Checked in for only one night on September 5th - super slow and inept check-in. Wrong room, could not get credit card machine to 'work" had to scrounge together a nights stay in pesos and usd. But they still managed to double charge us, once in cash and on our credit card. So now we are in the process of disputing the additional charges.Thank god i had the foresight to go back and request a reciept for the cash we paid.
Booked as all inclusive. It was a joke - no room service menu- the selection was- hamburger,hotdog, salad,quesdellia(cheese only),fruit and nachos!!!!! Really..see photo of menu. Food was nasty and to top it off the waiter forgot to tell the cook to prepare our frozen hamburgers.
Room was DISGUSTING! stunk like mold and dirty(see photos). TV was terrible, old broken and small (decent selection of channels) and no remote control. Furniture and walls were dirty and beat up. The bathroom was the worst we have ever seen in a Holiday Inn. PLEASE SEE PHOTOS!!!
Additionally; this was also the loudest room we have had the displeasure to stay in. Doors slamming, people talking, kids screamimg, running and the bar music banged through the sliding doors till the early a.m. ( Note : This was NOT during spring break or high season)
We were just grateful that we only had to stay one night. As Platnium Elite members we stay with IHG brands all the time and this is the worst experience we have ever had with one of thier brand hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **** ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE**** KIDS FREE UNDER 12 Beautiful BEACH FRONT Hotel, Mediterranean style, perfect for couples and families. Located in front of the calm Cancun beaches. Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas with the best location in the Hotel Zone with a warm environment, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a walk way that brings you a gorgeous view, that goes from Cancun downtown to the heart of the Hotel Zone, where night clubs, shopping mall and restaurants are located. The Hotel offers All Inclusive Plan and European Plan, beautiful and comfortable rooms with ocean or lagoon view, quality service and four star facilities. Your all inclusive package includes: - Comfortable rooms with Internet access, hairdryer, safe deposit box, iron & ironing board, TV cable, voice mail system, alarm clock and coffee maker. - All meals at the International buffet Restaurant. - Snacks next to the pool - Italian Specialties a La Carte for dining option & The Ocean Grill Tequila a'La Carte' (Reservation required) - Domestic Drinks at the Lobby bar, Pool Bar and the Theater Bar. - Room service (limited menu and hours) - daily activity program and night entertainment. - kids Club - Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Arenas Cancun