“I really recommend this hotel if you're in Cancun!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #99 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Belmopan, Cayo, Belize
“I really recommend this hotel if you're in Cancun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The service at front desk was great. Friendly and efficient. My stay was well enjoyed!!! I would recommend this place for an all inclusive as they do hv that option available. They have ocean view from the rooms as well.

• Stayed April 2013

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Although my initial room had a leaking air conditioner and broken room safe, I was quickly moved to the adjoining room and everything was fine from that point on. Very comfortable bed and free WiFi was an added bonus!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Firstly, it is a decent drive and very long walk from where all the action is in Cancun. However the bus runs regularly and if splitting a cab between 4 was only about $6US each so no real problem, just depends what you're wanting out of the stay.

The property itself, clean, comfortable, relatively modern and nicely furnished. The on site store is well stocked and quite well priced compared to the rest of Cancun. Staff were friendly and helpful when I needed to organise a cab. Pool and beach location nice and relaxing. The rooms can be a decent walk from the lobby so keep that in mind if staying with a group, you may end up a long way from one another!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Pachuca, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

It did not ruin my honey moon but certainly was the only bad experience of it. The beach is not good at all, rooms are just ok and the shower has the purpose of being eco-friendly but is far the worst I have tried in my life, even compared to much cheaper hotels, the pressure is so high that you can not feel the temperature of the water, it is always kind of cold, the only good thing is the location, it is easy to get in a bus and head to a nicer beach. The price is really high if you consider that you are not actually in the nice part of Cancún (it is at begining of the beach strip, 15-20 min from the nice stuff), the poor and indifferent service, ugly pool and beach and old and tired bedroom. Next time I will spend some extra pesos and really enjoy Cancún.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear jjfu,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I'm deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations. I have noted you valuable comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved for improvement and future upgrades.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Cancun.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was not sure of what to expect when I last-minute booked this property in Cancun. I needed to be close to downtown to run several errands while enjoying my stay in beautiful Cancun, the land of the Maya. I am very familiar with Cancun and most of its hotels both in downtown and in the Hotel Zone, because I have been traveling to Cancun for the past 15 years. My budget was a bit tight this time and because I could not plan ahead of time my options were limited. I totally trusted a local recommendation from a resident and booked the Holiday Inn Arenas located right at the beginning of the Hotel Zone and only five minutes away from downtown Cancun and all of its great bars and shopping malls. I did not book the all-inclusive option because I tend to have reservations on all-inclusive packages (but that’s a totally different review).

When I arrived at the Hotel I asked Alejandro at the front desk to give me a comfortable and pretty room since I was traveling alone (as I often do and love to). He immediately offered a beautiful room with an ocean view. Alejandro was cordial and incredibly professional. My room was spacious, clean and it had a great balcony with an ocean view. The hotel is framed by two small ports where small yachts and boats come and go taking tourists scuba diving and snorkeling so the view of the ocean is a bit blocked but beautiful nonetheless. Nearby, there’s a public beach so locals walk back and forth and local vendors offer a few items for sale at the beach. I personally enjoyed the mix of patrons at this hotel and I have to give them an A- in service. The only reason they don’t get an A+ is due to one of the waiters that tends the snack bar at the beach, who was unprofessional by making a misogynist sexist joke that offended me. Other than this immature jerk, the rest of the service was above average and went beyond my expectation. The hotel’s installations are impeccably clean and the security is tight.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone whose budget is tight and would like to experience a modest, clean and very professional property that includes free WiFi access among its many amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Views they're very quiet and you will be lull to sleep by the sound of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mentor, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Not much to say. O.K. place to sleep. There is no room service menu. You need to go to the dining room and could not order over the phone, (which kinda defeats the concept of room service) to order room service which consists of a pathetic wilted and brown lettuce sandwhich, a club sandwhich with grisley rubberlike meat, or a fruit plate. While ordering, we saw beef tacos leave the resturant, and were told that no, we couldn't order those, and were never really given a reason why not. Hmmmm.... The jacuzzi was dry, no water. Other than the gentleman at the front desk acted helpful, but nothing was ever done about the room service options. We were also told we could eat there, but needed to have reservations one day ahead of time for dinner. Like that was possible as we were only staying one night. We were made to feel uncomfortable, and unwanted. There seemed to be a lot of extra guests of the people staying at the hotel which seemed to account for the busyness. And, that may have contributed to the lack of

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear SmartDiverGal,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed 3 days in this hotel due a business trip to Cancun in May and, to be honest I was surprised, taking in consderation some previous comments I saw at tripadvisor.
The hotel is not in the "touristic area" of Cancun, but is not so far from there -in case you want to find a good restaurant or mall.
The water at the beach in front of the hotel is not blue (it has a clear green color) but is clean, hot and calm. The rooms are quite confortable, the bed is good, There is some noise comming from the pool, but it does not create any problem.
In this hotel you will find several mexican families on vacations - something difficult at the majority of the hotels in the "touristic" Kukulcan Boulevard area.
The price is good, the breakfast is modest but honest, the room is clean, the restaurant could be better but is not so problematic.
My suggestion: if you want to "visit Mexico" when travelling to Cancun, you can consider this hotel - you will be very well received by Mexicans and will feel at home even being several hours away from your country.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view room - the sunset is amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas? Share your experiences!