This hotel is at the beginning of the hotel zone, which is actually quite far from the "action" or Cancun. If you want to be in the middle of it all, don't stay here. It's a 10-15 minute public bus ride into the main part of the tourist area. Buses come fairly often but if you want to take a taxi it's over 100 pesos.
The room - there was mould behind the headboards of the beds and in the bathroom. The shower water smelled like rotten eggs and had very little water pressure. I found it frustrating trying to wash my hair! However, the beds themselves were comfy. There was free Wi-Fi in the room but it didn't always work and sometimes we had to go to the lobby to use it.
I HATE the wristband system and it frustrated me that I couldn't get breakfast without wearing it. The staff gave me the third degree about not having it on. They should get rid of these altogether. Don't get me started on breakfast, it was OK but certainly nothing to write home about. The man cooking the omelets was very friendly.
The pools and pool areas were always full of noisy kids and never a sunbed spare. The beach itself was nice (i.e. sand was clean etc) however there was so much seaweed and an oily film on the top of the water so we didn't swim in it.
After two nights we moved to a much nicer hotel right in the "action" of Cancun and it turned our time there around completely. There are probably 100 better hotels to stay at in Cancun and I wouldn't stay here with so much choice available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **** ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE**** KIDS FREE UNDER 12 Beautiful BEACH FRONT Hotel, Mediterranean style, perfect for couples and families. Located in front of the calm Cancun beaches. Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas with the best location in the Hotel Zone with a warm environment, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a walk way that brings you a gorgeous view, that goes from Cancun downtown to the heart of the Hotel Zone, where night clubs, shopping mall and restaurants are located. The Hotel offers All Inclusive Plan and European Plan, beautiful and comfortable rooms with ocean or lagoon view, quality service and four star facilities. Your all inclusive package includes: - Comfortable rooms with Internet access, hairdryer, safe deposit box, iron & ironing board, TV cable, voice mail system, alarm clock and coffee maker. - All meals at the International buffet Restaurant. - Snacks next to the pool - Italian Specialties a La Carte for dining option & The Ocean Grill Tequila a'La Carte' (Reservation required) - Domestic Drinks at the Lobby bar, Pool Bar and the Theater Bar. - Room service (limited menu and hours) - daily activity program and night entertainment. - kids Club - Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, IHG, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Arenas Cancun