“Great hotel don't believe all of the negative reviews” 5 of 5 stars

ME Cancun
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Boulevard Kukulkan, km. 12, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #32 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Mississippi
“Great hotel don't believe all of the negative reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

We are still at ME, leaving in a couple days but I felt I needed to share my thoughts. This hotel is beautiful (we are well traveled and have stayed in cancun many times) modern and trendy. We r here with our child (4years old). There are mostly adults here but a good handful of children. There is music playing at all times but I don't feel this is a "party hotel" if u don't make it be. The food here is on another level - quality is top notch!!!! I've never had food at an all inclusive that is so good, so fresh and so much variety. Yes, u have to make reservations but it's not a big deal. Silk and Salt are our favorite. Beach club and Watergrill are also great. The breakfast buffet is like no other!!!!! You really really get your moneys worth when it comes to this hotel. Oh and the signing thing, no biggie. This is a spanish chain and there are many europeans (something we look like). We love this hotel and recommend it highly for small families or singles.

• Stayed July 2011
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Hernando33,

Thank you very much for posting such as wonderful review about Me, we are a brand that is based on quality and I´m really happy when our guests recognize it, be sure I will share your commentaries with the chef in order to motivate his team. On the other hand I´m so proud to read that your family really enjoy your stay; I hope you come back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Spend a week with my girlfriends,what i love most was the room with a bed on the balcony,that was really the best way to wake up to the ocean breeze.We had the honeymoon suite and the room was really small that was our first negative comment.Secondly the reception officer promised to change our room to a bigger suite as we have talked beforehand and they refused to do so..The bellboys were very very good hey helped us with cabs restaurants clubs and everything else we need instead of asking the concierge or the reception we asked them and they were great.The breakfast is not included and for the price we paid thats not normal.If you are going there for fun time you should avoid this hotel its definitely not a party hoot the club at the lobby is never full! However if you are going for your honeymoon its perfect but for friends gateway avoid.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers and for choosing us as part of a special event. I am so happy to read that you find our staff to go above and beyond and they could help you in any request. On the other hand I would like to tell you that every Friday and Saturday during the day we have the exclusive DJ Party and at night, we have Ladies Night on Firday and Mash Up party on Saturday. I´m sorry that these events was not enough for you, besure your commentary will be taken into deep consideration to future actions.

I hope you can give us another opportunity in the future to change the impression left on you, If I can be of any assistance do not hesitate to contact me.
Woodland Hills, Calif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I read a few reviews on this hotel and have we stayed at a Melia Resort in Costa Rica. No where did I read that this was PARTY PARTY PARTY!! The property was new and nice enough, and we elevated to a Level Loft Suite which is one of the higher Level rooms. Great bathroom, nice furnishings, enough closet space, and a very comfortable bed. This is advertised as an "Adult hotel" but really if you are over 35 and looking to relax, don't bother going here. Sunday night is "Beach Party" and we heard it all night long. The thumping didn't stop until about 2 AM. The next morning at 8:30 workmen were working on the suite above ours and below ours. We had to call the "Level" concierge a couple of times until they stopped. We lucked out since we were booked from Sunday-Thursday. They have parties EVERY night from Thursday-Sunday nights and it sounded like it was right below us even though we were on the 8th floor.
The first night we ate at the Watergrill and we were very worried that the rest of food was going to be as disappointing. Lunches at the Beach House were good and dinner at Silk was good and the service was great the first night and mediocre the next. Service is not consistant throughout the property since most people do not tip so the waiters do not go the extra mile. We "tip" in cash, so our service for the most part was good. We did not eat at SALT since other guests told us that is was like Watergrill.
The elevators are slow and you cannot count on the "arrow" or know if you going to go up or down until you are in and it starts going.
They advertise "Bali Beds" at the pool but omit that there is a $40 charge to use one.
We spent 3 days at the Spa and the treatments were good and the service there was excellent.
Marisol a Level concierge did her best to accomodate us.
This is not the hotel for those that was relaxing quiet vacation.

Room Tip: Elevate to the
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear shell2muchla,

I´m truly sorry to read that we left that impression on you, because we have the yin yang philosophy, this mean that in one side we have the party, the night, the life and on the other the calmness, the spirit and nature; At the hotel we have two zones, one of them call´s Infinity where every Friday and Saturday we have our DJ´s party, the other are the Sea Side Corner and Chill Out Zone, where the only thing you hear are the waves. In addition we have our fitness center, the place where you can take lessons of Pilates, Cardio and Yoga; during the day and night you can go to the Rose Bar Deck where we always have ambiance music. I hope this information could be useful for you and for other travelers. Thank you for sharing your feedbacks.

I hope you can give us another opportunity in the future to change the impression left on you. Is there something you may need do not hesitate to contact me directly to make all the arrangements.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Not only the most beautiful place I have stayed but service like we have never experienced. A staff who treated us more like family rather than just guests!
All inclusive really does mean all inclusive!! The best in food, drinks, entertainment, hotel layout. Choices, choices, choices, What restaurant? Which bar? which pool? and even at 100% occupancy while we were there, there was never any unnecessary waiting or areas that were crowded. Plenty of room to spread out at the pool and other areas. A knowledgeable staff that knows the area and attractions. Everyday assisting with whatever our plans were.
While touring the Mayan Ruins in the Yucatan I became ill. Yucatan and Mexican police escorted my tour bus all the way back to the ME Resort Cancun where I could receive treatment in house in my own room with the house Dr. I feel as though I received better treatment at ME in Cancun than I might of at home in the USA.
ME Cancun, We will never forget you and we will never forget your people! Your World Class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael & Jill

