“Another great week at this Resort!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Great Parnassus Resort and Spa

You added Great Parnassus Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Great Parnassus Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km. 16.9 Lote 52-04 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #68 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
“Another great week at this Resort!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from Oct 2 until Oct 9. This was my 4th time and my wife's 5th. We had an ocean view room on the 6th floor ( Fantastic. Thank you Federico). From the beautiful sunrise in the morning to the evening drinks at the Atlantis bar our vacation was outstanding. And now I would like to mention a few people that work there who made it the usual great time.
Breakfast- Lucio (non stop energy). Got our coffee and OJ every morning and always a smile.
Umberto ( The Captain) always a good morning and there to make sure everything was good.
The Pool- Tere (pool waitress ) for always keeping our glasses full.
Bongo bar- Raul and Guillermo, great margarita's.
Samoa bar- Emilo, knew what we were drinking after one trip.
Bora Bora snack bar- to the cooks behind the counter. Great wings, burgers and chicken fingers.
Food and Beverage Manager- Elpedio, thank you so much for the dinner in the French restaurant and the breakfast in Sanctorum( 10th floor). You and your staff are to be commended for the way you treat your guests. This is the reason we keep coming back.
Atlantis bar- Ceasar, our favorite bartender. Always with a smile and the pleasure to serve you. The perfect way to end our day.
Bell boys- Luis and Christian, always a good morning and a smile.
Manager- Federico, always very attentive to the guests needs. Perfect person to manage this resort.
Hope to see you all in February,
Jeff and Judi

Room Tip: Bring a insulated cup or mug with you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Parnassus2011, Chief Concierge at Great Parnassus Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Jeff and Judi,

Thank your for choosing the Great Parnassus Resort & Spa as your home in Cancun, it has been a true pleasure to welcome you back and serve you once more.
All of your comments and kind words for the staff is very rewarding for our hard work, this motivates us in our daily work to keep going beyond to exceed your expectations.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in February and visits to come to the Great Parnassus.

Zazil Roca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is an average resort. It looks nice and is clean. Our check in was pretty slow (30 min. on a Saturday afternoon and only 1 person in front of us). The front desk staff was friendly and helpful all throughout our stay. Our room was rather large! The bed was harder than my liking, but I slept good still. Our balcony door did not lock/unlock properly. Good thing my husband was in the room while I was on balcony or I would have been locked out! The staff at the restaurants are absolutely amazing! Shout out to Marco and Lucio in Magnus, the buffet, they went above and beyond! The food was average, some did not look very appetizing, but tasted just ok. The Shanghai (Asian food), Manhattan (American), and Portofino (Italian) were better than the buffet, but still just ok. The menu does not change, so if you are here for longer than a week, it would get old. My advice would be to take the free shuttle to the sister resort (Golden Parnassus-adults only) for dinners if possible. The pool was very nice and beach was wonderful. The nightly entertainment was cheesy, but fun. They had volleyball and water polo at pool (and with 3 sections of the infinity pool, you could still swim while games were going on). There was putt-putt and a kids pool, and an adults only pool also. I did not like how only parts of the resort were only for time-share customers (a restaurant on 10th floor and a sports bar). This was not the worst resort I stayed at in Cancun (this was our 3rd trip), but not the best.

Room Tip: Rooms next to Iberostar are a little noisy from air-condition units
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Great Parnassus Resort & Spa as well for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay.
It’s been a true pleasure to serve you during your vacation, all the good comments we receive due to our good service are very motivational and helpful for us to keep working with heart and passion for you to live a Great experience.
We appreciate your feedback regarding to our food options and night entertainment, this will be considered for further improvements.
Do not hesitate to come back to the Great Parnassus, and this time provide you the best vacation experience in Cancun.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Ok, Let me first say that I just made just it home from The Great Parnassus in Cancun, Mexico and over all the trip was great. Although there are some some pros and cons that you should know.

Pros: The location is perfect and beautiful.
The guest services, houskeepers, and servers where GREAT!! (view cons)
The Michael Jackson Impressionis show was great.
The beach was clean (view cons).
The pools area was clean.
The hotel and the room was very nice. (view cons).
This place is great for a family.
The kids club was great and really safe (view cons).
They had different culture of foods to choose from (view cons).
In all, I would take a few vacations back there in the future...

Cons: The hotel send you to a time share meeting and (Keren) and other people that is involved in trying to get your credit card or bank information are not nice people when you say no to what they're trying to sell you. Don't get me wrong. The deal sounded wonderful, however they wanted $3,000+ right then and there. That would give us 50 vacations excluding plane tickets. My wife and I was not going to give our credit and/or bank information to people in another country. So you can decide if you like to do that or not.

Although the beach was clean. There were local people there trying to sell you things. You say no to one and the another person shows up trying to sell you something. I said no to the same different people several times. They stop asking me when I offer $1.00 for whatever they was selling...lol. DO NOT EAT OUTSIDE!!!!! The ocean birds will bully you to move or throw your food away. When you throw your food away throw it inside the trash. Don't leave it out on tables because they will sworm your plate.

