Will start with giving them 5* for the free WI-FI in all rooms and all over the hotel. Well done, about time ALL Resorts gave you FREE WI-FI.
On Arrival I was told they were fully booked on Standard rooms (at time of booking this was the only room I could book) and would give me an up-grade, and I was happy to take the up-grade. But when he gave me my room key and all the information he said Room Only.!! I said NO its All Inclusive I have, he went to my booking conformation and was looking at it I pointed to where it said all inclusive. He was on the phone for about 15 minutes then came back to me and said that he could not get anyone to change my booking at this time from RO to AL and if I come down in the morning and tell them it would be changed.
I said to him I have been up from 04.00AM on the 7th Jan and it was now 21.30PM Mexico time, if you put the 6 hours on that was taken off when flying from the UK to Mexico it was 03:30AM for me, nearly 24 hours traveling. I said I needed something to eat and drink. I was told give him my credit card and they would add credit to my room so I could get something to eat and drink and it would be refunded back to me when I see them in the morning. As I was about to leave reception they said wait, we will give you another up-grade and offered me 3 up-grades, I got room 1401 sea view and on the 4th floor and had a great view, and it was so easy to get to you can see the lift you use from the reception desk, within 5 minutes or less I was in my room. When I got to my room I got in touch with British Airways with the Free WI-FI and told them that they said I was on a room only and not all inclusive. When I got up in the morning I had an email from British Airways saying they had spoken to the Hotel and everything was sorted.
The staff where ALL very friendly, the room service was very good available from 10:00 to 22:30, the food at the pool side restaurant was very good, as for the per booking restaurant’s I could not tell you what the food was like as I never used them. But at breakfast don’t ask for an English breakfast as the only thing you will get is a fried egg. They have NO fried sausages, black pudding, beans, fried tomatoes, or Mushrooms, and don’t ask for a Boiled or Poached egg as you will get a NO as well. Only on one day did they have cheerios’ and I think the other cereal was coco pops, all the other days it was frosties and coco pops. The breakfast Lunch and dinner was all Spanish orientated food. One thing they do need to look at, no matter what time you went for lunch or dinner, if you were in as they opened the doors or 30 minutes later or at last thing some of the food was cold and should have been piping hot.
Hotel was very clean and tidy and very bright, rooms where very clean and the one I was in very big, but had a small balcony, but they could do with putting a fridge in all the rooms, I think some have and some don’t the room is big enough to put one in. If you go to the 3rd floor they have an ice machine in the wall just press the button and fill up your ice bucket. They are putting in a new 2nd lift in at reception and its all glass.
The beach gets stuff washed up onto it but they have someone there all day cleaning it up if they get any washed up onto the beach, it’s like a coconut fibre that’s washed up. The waves are not very big most days the sea is very smooth even if there is a strong wind. If the hotel is busy they run out of beach recliners.
When you order ANYTHING you have to give your room number and they bring you a slip that you have to sign, or if you are at the bar they will keep add to your slip till you leave the bar then hand you the slip to sign, does not matter if you’re on RO or AI.
If you go out of the Hotel there are plenty buses passing to take you further down into the town as there are a lot of shopping centres and a duty free shopping centre, bars and all kinds of restaurants.
Most of the hotel guests where Spanish speaking, heard some from USA, UK, and Australian but not many.
Would I go back!!! Yes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **** ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE**** KIDS FREE UNDER 12 Beautiful BEACH FRONT Hotel, Mediterranean style, perfect for couples and families. Located in front of the calm Cancun beaches. Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas with the best location in the Hotel Zone with a warm environment, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a walk way that brings you a gorgeous view, that goes from Cancun downtown to the heart of the Hotel Zone, where night clubs, shopping mall and restaurants are located. The Hotel offers All Inclusive Plan and European Plan, beautiful and comfortable rooms with ocean or lagoon view, quality service and four star facilities. Your all inclusive package includes: - Comfortable rooms with Internet access, hairdryer, safe deposit box, iron & ironing board, TV cable, voice mail system, alarm clock and coffee maker. - All meals at the International buffet Restaurant. - Snacks next to the pool - Italian Specialties a La Carte for dining option & The Ocean Grill Tequila a'La Carte' (Reservation required) - Domestic Drinks at the Lobby bar, Pool Bar and the Theater Bar. - Room service (limited menu and hours) - daily activity program and night entertainment. - kids Club - Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Arenas Cancun