“Great vacation” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boulevard Kukulkan, km. 12, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #32 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
“Great vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed for 12 nights in November overall it was excellent . On arrival we got a great welcome from Natalie on The Level. Our junior suite was very spacious and had everything you needed flat screen ipod dock safe etc , housekeeping kept the room to a very high standard on twice daily visits .Food was of a very high standard plenty of choice , a special mention for the teppinaki tables , food was excellent. Staff were very friendly overall but a special mention for Marco and Claudio on the beach , their service was Excellent , they went above and beyond the call of duty and they are a credit and a fantastic asset to this hotel .Everyday they welcomed us by name always had a smile and have a fantastic attitude . Javarier at the pool was also a stand out employee. in relation to having to sign for food and drinks just open a tab and sign at the end of the day no big deal !! We never had a problem getting beds on the beach or pool and the attendants on the beach would bring you beds tables etc to your desired location on the beach .
Our only suggestion to management would be to sort out service in watergrill we waited on two different days for 30 mins for service even though there was only one other couple in the restaurant , but hey the view is amazing .Overall it is a great hotel and we look forward to returning in the near future !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Korean first
st.louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

If your looking for a layed back resort with delicious food and drinks this is your place. The staff was amazing they took care of everything that you asked for Marco and Edgar that worked the beach area where the best of the staff they provide the best service. If your looking for springbreak type crowd this isn't the place for you very rexlaxing place the music was mild and the people where too. There where only two things about this place I didn't like was the adult only pool u had to pay to get in and the other was you had to sign for everything hear's a tip if your going to stay in a area more than a hour keep your tab open otherwise you have to sign everytime. I would visit this resort again.!!

Room Tip: had a first floor ocean view nice room
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I booked a full week recently and enjoyed my stay at the hotel. All in all, it was clean and the all-inclusive service was terrific. Easy access to the beach. I also used the concierge to book a trip to Tulum, which I highly recommend. A great day trip. Used the spa once, and felt that it was very good as well. I tried all the restaurants, and the meals and service were excellent. A good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed at the Me in the past and just thought I would drop by and check the place out as I was visiting Cancun for the day.Went to the Beach House Restaurant and had dinner. The place is still in amazing condition and the staff as friendly and helpful as ever. Dinner at the Beach house was romantic, food was excellent and service was impecable. Jose Luis (TOTO) did a great job to make it a perfect evening for us both. I recomment this restaurant to any in Cancune. Thank you for a great evening.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Do not hesitate to book here! I came here for a girls weekend getaway and loved every minute of it. From the time we arrived until we left they took care of everything for my friend and I. The food was delicious(breakfast through dinner) the service was great and so were the people. Marcos at the Rose Bar makes great drinks ;-) Everything we asked for was taken care of with a smile. Service was always prompt whether we were asking for more towels, a cab or more cerveza. The location is great and close to everything. The resort is absolutely beautiful and I will definitely tell friends and family about ME.

Room Tip: The Lagoon view room was very nice with nice views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I used to say, who can really spend time writing all these big reviews after a trip?? But this time I find myself motivated to do it after this terrible experience on this hotel.
First of all, this was my 6th time in the Riviera Maya always in All Inclusive resorts, and before this trip I only had amazing experiences, but this hotel has a different concept of “All inclusive”. If you are in the all-inclusive plan you can consume the green marked stuff only, meaning that even in your room you have to be checking if the Pringles are included in your plan (that by the way they are not), then if you consume the 3 Oreo package that is included they were supposed to replace them during housekeeping, thing that never happened. Also, even if you have the bracelet you have to sign for every single drink you order in the bar, not to mention the very slow service and almost non existing service in the pool area.
I know Cancun is good for partying, but when I saw the earplugs in the night table just after check-in I figured out that something cannot be good. And I was right, one thing is to go partying, and other thing is to have the party inside your room until 5:00 am. I think the hotel bar is one of the most popular night clubs now in days in Cancun, but that is definitely not a good thing when you try to have some rest at night.
I have to say that the food is good, however, they have gourmet portions, so do not expect American style dish size, but I have to accept that the taste was really good. Like in most of the All-inclusive resorts you have to make reservations for dinner, but unfortunately the service was way below the typical level of service you usually find in Mexico. One night the Beach House restaurant we had to wait one hour because we were early, not to mention that the restaurant was completely EMPTY. “Me” is a small resort, in the week we stayed; three restaurants and hotel areas were closed due to “private events” so that obviously reduces your options for dinner and entertaining.
I have to mention that they have an amazing infinity pool for adults only; however, the pool was always empty. The reason is that this “All-inclusive” hotel charges for all the pool beds on that area, so be prepared to pay close to 60 USD per day, otherwise you can use the normal pool, where the beds are also charged but they also have standard pool furniture on that area.
I could continue my speech with more details but I think I have highlighted the most important things, the last point is the poor service in the restaurants, I was surprised as my experience in Mexico is always amazing on this, but here, any lunch or dinner usually took 1.5 hr. and it was not because I eat slowly!

