Stayed at this resort from March 22 - March 26th, room 2302, very large room overlooking the pool and sea. We had the mini kitchen with fridge, sink, 2 burner cook top and microwave. Room was large and very clean, (no mold to be found). The noise around the pool area was a little bit loud, but didn't bother us too much. Lots of locals and kids there, it was spring break.
The Pros: The Staff were so good to us. (we did tip often and treated the employees with lots of smiles and respect as they work very hard to please). A HUGE shout out to Manual and Angel at the lobby bar!! Best ice cold beer and popcorn. Lots of shots of tequilla!! :) The snack bar at the adult pool, wonderful. Eddie kept us very happy with wonderful nachos and drinks. The location of the resort is nice and quiet. Buffet food was OK, go early for breakfast to beat the crowds.
The Cons: The only thing we did not like was the whole "receipt" thing. We are at an all-inclusive and wearing a wrist band. But everytime we ordered something, they had to print out a receipt and we had to sign it!! Not too bad at the lobby bar, but there was not a printer at pool and snack bar, so if you ordered something, it took forever because they had to go back to the lobby to the receipt!! I've never had that at any all-inclusive. Management needs to change that.
A MUST DO: Take the ferry to Isla Mujeles, rent a golf cart and go to "Captain Dulche's Beach Club". A great place to eat and hang out at the beach. Seeing the island by golf cart was a blast!!
We would recommend this Hotel to anyone! Yes, the room walls are thin, but most hotels are! Treat the staff with kindess and tips here and there, and you will be treated like Kings and Queens!! I would return and stay at the Holiday Inn Arenas again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **** ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE**** KIDS FREE UNDER 12 Beautiful BEACH FRONT Hotel, Mediterranean style, perfect for couples and families. Located in front of the calm Cancun beaches. Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas with the best location in the Hotel Zone with a warm environment, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a walk way that brings you a gorgeous view, that goes from Cancun downtown to the heart of the Hotel Zone, where night clubs, shopping mall and restaurants are located. The Hotel offers All Inclusive Plan and European Plan, beautiful and comfortable rooms with ocean or lagoon view, quality service and four star facilities. Your all inclusive package includes: - Comfortable rooms with Internet access, hairdryer, safe deposit box, iron & ironing board, TV cable, voice mail system, alarm clock and coffee maker. - All meals at the International buffet Restaurant. - Snacks next to the pool - Italian Specialties a La Carte for dining option & The Ocean Grill Tequila a'La Carte' (Reservation required) - Domestic Drinks at the Lobby bar, Pool Bar and the Theater Bar. - Room service (limited menu and hours) - daily activity program and night entertainment. - kids Club - Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Arenas Cancun