“Modern stylish hotel for a young crowd” 5 of 5 stars

up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #36 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Modern stylish hotel for a young crowd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

We stayed at the Me by Melia hotel in Cancun for one night which was our first night in Cancun before checking in to the hotel we were staying at for the rest of our stay.
The hotel is really modern and contemporary and had a very young trendy feel to it. The room we stayed in was a standard room but had flat screend TV with many american cable channels and BBC world news, the hotel also had wi-fi free of charge which worked perfectly! The room had a mini bar with a wide selection of food & drink but it was a little expensive. The hotel pool area had a swim up bar and a couple of different pools including an infinity pool and played house music through the day. There were also bali beds as well as normal sun loungers for sunbathing on and access straight on to thehotels own private beach.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the hotel and I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone who is young and is holidaying / travelling with friends or in a group as the hotel is aimed at a young trendy crowd looking for a modern stylish hotel in my opinion, as me and my girlfriend are both relatively young in our mid 20's it suited us fine but I would not recommend the hotel for families or anyone of an older generation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Dear sambo_1986,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers in order to give them a broader vision of the Hotel. It´s a pain that you only enjoy for one day our resort, but thank you very much for recommending us. Believe me, it is very regarding when our guests recognized the facilities and the service that Me offers. The next time I hope you can stay with us for a while so you can enjoy our beach and bar parties. Whenever you are coming back do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (851)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

My wife and i just went to ME Cancun for 6 days and 5 night last week May 10 thru 15 along with 8 other couples. Overall the hotel was really really nice we had good service and thought overall the food was good. However if you said would I recommend going I would have to say yes BUT. The reason we choose an all inclusive resort is to make things easy for us on a vacation and the ME Cancun is the lest easy All Inclusive I have ever been too.

The hotel is great, the pools and beach fantastic and we had great service anywhere we went on premise, the SPA is really nice but pricey. The room was nice and clean the front desk responsive and helpful, most of the issues some have pointed out we just didnt see. However, and maybe this is just us but we had to think too much all week. On what bed to rent or what we could order and what to tip on each signed bill (this was the biggest thought provoker for the group, we had hundreds of dollars of tips on our room bill at the end of the 6 days). Could I go into this bar and get included drinks when the one outside the door would cost me extra and which one had which dress code. The 5$ room service fee per person.

ME will need to decide if it wants to be all inclusive or not. If it is then go all in because the resort itself is fantastic just make it easier. I want to stress this did not ruin our vacation, everyone had a great time and loved the resort itself but in the end compared to the other places we have been it just added a little un-neccessary pain.

Places like RIU Palace are nice and you dont have to think as much so I would reccomend going to someplace like that until ME gets out from the in-between world it lives in now.

Dear ungacouple13,

Thank you very much for taking part of your valuable time for sharing you experience with other travelers trough Trip Advisor. I´m deeply sorry to read that we couldn’t bring you the correct information about tips, bali beds and the inclusions that you had. I´m so sorry if these inconveniences caused you any trouble during your stay, be sure I will meet with Concierge in order to verify the information provided to ensure that everyone has the correct one and situations like this do not happen again. I hope you can bring us another opportunity in the future to change the impression left on you. If I can be of any help do not hesitate to contact me.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

My trip with friends to Cancun, Mexico was exactly what needed to escape the grid of New York. Me was the perfect cure! The property had a seamless check-in and very friendly safe. For an all-inclusive property the food was absolutely delicious, my favorite restaurants were Salt and Silk.

We were on the beach everyday and our server Carlos was amazing and tended to our every request. I would definitely return to Me Cancun and would be very interested in the Me properties around the world. I highly recommend. “Me was for me!”

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to start by saying big thanks for posting such a nice review. It is by comments such as yours that we are encouraged to continue offering experiences beyond mere accommodation. On the other hand thank you very much to recognize de labor done by Carlos, be sure I will share your commentary with him because for our staff is very motivated to know that the guests recognized their work. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers in order to give them a broader vision of our establishment and service. I hope you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

Just got back from ME Cancun -amazing. Spent the weekend with friends and it turned out to be the perfect hotel. The hotel's size is great--big but not intimidating. Grounds are perfectly manicured and the pool options are better than all the other hotels we saw in Cancun. A massive pool with swim up bar and two other pools--an infinity and another pool in the adults only area, also with swim up bar. The Complete ME all-inclusive package was great--food was BY FAR better than any of the other all-inclusives the group had stayed at. The variety of restaurants made it easy for us to not get tired of it. We had dinner at a different restaurant every night and everything was on point. We did have to make reservations in advance but once we got there it was easy, seamless. Tables always ready and service wasnt slow at all. Was surprised at some of the slow service comments as it was on point. Only a bit slow on beach area but once you find a server you can take care of him and he will make sure drinks come your way non-stop. Drinks were also amazing and premium quality. You order vodka and you get Absolut, not a cheap vodka youve never heard of. And they had every Absolut flavor. One of the employees told us he has worked at many all-inclusives and this is the first one where the liquor is top quality. Lobby was great, the rose bar fun with something different every night and the hotel was chic, sophisticated and just on-point. Our expectations were exceeded and we recommend it to everyone who wants to avoid cheesy all-inclusive that fits the traditional resort category with square pool, crappy lounge chairs and poor service. This is the way to go. Our friends also walked the beach strip and said this was the nicest and best hotel they saw around--definitely the one with a cool scene and the good looking people. And the music in the public areas was great at all times. Def check it out.

Room Tip: Book a suite category that has an outdoor terrace
Dear I_want_vacay_now,

I really appreciate such a wonderful review of our Resort, it´s by comments such as yours that we are encouraged to continue working very hard to provide you the best vacations ever and exceed your expectations, happily I see we do it. Thank you too for recommending us as you did trough Trip Advisor and for sharing your experience with other travelers. We will be waiting for you, whenever you are coming back do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

This hotel was probably one of the most gorgeous hotels I have ever stayed at. I look out of my room window and the fabulous pool and the ocean are just breath taking.