Room Tip: If you want to have some sleep you better ask for a high floor, otherwise, the music will not stop u...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were here 12/2012 for a family members wedding. We had 65 people in the party. My daughter was the flower girl in the wedding and I was a bridesmaid so we were obligated to stay with the wedding party. Although the resort accepts children, children are not welcomed by any means. When I asked about activities for children I was told there were none. There are no meals for children or any accomodations/exceptions for children. We had a family gathering at an area outside the pool at 9pm, following a welcome party. The security guards hounded my family to make my 4 year old daughter leave a party because alchohol was being served. News flash, alcohol is served EVERWHERE in the hotel, so should we just stay trapped in the room? When my daughter was brought to tears because she understood the security guards wanted her to leave all of her family we returned to the room and had to listen to music BLASTING from the party downstairs. Thats real nice, make us leave a family party, stay in our room and then not sleep because of the music. I spoke to the manager who clearly stated that they advertise for adults and though they accept children they do not adapt anything for them. HORRIBLE. The hotel is fine for a honeymoon or for singles, constant club music (even in the elevators), pretentious and extremely overpriced. Not everything is included, there are a lot of exceptions, so be careful. Long waits for everything, and just not accomodating as a relaxing vacation should be. Every answer is no, for anything out of the ordinary. For such a ¨classy¨ hotel, you would think they would know how to make guests happy, expecially for the cost! The food was good, but missing a lot of standard Mexican food. Rooms were clean but small and the spa was a fortune. Dissapointing overall, missing the charm that is typical of many places in Mexico.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear DN
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review in order to help us identify possible areas of improvement within the hotel and act consequently to correct them. I am truly sorry to read that your experience with us was not a satisfactory one, however I must truly share with you this comes to us as a surprise specially after our quality manager personally followed up your stay and assisted you in every need you had. It is true we are an adults oriented hotel as it is clearly stated in our website, hence we do not offer children oriented activities and we do not have a kids menu; however our chef is always open to work towards offering a more personalized experience to guests with special likes or needs, hence we are always open to create special menus for vegetarians or for people who suffer from alergies. I understand our quality manager repeatedly asked if you needed any food to be prepared for your daughter but your only request was to have her milk heated, which we did every time you needed it. I hope you understand we would have been pleased to assist you with special food for your daughter if you had expressed what you needed to have us cook for her. When it comes to your report of security guards hounding your family, I would like to present my most sincere apologies if we made you feel that way. After your family gathering by the pool ended, we were truly happy to host you at the Rose Bar Deck. It was never our intention to make you feel hounded when the bar manager approached to you and explained that we did not allow minors into the bar. I would like to take this opportunity to share with you that the policy of not allowing children or minors into the bar is based on law. Mexican regulations clearly state that minors can not enter bars. Any bar in the world does not allow children in. Hence our bar manager kindly explained to you what the law is, I am truly sorry you felt like you were not welcome in the bar. It is true we serve alcohol all over the hotel, however as you know restaurants have a food and beverage license which allows children in since they are not listed as bars. Since you were adamant the next morning that we were ruining your experience by not letting you be part of the party, the following nights we arranged for you to have a bed, close to the bar, in which a waiter personally assisted you. I am truly sorry to read that even we tried to accomodate you the best by arranging a bed close to the bar and personal assistance, while we still respected the law of not letting a minor into the bar, you were not satisfied with our service. I truly hope you understand that our everything is possible philosophy draws a line within what the law permits. I am truly sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused to you.

Been to ME Cancun? Share your experiences!