This hotel totally ruined my trip to Cancun and Mexico. As soon as I arrived things went wrong, staying with a friend and they give us double bed even though we requested twin share. Staff couldn't care less, horrible and rude. Stated they had no soare room. They stated they would give us a trundle bed for room, i argued with them that i had paid for twin share and wanted my money back, only then Transferred to a second room which stank of smoke and mould, sticky and damp, aircon not operating, requesting 3 times to get it fixed. On second day we both came down with severe flu, the dampness and mould in air conditioning the definate reason. Poor service, staff rude and abrasive, breakfast was almost in edible and we ate not fussy eaters. Breakfast was included however on the last day a rude waiter demanded that I pay $35 US for hot breakfast of a fried egg and toast! The only time the staff approached you was when they had their hand out for money.
Place is filthy and unwelcoming. We couldn't sleep as doors banging and yelling by maids, also the location of the hotel is a 10-15 min bus ride from the main strip. We couldn't even relax on gne beach with a drink and put it on our room tab, they refused to give room tabs, hassled every 5 mins to pay up and give tips. Staff rudest I've encountered in Mexico. Overall, do not stay here, don't throw your money away, the hotel should be knocked down as far as I'm concerned! Bad bad bad!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **** ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE**** KIDS FREE UNDER 12 Beautiful BEACH FRONT Hotel, Mediterranean style, perfect for couples and families. Located in front of the calm Cancun beaches. Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas with the best location in the Hotel Zone with a warm environment, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a walk way that brings you a gorgeous view, that goes from Cancun downtown to the heart of the Hotel Zone, where night clubs, shopping mall and restaurants are located. The Hotel offers All Inclusive Plan and European Plan, beautiful and comfortable rooms with ocean or lagoon view, quality service and four star facilities. Your all inclusive package includes: - Comfortable rooms with Internet access, hairdryer, safe deposit box, iron & ironing board, TV cable, voice mail system, alarm clock and coffee maker. - All meals at the International buffet Restaurant. - Snacks next to the pool - Italian Specialties a La Carte for dining option & The Ocean Grill Tequila a'La Carte' (Reservation required) - Domestic Drinks at the Lobby bar, Pool Bar and the Theater Bar. - Room service (limited menu and hours) - daily activity program and night entertainment. - kids Club - Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Arenas Cancun