“Exceeded my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Covina, California
“Exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed at the Me from 11/23 - 11/29/12 and it exceeded my expectations. Arrived at 10:00 am and the room was not ready for check-in, but the front desk staff was polite and up front about the room not being available. They proceeded to check me in and direct us to our concierge Rafael who went through the amenities and the do's and don'ts. After the brief intro, Rafael, showed us down to the Beach house and the rest is history. The staff was amazing with the service. Made wonderful suggestions on food and beverages. Adult beverages of course. The first night we met our best friend, Edgar, the bartender at the E-Space bar. The second day, met our next best friends, Marco the server on the beach and The Captain Armando Cisneros. The three of these guys made our stay memorable. The service provided by the three of them was incredible and unreal. Marco made sure our drinks were never empty and and Armando was just as helpful with assisting us with our dinner reservations. When visiting the ME, make sure you meet Edgar, Marco and Armando. Our dinners were set up by Armando and Marco and everything they promised us was accurate. The service at Salt and Silk was remarkable, just like they said it would be. I will return to this resort 100 times if these three guys continue to work there......I really want to thank the three, Marco, Edgar and Armando for making this vacation a memorable one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed for 12 nights in November overall it was excellent . On arrival we got a great welcome from Natalie on The Level. Our junior suite was very spacious and had everything you needed flat screen ipod dock safe etc , housekeeping kept the room to a very high standard on twice daily visits .Food was of a very high standard plenty of choice , a special mention for the teppinaki tables , food was excellent. Staff were very friendly overall but a special mention for Marco and Claudio on the beach , their service was Excellent , they went above and beyond the call of duty and they are a credit and a fantastic asset to this hotel .Everyday they welcomed us by name always had a smile and have a fantastic attitude . Javarier at the pool was also a stand out employee. in relation to having to sign for food and drinks just open a tab and sign at the end of the day no big deal !! We never had a problem getting beds on the beach or pool and the attendants on the beach would bring you beds tables etc to your desired location on the beach .
Our only suggestion to management would be to sort out service in watergrill we waited on two different days for 30 mins for service even though there was only one other couple in the restaurant , but hey the view is amazing .Overall it is a great hotel and we look forward to returning in the near future !!

st.louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

If your looking for a layed back resort with delicious food and drinks this is your place. The staff was amazing they took care of everything that you asked for Marco and Edgar that worked the beach area where the best of the staff they provide the best service. If your looking for springbreak type crowd this isn't the place for you very rexlaxing place the music was mild and the people where too. There where only two things about this place I didn't like was the adult only pool u had to pay to get in and the other was you had to sign for everything hear's a tip if your going to stay in a area more than a hour keep your tab open otherwise you have to sign everytime. I would visit this resort again.!!

Room Tip: had a first floor ocean view nice room
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I booked a full week recently and enjoyed my stay at the hotel. All in all, it was clean and the all-inclusive service was terrific. Easy access to the beach. I also used the concierge to book a trip to Tulum, which I highly recommend. A great day trip. Used the spa once, and felt that it was very good as well. I tried all the restaurants, and the meals and service were excellent. A good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at the Me in the past and just thought I would drop by and check the place out as I was visiting Cancun for the day.Went to the Beach House Restaurant and had dinner. The place is still in amazing condition and the staff as friendly and helpful as ever. Dinner at the Beach house was romantic, food was excellent and service was impecable. Jose Luis (TOTO) did a great job to make it a perfect evening for us both. I recomment this restaurant to any in Cancune. Thank you for a great evening.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Do not hesitate to book here! I came here for a girls weekend getaway and loved every minute of it. From the time we arrived until we left they took care of everything for my friend and I. The food was delicious(breakfast through dinner) the service was great and so were the people. Marcos at the Rose Bar makes great drinks ;-) Everything we asked for was taken care of with a smile. Service was always prompt whether we were asking for more towels, a cab or more cerveza. The location is great and close to everything. The resort is absolutely beautiful and I will definitely tell friends and family about ME.

Room Tip: The Lagoon view room was very nice with nice views.
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I used to say, who can really spend time writing all these big reviews after a trip?? But this time I find myself motivated to do it after this terrible experience on this hotel.
First of all, this was my 6th time in the Riviera Maya always in All Inclusive resorts, and before this trip I only had amazing experiences, but this hotel has a different concept of “All inclusive”. If you are in the all-inclusive plan you can consume the green marked stuff only, meaning that even in your room you have to be checking if the Pringles are included in your plan (that by the way they are not), then if you consume the 3 Oreo package that is included they were supposed to replace them during housekeeping, thing that never happened. Also, even if you have the bracelet you have to sign for every single drink you order in the bar, not to mention the very slow service and almost non existing service in the pool area.
I know Cancun is good for partying, but when I saw the earplugs in the night table just after check-in I figured out that something cannot be good. And I was right, one thing is to go partying, and other thing is to have the party inside your room until 5:00 am. I think the hotel bar is one of the most popular night clubs now in days in Cancun, but that is definitely not a good thing when you try to have some rest at night.
I have to say that the food is good, however, they have gourmet portions, so do not expect American style dish size, but I have to accept that the taste was really good. Like in most of the All-inclusive resorts you have to make reservations for dinner, but unfortunately the service was way below the typical level of service you usually find in Mexico. One night the Beach House restaurant we had to wait one hour because we were early, not to mention that the restaurant was completely EMPTY. “Me” is a small resort, in the week we stayed; three restaurants and hotel areas were closed due to “private events” so that obviously reduces your options for dinner and entertaining.
I have to mention that they have an amazing infinity pool for adults only; however, the pool was always empty. The reason is that this “All-inclusive” hotel charges for all the pool beds on that area, so be prepared to pay close to 60 USD per day, otherwise you can use the normal pool, where the beds are also charged but they also have standard pool furniture on that area.
I could continue my speech with more details but I think I have highlighted the most important things, the last point is the poor service in the restaurants, I was surprised as my experience in Mexico is always amazing on this, but here, any lunch or dinner usually took 1.5 hr. and it was not because I eat slowly!

Room Tip: If you want to have some sleep you better ask for a high floor, otherwise, the music will not stop u...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to ME Cancun? Share your experiences!