“Incredible first all-inclusive experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #33 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Stamford, Connecticut
“Incredible first all-inclusive experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was our first trip to an all-inclusive resort anywhere and I have to say that I absolutely loved it.
1. The resort seems brand new and very very well maintained.
2. Service is top-notch and attentive, tips or no tips (I always did tip 20 pesos every time I ordered a drink and 50 pesos after meals)
3. All restaurants are awesome and most of them are a la carte; no soggy generic buffets here for lunch and dinners.
4. Breakfast buffet was incredible.
5. Constant drinks and food service on the beach
6. While we went in January during an unusually cold North American winter, the pools were oddly cold. The water in the pools was colder than the ocean!!!

A few other recommendations about Cancún. If you wish to truly connect to local lifestyle there, make your way to Parque de las palapas in Cancún centro. As long as you speak passable Spanish, you will get to enjoy street food for virtually no cost. You can take the R-1 bus to El Palacío and then just walk a block to discover this gem.

I'd also suggest checking out the bars and restaurants on Av. Yaxchilan.

The concierge, understandably, concentrates on the lowest common denominator and will suggest malls, bars etc in the hotel zone alone. That's not real Cancún/Mexico...

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Korean first
Murray, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Compliments: The hotel is modern, with all you would come to expect of a high end hotel. The Staff is FABULOUS. I could name all the staff I have interacted with and I had a positive experience with all of them with one exception. (*See Critics) I love the pools, the poolside, and beach front. The Bed's are pillow top with the softest sheets known to man. Bathrobe and slippers are provided in the room. The Coffee was great in the hotel and that was the most important thing to me.
Cuisine: SALT had some of the best food I have ever tasted in my life. If you plan to come here GET RESERVATIONS AT THE RESERVATION DESK AT LEAST ONE DAY IN ADVANCE. SILK is Amazing too. Get the Beef Yakisoba so savory with ton of flavor, and the Salmon Tradito! OH MY GOD so good! At the Water Grill if you like Brazilian Grill go for it. But that was too much meat for me however the empandas are great. The Beach House, WOW it was amazing especially for lunch! Loved it.
Creature Comforts: The room amenities are amazing, if you can find a Wifi connection that is strong enough to handle what you need to do it is worth it. This hotel had a lot of ground to make up for, and well we were very impressed with it. We do plan to return, and hopefully this time when we check in we get the bed we want, and no problems upon arrival. Also the Spa YHI has one of the BEST MASSAGE THERAPISTS I HAVE EVER HAD! Antonia is Amazing, So amazing that I booked another appointment with her during my 5 day stay. If I could, I would take her home with me! She is phenomenal! I have never fallen asleep on a massage table before in my life. However I did both times with her! That is how relaxed she got me. And that was REALLY hard to do, considering the stress I was under with this trip. NOW TO THE NOT SO FUN PART~!
Critics/Criticisms: * Checking into the hotel came with a big hiccup. Our reservation was canceled the day before our arrival. Andreas was helpful but it was quite the upsetting experience. If that were to happen in my hotel I would have offered a beverage for the weary traveler, apologized up and down, called the General Manager over, and done everything I could to help. I would not have left it up to the guest who clearly had a reservation to resolve things. I would have stepped up. And after 2 hours of stressing out a guest in the Hotel Lobby, I would have promptly offered that guest a spa treatment, a beverage, or bali bed rental free of charge for the mishap. I was offered nothing. It was not until I complained the next day to my travel representative that something was done. (Something the General Manager should be aware of) We do not know what happened, who's fault it was that our reservation was canceled the day before our arrival however, it was all in all a good stay. We plan to come back to Cancun for the beach and the food and the sun. For our 5 year anniversary it could have been better.

