My husband is an airline pilot so we are seasoned travelers. We have stayed at a much fancier hotel in Cancun before but liked this hotel for the following reasons: the location (5 min. bus ride / 45 min. walk to downtown), the surf at the beach is calm so it's great for swimming, and it's a good value for the $. The key is to have realistic expectations knowing that you get what you pay for.
There were several kinks in our room: hair on sheets, trouble w/hot water and a loud fan in bathroom but each time we called they sent someone to rectify the problem quickly. The key is to stand up for yourself and they will make things right. Reception desk personnel weak, but wait staff at restaurant and bars very congenial & service very good. We liked the beach & there were plenty of lounge chairs although they weren't that comfy. Beach had seaweed but they had a fellow raking it up. You must keep in mind here you are paying a fraction of the price of many hotels in Cancun. We had 3 nights on EP and 2 nights on Priority Points with All Inclusive. If you don't have food included we recommend you hop the bus to downtown to eat more economically. The All Inclusive food was generally good, especially breakfast w/Mexican choices (quesadillas) as well as American . Free WIFI in rooms. After this we moved to the Hilton where they nickle and dime you for everything. Although the level of service there is higher you pay a lot more and it made us appreciate the value of this hotel. Warning: noisy around pool area at night (at least on a Sat. night) with music. If you're not partiers (we aren't) take along ear plugs or ask for a room away from the pool. We are planning to return to this hotel because of the location, nice beach for swimming (many beaches at other parts of Cancun have very rough surf) and the general value it offers for a "quickie" trip. I love to shop at Mercado 28 downtown and enjoyed being so close to town here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **** ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE**** KIDS FREE UNDER 12 Beautiful BEACH FRONT Hotel, Mediterranean style, perfect for couples and families. Located in front of the calm Cancun beaches. Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas with the best location in the Hotel Zone with a warm environment, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a walk way that brings you a gorgeous view, that goes from Cancun downtown to the heart of the Hotel Zone, where night clubs, shopping mall and restaurants are located. The Hotel offers All Inclusive Plan and European Plan, beautiful and comfortable rooms with ocean or lagoon view, quality service and four star facilities. Your all inclusive package includes: - Comfortable rooms with Internet access, hairdryer, safe deposit box, iron & ironing board, TV cable, voice mail system, alarm clock and coffee maker. - All meals at the International buffet Restaurant. - Snacks next to the pool - Italian Specialties a La Carte for dining option & The Ocean Grill Tequila a'La Carte' (Reservation required) - Domestic Drinks at the Lobby bar, Pool Bar and the Theater Bar. - Room service (limited menu and hours) - daily activity program and night entertainment. - kids Club - Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Arenas Cancun