Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas. Had an Oceanfront smoking room (only on the balcony). Very clean and the bed was comfortable. Amenities in the room were very good but did not have a fridge in the room, which would have been very welcome.
This is an all inclusive resort, so you have to book the specialty restaurants on arrival. The italian was the best to eat at we found. The buffet food was ok, I would not rave about it, but for the price it satisfied our means. All alcohol was included (except the high end stuff) so we lived on beer, pina coladas and margaritas, yum. The breakfasts were very good, with a chef cooking eggs and omellettes to order. The buffet can get very busy in the morning so I suggest you have breakfast early rather than around 9.00am. I found some of the staff had an attitude problem and if you did not tip them their service was lousy. We are Australians so tipping for us does not come naturally, and I tend to tip for excellent service not just to get a fresh cup of coffee.
The beach area was very clean and there is also an adult pool which was quite relaxing.
This hotel is a 15-20 minute ride to a large shopping mall. Taxis were convenient as well. When you arrive at the airport go to the taxi desk just before you leave the terminal and they will quote you the price to the hotel and if you book a return trip it will work out cheaper buying it this way.
There is a tour desk in the hotel lobby and the prices were on par with other hotels.
This area of Cancun was a lot quieter than further up where all the larger hotel chains are and the beaches are more crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **** ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE**** KIDS FREE UNDER 12 Beautiful BEACH FRONT Hotel, Mediterranean style, perfect for couples and families. Located in front of the calm Cancun beaches. Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas with the best location in the Hotel Zone with a warm environment, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a walk way that brings you a gorgeous view, that goes from Cancun downtown to the heart of the Hotel Zone, where night clubs, shopping mall and restaurants are located. The Hotel offers All Inclusive Plan and European Plan, beautiful and comfortable rooms with ocean or lagoon view, quality service and four star facilities. Your all inclusive package includes: - Comfortable rooms with Internet access, hairdryer, safe deposit box, iron & ironing board, TV cable, voice mail system, alarm clock and coffee maker. - All meals at the International buffet Restaurant. - Snacks next to the pool - Italian Specialties a La Carte for dining option & The Ocean Grill Tequila a'La Carte' (Reservation required) - Domestic Drinks at the Lobby bar, Pool Bar and the Theater Bar. - Room service (limited menu and hours) - daily activity program and night entertainment. - kids Club - Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Arenas Cancun