The pool area was clean, however some lounge chairs smells of unrine. Ask a sever to clean it for you or move to another area of the pool. Don't lose your towel card. It will cost you $60.00 if you lose it. 1 card per visitor. you get your card back after returing your towel.

The Micheal Jackson Impressionist was great, howevere Wednesday is the only time you can see it and that is the only entertainment at the hotel... They should have other show or activies and that's the only activity available for you and your family... Nothing else

The Great Parnassus is a beautiful resort. Housekeeping came by every morning but the bathroom was not clean... Please use their safe inside your room to lock up your money, passports, phones, I-pads ect.... You ill be the only someone with the key during your stay there.

The kids club is wonderful... They open at 9am and closes at 5p.m. we had 5 childen with us. The 1,2, and 4ys old kids the club feeds them all the while they are there. But if the kids are older like 5yr old or older. You will have to come back to the club to feed them. The water castle slides can't be used by ANY KID without an adult and it's in the kids club.

Let me say I first I respect mexican culture and it's people. Although they had different cultures of food to choose from... All the food was terrible. the fruit wasn't sweet, juices taste very watered down, bread tasted days old, and meats tasted spoiled (Hamburger, hotdogs,and hot wings was just awful... The hotel has a purifier

Ok, the last impotant thing this doesn't have anything to do with the resort. DON'T CHANGE YOUR MIND AFTER BOARDING A TRANSIT BUS IN CANCUN!!!! THE BUS DRIVER WILL NOT LET YOU OFF WITHOUT PAYING.. ONLY CARRY U.S. CURRENCY. UNLESS YOU KNOW HOW TO CACULATE PASOS WITH U.S. CURRENCY.
Be prepaired to be harrassed by mechants that will follow you while at the Straw Market.
All the merchandies is U.S. prices.So don't expect Mexico cheap price.

I uploaded videos on youtube entitled Great Parnassus October 2013!!! Check it out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review of the Great Parnassus Resort & Spa, we appreciate you to take the time to share with us your feedback.
All of our guests truly enjoy our beach location and pool grounds. Families especially take advantage of our Kids Club and Baby Club, where our professional and well trained team takes care of your little ones while you can enjoy a relaxing time on your vacation. With a playground and activities to cater all the kids.
We appreciate you to recall your respect for the Mexican culture, and we apologize if our culinary offerings were not up to your expectations, all of our guests comments are valuable for us, therefore these last few months we have improved the quality of our food & beverage selection, we have changed and added new features to some of our menus; all this has been made thinking in you.
We will be grateful to have the opportunity to welcome you back, to present you our improvements.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Okay well I stayed here for 2 weeks Oct 2-Oct 15th with my 19 year old daughter. Upon check in was told we were upgraded to VIP which was cool but was not sure what that entitled us to. We booked a Lagoon suite and was supposed to get wine, fruit basket and robes, along with the lagoon cruise and in suite dinner. But there was no wine, no fruit basket and No robes. Plus we didn't even have the mini bar/fridge that came with the room. So here I was complaining the very first day.
Not going to go into great detail about this trip as it had many ups and downs. Definately think that the restaurants should be open later and with more than 2 to choose from per night. The pools also should be open later. The best part of this resort has got to be the entertainment staff. They put on great shows and are really helpful in many ways. David was an exceptionally polite and nice person. When we came home from being away from the resort he always greeted us with a smile and asked about our day. Overall I'm not sure if I would stay at this resort again as I think there were more cons than pros unfortunately. If I could take the entertainment staff to another resort then I would go there. It actually seemed that the front end people, concierage, front desk and guest services were lacking in hospitality compared to all the other staff. You know the ones who actually try to make your stay the best possible. We decided that for our Mexico destination of choice would have to be going back to the RIU Emerald Bay in Mazatlan. Overall a much nicer and friendlier resort and even the locals aren't as pushing as we found them to be in Cancun. I would recommend staying at this resort only if you see more positive comments than negative. And if you do stay here, say a hello to David on the entertainment staff from Tara from Canada. CHEERS!!

Room Tip: Definately go with the ocean front rooms. Spectacular views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tara,

Thank you for staying at the Great Parnassus Resort & Spa. It was a pleasure to serve you throughout your two week stay in the Resort.
We truly appreciate your kind words for our entertainment staff and their work, we value them as we know our staff is our most valuable asset.
Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences faced during your stay, especially if this made you spend uncomfortable moments during your vacation.
Do not hesitate to come back to the Great Parnassus Resort & Spa, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and provide you our best service.

Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I read many of the reviews on here prior to choosing this hotel and tried to go in the middle and not extremes of what people said - it couldn't be that bad. (Be sure to read SAFETY below.)

Well, it is and isn't. Part of it one must understand is that during low season, not all of the restaurants operate at dinner time...so yes, you have to choose between 2 and not 5 or 11. Magnus which makes up most of the restaurants is your basic mall food court. They have booths for sushi, pasta, poultry, mexican, grill, salads, deli, etc and that's your only choice for breakfast lunch. (They serve breakfast items from the same booths).