Room Tip: Ocean View does over look the pool, it is nice but on weekends it is noisy. The hotel provides ear p...
Green Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Before our stay, mu husband and I read several reviews of this resort. Anything negative anyone had to say is just silly. The staff is incredible. They really take the time to get to know you. The restaurants are amazing. The beach and pool area are beautiful. Some people complained about the added charge to rend the beds by the beach. There is plenty of other lawn chairs on the beach, so we felt that the opportunity to upgrade was great! And for $25-$40 for the whole day…that is not much considering all your drinks and food and included. I will be back!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Cranston, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was our second time at the Me. The first time was 2 yrs ago, this year we travelled with our nieces and nephews. We selected the Me because we thought it was geared toward our nieces and nephews ages and they would have a good time. Check in was smooth, the rooms were just as pictured. There were some changes since our last visit that we really liked, you no longer had to sign for drinks, dinner,etc. before it was an inconvenience. Getting reservations for dinner was easy. Because we were a large party, we would get reservations before 8:00, but that was never an issue for us. There were plenty of chairs on the beach and there was always someone available to get you an umbrella. The Rose bar was a bit of a disappointment, but the outside bar was fun when the music was playing. Some things were a little off, one night, we asked for sake with our meal while at Silk, they would allow us 2 cups in the Asian Bistro area and after that you had to pay for it, but if you were at the hibachi grill, you could have as much as you wanted. While at the Rose bar, we asked for Disaronno. One night we could have it all night, the next night it was not available and the following night we had to pay extra for it - that just did not make sense. I guess it was all who you spoke with. Service is fine, not exceptional. All in all a good trip, but we will not be returning

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at ME Cancun and would love to return. Delicious food, friendly and helpful staff, beautiful setting. Internet didn't work in the room but otherwise our first all-inclusive was a big success!

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We have been to many resorts, many all-inclusive. This has, by far, the best food! It is difficult to serve non-stop to so many people and have good quality. ME Cancun has done it! Our favorite restaurant was immediately the Water Grill. We kept going back after trying all the other restaurants. Hector, the manager, is amazing. It is obvious he loves his job and loves people. He treated us like family from the start. He went above and beyond to make us happy!!! Truly, he was exceptional. We met the chef, Arturo, and he was so great! All his food is so delicious. We had dinner on the beach one of the nights with Angel as our waiter. He did an amazing job. Thank you so much to all the people who work so hard here! It is obvious that you all work hard, and work as a team. Everyone seems so happy to be working together. Our favorite hostess was Yaell. She was kind and attentive. We looked forward to seeing her smiling face at dinner time. We will be back, and know we will be happy!

Room Tip: We had a lagoon view, not ocean view. It was very very clean. All visitors said their rooms were a b...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My friend and I stayed at ME for a long weekend in mid-January, 2014. Overall, it was a wonderfully relaxing, fun, and indulgent experience. The resort itself is very beautiful and smells amazing. I thought it was well appointed and very clean. The rooms were nice; the beds were super comfortable; and the shower was delightful (and the bathrobes were also plush and comfy). We didn't spend any time at the pool, but it looked clean and pretty. I spent all three days lounging on the beach! We had amazing weather, although the sun goes behind the neighbor's building around 4pm each day.

The beach-side service was great. Pedro spoiled us! He kept the drinks flowing, as well as food for lunch. He was very attentive and friendly. I do recommend reserving your chairs early, especially on weekends. They go quickly! Our first day I got stuck with a broken lounge chair, and while at first it seemed like I was going to stuck with the broken one all day, eventually they came with a new chair.

My primary complaint is that I wish there was some sort of resort map or overall guide. We were provided with a one-pager upon check-in, but it was relatively vague and didn't really answer some basic questions, like where the fitness center was located. It also took us two days to figure out that 2, sometimes 3, of the restaurants are in the same place (but sectioned off from each other).

Also a description of the nightly entertainment would have been great. We ended up spending a lot of time at the Rose Bar, which was okay. The service was exceptional - Michael, Christopher, and Daniel were all attentive, happy, fun and overall great servers! I would go back just to hang out with them more. However, the music is exclusively house, which was disappointing. Based on the decor and music, there really wasn't anything about the resort that made it feel like we were in Mexico....so a night of salsa music would have gone a long way towards remedying that.

The reservations system for the four on-site restaurants is weird. We were under the impression you could only make day-of reservations, but found out that was wrong. We ended up eating at all four, and they were each delicious. On our last night we had Antonio at Salt, and he was fantastic! Dessert at all four is a sampling plate, but I believe you could order more expansive desserts via room service. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the service there was also top-notch.

Like other guests have mentioned, gratuity is not required for good service. Whether I tipped or not, the service was consistently above par (with some minor hiccups, but nothing big; overall really good). So much so, that now that I'm home and reflecting back on the trip, I wish I had tipped more.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends