“Beautiful Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Lowlights:
1) food was bad, we got the all inclusive option, and we totally regreted it
2) Waiters were having a hard time understanding/speaking English
3) We lost our wallet in our room

Overall, it was a beautiful hotel, we enjoyed our stay, except losing our wallet in the room kinda ruined it a bit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear UltraVV
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I apreciate the time you took to share your comments with us. I thank you for your input towards the foos and service in the hotel. I will definetely follow up on that, and on the report of your missing wallet. We would have been pleased to assist you at the time if we had known about it. We thank you for your post and we truly hope you give us another chance in the future to prove that our main commitment is with your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
  • Korean first
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I haven't been away in a very long time... My friend & I decided on the ME Cancun from the travel agents suggestions. The minute we arrived we were treated impeccably! The front desk crew was rather slow & unorganized but we got over that in a jiffy. You have to understand when you go to a place like this on a tropical island.. you're going to be on island time... & if the staff member is a man well then its man island time & that's No Bueno ;)- Haha ! Our 1st night we met the crew of the Rose Bar & fell in love with them. Not literally in love but these Guys were Great ! They made our night :) : Mauricio, Aramis & Domingo - You Rock ! The rest of our trip was filled with relaxing days by the pool or on the beach being waited on & treated as a total VIP. Our favorite waiter by the pool was Diego !! He was Awesome & helped us get some rockin' reservations @ Harry's with a little help from his Boss :) The trip was all around Awesome ! The resort was Great & water was AMAZING ! I have never seen such a beautiful beach. The food was Great too never had one stomach issue. I didn't love the music nothing Latin @ all which irritated me & a lot of house trans music.. No Bueno again! I would have loved to dance bachatta or Salsa one night... oh Well ! What truly made this trip was the service we got & the Great people that work @ the ME Cancun. From the hellos in the morning @ Breakfast to the Holas @ night @ the Yummy Restaurants it was all good :) But truly Aramis & Domingo & most of all Mauricio Rivers made our trip even more enjoyable !! Mauricio is just a TOP NOTCH Great Guy !! So funny So Sweet & Great Bartender ! He made our trip so much better. The ME Cancun is very Lucky to have these people working for them. I will be back for sure :)) Remember ME <3

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BAMBY617
Thank you so much for your kind review! I am glad to read that our associated were able to add up to your experience and connect with you! I will be sure to share your review with Mauricio, Aramis and Domingo so they keep upthe good work! I also apreciate your comments towards slowness of service at the front desk, we will definetely to check this issue with them. I also apreciate your comments in regards to the music. I understand you would have enjoyed salsa or bachata, and I am truly sorry that our concept goes with the electronic music concept. We have mash up nights in which we play the latest hits mixed with a bit of house in order to cater different styles. We apreciate your feedback and look forward to host you back again in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our stay at Me was perfect. The resort was very clean and the food was excellent. All of the staff was friendly and welcoming. Wilbur at the Rose Bar was simply the best. We met him our first night. He was our bartender. The next time he saw us he remembered our names and the service he provided was excellent. I look forward to staying at Me again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Caitlin G
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I will be sharing your comments with Wilbur so he keeps the good work! We look forward to hosting you back!
Alberta Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is not an all inclusive hotel. I suggest you do some research before booking at this hotel. By research, I do not mean to go on their website - it's bogus. There are other websites besides Trip Advisor that will give you some good, honest feedback.

If you want a hotel where you can get a nice quiet drink in the evening - don't stay here.
If you want to go on the beach at night - don't stay here (and don't let anyone tell you that the beach is off limits at night) - we went next door where the beach was monitored - no issues at all.
If you want to get a drink before 10 am or after 1am, without paying - don't staying here.
If you want swim in an all adult pool, without paying - don't stay here.
If you want to get some sleep at night - DO NOT STAY in any rooms lower than the 5th floor - the bass from the "club", is ridiculously loud.
If you want to throw a football around - bring your own, because by "free watersports", they actually mean "the ocean", 'cause they don't provide any kind of "sport" equipment. Oh, they'll sell you a water excursion package... exactly, SELL!
If you want a chair around the pool... either get up at 7:00 am every morning like I did and put a towel on a chair, or bring your wallet to the pool so you can pay for a dirty cabana bed.
If you want to eat dinner between 6pm - 9pm - you'd better make a reservation EVERY NIGHT, 'casue otherwise, you are not getting a meal until after 9pm. Or you can order room service for $5 cash fee (nope...they won't let you charge it to your room).

I can name 10 hotels on the same road that are WAY better than this place.

Room Tip: Don't go below the 5th floor!!!!! Especially if you are staying on a Friday, Saturday night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The ocean is not swimmable, there is no waive divider;
The hotel charges extra for : room service, half in room bar, half of the Sun matresses $ 40- $100 per each per day, there is no entertainment, there is no nonmotorized sports/ no activites, there is no patios for standard rooms ( only for VIP which $60 extra per day), no food is allowed after the check out; massage in the spa $160 for 50 min

The hotel caters to teenagers, young couples and gays.

Don't waste your money, there are much better hotels in the hotel zone. I stayed in Cancun for 6 times and its a second time when I got disapointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Deptford, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Amazing service, food and view... My 3rd time here and as a nice surprise the "signing" for everything has finally ended!!
The only thing I see that needs fixing is the lobby area furniture- from everyone lounging on it, it is beginning to look cruddy and needs replacing.
Also, I had resort credit from Orbitz which included $50.00 towards a Bali bed- The beach bed I chose was only $25.00 and they would not let me book the bed again to use up my remaining $25.00- just dumb.... over 7 beds were empty and the coupon said one per stay, not per day... They need to get over it!! In addition, the hot tub should be included for those that would like to use it- They charge extra for that too, which is not fair in my book!
While that made me mad, I would probably return for my 4th time because I like the whole idea of NO lunch or dinner buffets....The dinners there, make you feel like you are actually "out to dinner"

Room Tip: Ocean view and balcony suit if you can afford it!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this resort and were blown away by the stunning views of the ocean and beach. The swim up bar in the main pool is a little small and always crowded, this lead us to check out the adult pool. Now the adult pool is all about extras, if you want a cabana by the pool you have to pay for a bottle of booze to have the bed all day, bottles range from 180 to 500 USD. If you just want a bed by the adult pool it is $45. We did the cabana a few days which was cool as all our friends we met there were able to join us as there was no limit on how many of you can be on the bed (Better not be for how much it is). The other extra I did not see coming was on Friday and Saturday they open up the only barn running to the public, which was ok but at 12 midnight they make every one pay for drinks even if you have an all inclusive. BUT in saying all this we had a great time here and I give all that credit to the service the servers there were amazing and really deserve to be recognized for there hard work there names are;
Edgar M Franco (This is defiantly the nicest guy ever)
Joel Guzman (Very chill guy and always looking out for you)
Santiago Salomon
Roger That
Enrique Ibarra
Valeria Rocha (Supervisor)
Thank you to all these people for making a trip every thing we could have asked for in the service department.

Room Tip: Get the ocean Vibe room it is worth the extra for the view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to ME Cancun? Share your experiences!