and found objects. I am truly sorry that your towels might have not been picked up by someone from our staff but maybe another guest and were not turned back. I will be sure to recheck our system to make sure they were not found. I truly hope you were not too inconvenienced by this. We truly hope you give us another chance in the future
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

As soon as we stepped into the lobby we knew it was going to be an excellent stay. The vibe of the hotel is cool, relaxing and welcoming.

The all inclusive (AI) option worked well for us. It is a fair amount to pay up front, but when we arrived we soon realised going AI was a good idea. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks on the beach, the coffee bar and in-room dining is included. However you do have to pay extra for some alcohol and seafood (lobster) but this wasn't an issue for us - we just didn't order it! There is a $5usd service charge for in-room dining. And of course tips on top.

The buffet breakfast at Salt was okay and did the job. We had a couple of lunches at the Beach House (Mexican) which were good. Dinner at the Water Grill was delicious (South American) with a gorgeous view of the beach. They brought out a huge variety of meat; chicken, chorizo, turkey wrapped in bacon, sirloin, flank steak and more! Dinner at Silk (Asian/Sushi/Teppanyaki) was nice although the flavours are quite intense and the dishes very saucy.

All of the workers are pleasant and offer a "Hola" when you walk past. A shoutout to Roger at the coffee/snack bar who was by far the most friendly of the ME staff.

The maids do a fantastic job and are thorough. The shared restrooms throughout the hotel are plentiful and always clean.

The beach is AMAZING!!! The water is refreshing and not too packed. You can jetski and parasail there. There are plenty of sunlounges on the beach and in the pool area. Sunlounges are free to use but the cabanas are $40usd per day. We tried to reserve a cabana near the adult pool but they were completely booked for the following two days.

We stayed 3 nights at ME and wished we had booked another couple of nights.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cathotravelo
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with tons of travelers, we truly apreciate the time you took to share your experience. I will be sharing your commentaries with Roger and the rest of our staff. We truly thank you for acknowledging his good service and emotional connection. We look forward to hosting you again soon
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Was not my first experience with this hotel, I need to say I have been there before and things went relatively good. Despite is sometimes bad maintained and need some improvements, the hotel in General is "ok". It's a good option for couples and the pool is sometimes funny.

What is TERRIBLE is their reservation system and the people working there. NEVER USE THE MOBILE APPLICATION TO RESERVE, they have a lot of small letters that you can read only in an email after you pay for your reservation, I'm a frequent traveler so I know the different kind of rates you have to reserve, but this is not well explained in their mobile site.

My experience... I reserved a 2 nights weekend scape few weeks ago. Because of my work I needed to postpone and cancelled 3 days before my trip supposed to start (I never received a confirmation mail but in my melia rewards app I had my confirmation number). I realized later they charged for the reservation, when I called them, they treat me as a stupid saying it was my fault because I reserved a non refundable fare. Ok ok I can understand that but I never read that in the mobile app.

What was terrible was the way a person named Ma Jesus tried to talk to me, yelling and saying racist phrases such as " I'm from Spain, understand I'm different" trying to show her superiority ???and yelling she can't do anything, at the end she said she will try to help me but it was my stupidity for choose a wrong option.

After weeks nobody can do anything, it's ok, I can live with this, it's only money, but what is terrible is the arrogance of their staff.

They lost a frequent client, they won a bad review but more important they show their haughtiness.... At the end I choose another hotel and a week later I enjoyed my cancun trip :) hasta la vista ME )!!!

Dear Javierchik08
We truly thank you for sharing with us your feedback. We apreciate the time you took to share with us your valuable comments which help us identify any possible áreas of improvement and act consequently to correct them. I am truly sorry to read your experience with our reservations system was not satisfactory. I can assure you I have forwarded your commentaries to our corporate offices in charge of our applications in order for them to take the necessary corrective measures. I am truly sorry that we did not present a solution which you were satisfied with, and most definetely I apologize if anyone in our staff made you feel as if we were not trying to properly assist you. It is true that cancelation policies can not be voided but it is also true that we need to have the proper approach with our guests and try within what´s possible to offer options. I am truly sorry we failed at leaving that impression on you and that as a result we are losing you as a customer. I truly hope you give us another chance in the future, I can assure you that we will work diligently to ensure your satisfaction and gain you back as a customer.

Been to ME Cancun? Share your experiences!