That said, the dinner restaurants weren't bad. Certainly the dinner buffet seems to be a rehash of what was offered at lunch time (all in one place). NYC was standard food fare. Samurai the Japanese place - food was delish the first night, then wasn't so good the second time around. We were wondering if there was contention going on in the open kitchen area.

The room...We were upgraded to a family room (for 2 people). We were told it had more room than the standard we booked. Not sure if it was more room or just the inclusion of bunk beds that provided more room. We never saw the size of the standard. The room was roomy none the less. No desk, so if you came to work - forget about it. The TV accepted HDMI and VGA which was helpful to playback our own movies/etc. The bed was surprisingly comfy. I like soft mattresses. This was a brick, but I slept well - with enough pillows provided in the room.

The food...We landed at noon, at lunch at Magnus...I had chicken enchiladas and plastic. Yup. Found a nice long piece of plastic bag (top) in the food I was chewing. I don't know if it was psychosomatic or what, but I was extremely sick that evening. At one point my SO inquired about med-evac. I wasn't that bad, but there was concern. After several hours and trips for both ends to settle, I was fine by the next morning.

Resort...The resort was averagely nice. It was what I expected from reading the reviews. Not elegant, not luxurious, but sensible and functional. The pools - very nice. The secluded adults only pool - closes too early (5pm) (few people use, but still...adults). The spa and secluded hot tub(?) was nice. Nothing fancy again - nice and right for the price.

The food...part 2. The day before we were returning home, the SO got sick before dinner. Fever, chills - not the typical 'revenge' one thinks of. 4 hours later I too started getting ill. We were stable for the trip home. We never ate off resort and only in the restaurants and room service.

Safety...Safety doesn't exist at this hotel and to be far, maybe not in Mexico. It's likely they do not have the same building codes for emergency lighting among other things.
During our stay, there was a power failure around 9pm and lasted for 30-40 minutes. there were no emergency lights in the rooms, open hall, stairwells, etc...The only lights were from people's cell phones and thru windows of the nearby hotel (with power). Going down 6 flights of stairs in near pitch black darkness - barefooted....not what I was counting on. Did the staff ever acknowledge the failure, the safety, concerns, during or after the failure? No. Guests were left on their own, to their own devices, with or without lights.

Having stayed there, would we stay at this hotel again? Probably not. This was our 5th trip to Cancun and this is probably the lowest cost place we have stayed. Next time we'll try to find something more in between what we've done in the past (Beach Palace, etc) and this place.

Room Tip: Ocean front or lagoon front are the best rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Great Parnassus Resort & Spa. We appreciate you to take the time to share your experience with us.
Our gastronomical offering features more than 6 restaurants for dinner, even if they’re not open every night at the time, there are at least 2 options for dinner, plus Magnus and 24hrs. room service.
By this way I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the incident of the power failure, this kind of circumstances are not always in our hands to control, however, be sure that our team works hard to solve every issue in the Resort, with safety procedures.
We are sorry for not having the opportunity to welcome you back for another vacation at the Great Parnassus.

Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Check-in was super quick. Eddy at the reception was very friendly and very patient
Veronica Lawson at the pool bar was very welcoming every time we asked for a drink
The entertainment staff was awesome. I liked Angie and the other guys who performed on stage. Nice selection of shows every night
Excellent room service
Samurai has awesome spring rolls

Cons: Have some more options at night for vegetarian. Only one day out of the seven days there was only Big Ben that was open which had no vegetarian option. Had to rely on room service on that day

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Great Parnassus Resort & Spa to spend your family vacation, we are very glad to know that you and your kinds enjoy of a fun and pleasant stay in the Resort.
We appreciate your suggestion regarding to our food selection for vegetarians, this will be considered to work on with our kitchen’s team.
We hope to welcome you back for another great vacation at the Great Parnassus.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

we stayed from the 26th - 4th September / October 2013 we really enjoyed it,

staff were very polite and kind very attentive.

Amelio in the downstairs bar was lovely always helping us and always smiling he got on very well with my partners father which was lovely i couldnt fault him.

fernando who was in the adult pool bar was also amazing he was very fun and kept us all entertained throughout the day up there.
we even went back another day to see him but he had been moved to work in another part of the hotel and we couldnt find him then! which was a shame!!

we would com eback just for them 2 staff!!

the food was nice fresh for you.
big ben was lovely i would definatley recommend the fillet steak

also if staying here try out the sister hotel golden parnassus (ADULT ONLY)

we love it there we spent a couple of days there.
the shanghai or whatever its called resteraunt near the pool was to die for.

overall really enjoyed it just wish we stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Great Parnassus Resort & Spa, we are glad to know that you truly enjoyed your stay at the Great as well as at the Golden Parnassus, our Adults Only, sister Resort.
We definitely feel honored and delighted when our gusts acknowledge our staff due to a great service provided.
Don’t miss a chance to come back to your new home in Cancun.

Zazil Roca

Been to Great Parnassus Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!