“30th Anniversary Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun

You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 20.5 Hotel Zone | Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #75 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
New York City, New York
“30th Anniversary Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Just returned from the Bel Air Collection cancun. Upon arrival we were greeted by Brianda who was totally amazing. She upgraded us to an ocean view for our 30th anniversary at no charge. There were a few glitches with the room but they were repaired immediately. The room , the view, the pool and beach were fantastic though the water was a little rough for our liking. The food was the best all inclusive we ever had. Actual sit down meals not buffets where the same is served everyday.Jorge, Juan and Jose our servers and bartenders were on the money. Although gratuities were included you need to bring extra dollars for tips for those special workers. We traveled the bus for a dollar best way to get around. The only problem we had was at the downtown market where you are hounded to buy. Did not enjoy that at all.All in all it was a great time. Definitely worth it. They even let us stay til 1:00 and allowed us to have lunch before we returned home. Would recommend if you like quiet and good food. The DiLietos

Room Tip: Ocean view is spectacular
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Guest.

First I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. It is a pleasure to know they enjoyed the food, and thank you for choosing us to celebrate its 30th anniversary.Thanks for sharing your opinion with us as well as the encouraging words about our team and our work. It is a pleasure to know that your stay was satisfactory.
I would like to thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

the hotel is on the beach, you can go directly from the pool to the beach, the pool is wonderful, you don't want to go back to the room.
the breakfast is very good, the food in the pool bar is o.k.
the intenet isn't working 100%, the bathroom in the room need a window!

Jose from the pool bar is number 1 !!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

First I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. Thanks for sharing your opinion with us as well as the encouraging words about our team and our work. It is a pleasure to know that your stay was satisfactory.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better stay at this hotel! We were welcomed with drinks upon arrival and the hotel staff were more than accommodating to our every need. I strongly believe the staff made my stay a lot more relaxing and everyone was so nice and friendly. We especially enjoyed our all inclusive package and often asked to sit in some of our favorite server restaurant dining locations.

The rooms were exceptionally clean and we were surprised with different mini chocolates after every cleaning session, including a bottle of champagne. I definitely recommend this hotel and the bus is located right in front, easy access to get into town.

Breakfast was my favorite meal of the day and I will surely miss the fabulous french toast!

The

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your words of kindness and for making us all smiles with gratitude. Thank you for qualifying our services so highly, it's truly our pleasure to know that your stay with us was excellent. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The location was good
The room was confortable and clean
The service at lobby was average.
Room amenities were ok
Management needs training. No communication what so ever.
Restaurant food taste is poor with a nice presentation which gives it a 2.5 star of 5.
Only big issue is the Restaurant Staff, needs more respect and courtesy to guests. There was 4 of us that arrived for dinner at 10:30pm. in which restaurant hours were till 11pm. I understand it was a late dinner but it is very unconfortable to hear the manager yell at the waiter that it is almost closing time like pressuring us to eat and go within 30 minutes. This was very unrespectful. This type of service is what makes people stay away. The presentation of the property is clean and very appealing, but the Service needs a lot of work and ethic.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear guest.

First of all I would like to thank you for leaving your kind comments which are very valuable to us and serve as a reference to improve day by day. With regard to the comments of the service I will share with the Restaurant Manager and will follow up on your particular case I ask an apology for the inconvenience caused and may be you will not ever have happen.
Hope to have you back again and happy to help with anything you need.

Best Regards,

Roberto Diaz
General manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Hotel staffs are very friendly and polite and I love the white curtains free flowing in the lobby. It looks so romantic. Free complimentary wedding if you book 10 rooms. I particularly love the swimming pool facing the sea. My husband had a problem with the air conditioning as it was not cool enough and he requested service at 3am and they immediately sent someone to repair for him. I would say the service is remarkable.

Free croissants and tea/coffee in the lobby and free wifi. There were free alcohol at certain times and I enjoyed the free stuff they give their guests. We got the room facing the Sea. It was beautiful watching the sunset and sunrise.

The beds are super comfortable and wide. I would definitely return to this hotel. I didn't like the elevator taking their time but it's an older building but they did renovations to modern the place up. So slow elevator is not really a concern. Hotel staffs are super courteous and friendly and they went the distance to make our stay a wonderful experience. Bus to downtown is right outside the hotel building and the Oxxo convenience store is right across the road. Overall I love this hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 5510 Oceanview.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest.

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us these generous comments about our work and our services. There is nothing more satisfying as knowing that our customers had a memorable stay with us. Thanks for your recommendations and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Roberto Díaz
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My sister booked the all-inclusive package for her and her boyfriend and a package for my boyfriend and me. I didn't help with any of the planning since I was in the middle of studying for finals. Once I finished the semester, I began to read reviews of the hotel and I completely freaked out.

Most of the reviews I read were fairly negative. I was especially concerned because I knew my sister had bought a package off Living Social for the Lagoon-View rooms. The only positive reviews were based off the Ocean-View rooms so I was desperate to switch the room.

Needless to say, the trip was an amazing vacation. We stayed for 3 nights and were sad to leave. The staff is extremely friendly. Some of the reviews complain about the lack of a reception, but the reception area is more than obvious. There are attendants at various desks and check-in was extremely easy. Someone even met as at the desk at 3:45AM to help us check out before we left for the airport. They even arranged the shuttle service pick-up for us.

The food was delicious and by the end of the trip, we had tried all of the dessert. My sister's boyfriend would have 2 steaks a night. They would send us back to our rooms with wine bottles and shots. Although, you cant really taste the alcohol in the mixed drinks so I would stick to shots, beer, wine or champagne.

Lastly, the beach and pool are gorgeous. Obviously there are some seagulls around; you're outdoors at the beach after all.

Book this hotel for relaxation and romance!! I wouldnt go here if I was single and tryin to mingle

Dear guest.

Let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us your generous review of our work and our services. There is nothing like knowing that our customers had a wonderful and memorable stay during your stay with us. Thank you for your review and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Best regards.

Roberto Diaz.
General manager.
Byron Center, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife and I spent 5 days here for our 15th year anniversary. We didn't have a large agenda (site seeing wise) I snorkeled the reef just south of the hotel (which was soooo Fun!) and she sat by the pool and read. This hotel was great for that.

The service was Mexican style not American. It was very polite but not "american efficient."

The sushi bar in the evenings was great!

We did the all inclusive package and were not disappointed.

It is one of the older hotels in the zone but meet our needs nicely.

Bed was super soft!

Kind and friendly staff! thanks for a good vacation Bel Air Collection

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean side room. The view is much better.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and recognition of our effort, which is a great inspiration to us in our work. I truly hope that memories of this vacation will bring you back to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun soon.

Kind Regards.

Roberto Díaz
General manager

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!