The problem we had was, we arrived at 1 but could not check in until 3. They kept our bags while we had lunch, went to check in at 3 and had to wait for the bags. In the meantime the conceirge called us downstairs to try to sell what sounded like a time share. Mind you at this point we had travelled from very early hours and wanted to go to the beach. We had yet to enjoy anything.
The next annoyance was everytime we ordered a drink we had to sign for it even though we were wearing a bracelet for inclusive. We would get the receipt before we got the drink. I would like to see this go away. I literally would go somewhere else to avoid this portion.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking part of your valuable time to share your Experience with Me and with other travelers. I am so happy to read that you find our resort so gorgeous and pleasurable. In regards to your commentary about the sign checks I would like to tell you that this procedure is for an internal control, because we have products in rooms, restaurants and bars which have an additional fee and for your own safety we need to be sure that nobody else are charging into your bill. I´m deeply sorry that we couldn’t bring you the correct information about this situation; I hope this information can be useful for you and for other travelers. Thanks again and please if I can be of any help do not hesitate to contact me. Best Regards
Beloit, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

We just returned home from the ME in Cancun and after reading a lot of reviews i had very mixed emotions on wether or not our stay was going to be a good one or a bad one. I must say the people that wrote negative reviews about this place are either crazy or nothing in the world makes them happy because this resort was 5 star all the way and was perfect for the 5 days we stayed there. Here is what I can tell you. From the moment you step in the door you are made to feel special. We arrived at the hotel around 1:30 pm and check in was not til 3. Not a problem. We checked in early with out any hesitation from the staff. while we were checking in we got a complimentary champagne to welcome us to the ME. Our check in only took maybe 5 minutes at the most and we didn't even have to take our luggage to the room. It was brought to us by some bell hops.
The pools were magnificent. we spent a couple days in the big pools where the swim up bar was and we spend a couple days in the adults only pool. Both were great. there are some bali beds that you can rent but there were also a lot of beds that were free of charge and we had no troubles getting one when ever we needed them. One day we didn't get out to the pool until 10 or 11 and there was still some left and one day not til 2 in the afternoon and we still got one. one day we even got a bali bed that was supposed to cost 45 bucks a day for nothing because it was later in the day and i am guessing they would rather have someone in it than it sitting empty. either way it was a good deal for us.
The staff in this place was just wonderful. I don't remember a staff person that we greeted that didn't say hi or something to us to make us feel at home. It really was remarkable how friendly the staff was. Marco at the Beach house was amazing and very friendly. we liked him a lot. But there was one waiter that stood out and shined more than any other. Joel was absolutely amazing. He was either a server at the rose bar or at the pool the whole time we were there and where ever he was we went because he was very personable and friendly and always knew our drinks and if we wanted something different to try he would just bring something to us and he never missed on the selections because we loved everything he brought us. Joel should definatly get a raise. He was great.
The food was excellent at all the restraunts at the hotel. The beach house had the best filets we had ever eaten and Silk was really wonderful with having the cooks that will cook your meal in front of you and the fried rice was to die for. even liked the sushi there. Salt was very romantic and smaller portion sizes but was still fabulous!! The water grill was closed for some reason while we were there so we were a little disappointed in that since we didn't get to eat there but everything else was so good it really didn't matter to us.
The rooms were very nice and loved the beds.....very comfy. They kept the mini bar stocked every day for us and there is only a few things in there that you can drink with out it costing extra but no biggie since everything in the place was free anyways. They do stop serving drinks for free at midnight and you do have to sign for everything you get to eat and drink but that didn't bother us to much either because they have a USD equivilant that shows how much it would have been so it was fun to see how much we spent along the way. I Loved ME and we are already talking about another trip but maybe next time to ME Cabo. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone that is in their 30's and would like to have a good time. It was fabulous and we didn't want to leave. We would have loved to stay another couple of nights. I would say the only negative is having to tip everyone. you might as well set aside 100 or 150 usd for tips because everyone expects it. Kind of sucks because it is supposed to be all inclusive but it wasn't that big of deal.

Room Tip: we got our room through expedia
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for posting such a beautiful and objective review of our resort. It is by comments such as yours that we are encouraged to continue offering experiences beyond mere accommodation. I am really happy to read that you enjoy our pools and all the facilities that Me offers; thank you too for recognizing the work done by Marco and Joel during your stay, be sure we will share your commentaries with them. In regards to your commentary about the tips I would like to tell you that tipping is not required, depends on the guest and the service we have provided, that’s the reason why we leave it into your consideration. I ask you an apology for not providing the correct information about this. I hope this situation has not interfered with your holidays. Thank´s again and be sure that we are going to be working to continue offering one of the best vacations ever. If I can be of any assistance do not hesitate to contact me.
Kitchener, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I'm not one to write reviews but I have to do justice to the excellent service we had at the ME. Like most people, I had read the bad reviews some people gave this place and I have to say I was a bit skeptical, but that all changed the minute I walked in the front door. Service, staff, cleanliness, atmosphere, amenities, all in all: above and beyond what I had expected! If you're looking for a hip and chic experience, I recommend the ME all the way. Food was great. Don't read those bad reviews that ppl choose to leave. Do your research, it pays off, trust ME! Want to go back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Trust ME!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Dear SnookyJo,

Thank you very much for recommending us as the way you did, it is very encouraging when our guests recognize the work and effort that we do at Me every day for satisfied all our guests. We really appreciate your feedback and please whenever you are coming back do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Been to ME Cancun? Share your experiences!