Room Tip: Go Ocean view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of the hotel, we really appreciate when our guests return to your home and continue thinking about us, it makes us feel like part of your incredible experience and we can notice that our service, facilities and quality has a especial value for you. We really thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers in order to give them a different point of view. We hope to host you again near in the future and please if I can be of any help do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My husband and I just got back (June 28-July 2) from Me Cancun for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We are very experienced travelers who have stayed at MANY all inclusives. We LOVED Me! True it's not the typical all inclusive but this is something I have discovered...when you stay at a hotel with an all inclusive "option" then the food and service is so much better! Me Cancun is open for other visitors to come. Most all inclusives are private and therefore have you "trapped" into eating their gross buffets and restaurants. Me Cancun had the best food ever. We ate at Salt, Silk, and had the beautiful and romantic beach barefoot dinner. We were served a 4 course meal in a bali bed in candlelight...amazing!
The service is outstanding! We loved wearing the cute little cord bracelets instead of the big ugly plastic hospital styled bracelets most all inclusives strap on you.
We splurged for "the level" suite and it was worth it. We also got a bali bed everyday we were there. We ate lunch in our bali bed and the coconut shrimp is to die for! We ordered room service for breakfast all but one morning. Breakfast was breakfast...there was plenty to choose from.
The signing was not an issue at all. For the day our bali bed waiter kept a running "tab" and we signed at the very end of the day. The staff did not expect tips either. In fact a couple of times they even said "no, no!" and took the form from us before we could tip! Any pressure is of your own thinking. (we did tip though because the service was that good!)
One thing that was a bit confusing at first was all the reserved signs on all the bali beds. Really they should say "available for reservation." At first we thought they were all taken but after a lovely conversation with the staff we were given our first choice bed. However later the same signs were all over the couches and chairs at the outdoor bar during a jazz night. No one was sitting in ANY of them so we sat thinking maybe it was the same situation and a waiter would come over. We were asked to move to a stool instead because the couch was taken. We moved of course, and no one ever came to the couch. We ended up leaving and checking later because it was uncomfortable to sit without a back. Not a big deal though.
Overall an incredibly romantic, perfect getaway!! GO! Seriously we are trying to figure out when we can go back!

Room Tip: Splurge for a
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My husband and I, along with a large group of friends, stayed here for a friends wedding. We have stayed at multiple properties throughout Cancun & the Mayan, so know what to expect and not expect when staying at a resort

Pros:
Food was fantastic, really high quality, and great tasting. Sushi was phenomenal! The only great service we had was in Silk, I wish I could remember the older gentleman who served us, he was fantastic!
Beach was incredible, soft sand, warm water, relatively quiet
Gym: Satisfactory, and there was water available
Location: Close to the airport, and easy to get to!
Pool: We really enjoyed the pool, it was clean, and we always managed to get an area for all our friends

Cons:
-Service: varied from non-existent, to terrible, to mediocre at best. This had the largest effect on our overall impression of the resort. We understood that there were still some growing pains from switching to all-inclusive, but there is A LOT of improvement needed.

-Bartenders were overworked, and not helpful. There needed to be more bartenders at the swim up bar, as well as the club at night. Twice I waited over 15 min for a bottle of water! Their attitude reflected poorly on the resort.

-Signature policy for EVERYTHING: This was the one thing that truly must go. For example if you want a bottle of water you wait at least 5 min for someone to even look at you, then you ask for your water, then the bartender walks over to computer to punch it in, then prints the receipt, comes back to you for signature (and tip?!), and then takes the signed copy, and maybe, just, maybe will bring you your drink. If they got rid of this signature policy for all-inclusive guests, I GUARANTEE the service would improve, and there would be more happy people.

-Policy about not getting multiple drinks: This was the worst for those travelling in a group. You are not allowed more than 2 drinks at a time, so you can NOT go and get drinks for yourself and friends. There needs to be a way around this

-Mini-Bar in room: The only thing included in the all-inclusive is 2 bottles of water, and 2 mini bottles of corona... and there is not even a bottle opener in the room to open them! They need to at least bulk up the free options, so that people feel like they are getting something!

-Prices: For things not included in the all-inclusive the price is so high! For example a shot of tequila (Don Julio) is $20USD!!!

-Hallway noise: You could hear every little noise in the hallways, either there is no sound-proofing or the doors need to be replaced! The farther away from the elevator the better.

-Internet: Wireless barely works in most of the rooms. This needs to be improved

Overall we got a great deal to stay here, so I feel like we had good value for the price, but until some of the policies change, and the service improves, i would not go back or recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for one that is away from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Carrollton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

After much research we chose the Me for our Cancun vacation spot...GREAT CHOICE!!!!
The service was excellent and by the 2nd day staff knew us by name. Beautiful beach, rooms, and location. The food was above expectation with great choices and well prepared. The drinks are top notch and amazing variety. Pools were a blast. The crowd is young and trendy. No problems with check-in or elevators. Never a boring minute.

Tips: Rent the Bali bed at the adult pool on Friday and Saturdays, well worth the few extra $ to participate in the parties.
Reservations are no problem, just stop in the mornings before / after breakfast and make reservations. It only takes a minute.

Thanks so much to the entire staff for making our trip to Cancun one that we will never forget. I highly recommend this resort to anyone that wants a great Cancun experience. We would return tomorrow if real life didn't get in the way.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear MommiaOhio,

Jaja! Well, we thank you very much for recommending us as the way you did. I am so glad to read that you really enjoy our style and service, I see that you really feel the connection with the Aura of Me. Thank you for recognize the excellent service that all the staff gave you for magnify your experience. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back soon, please contact me for any assistance.

Been to ME Cancun? Share your experiences!