“Great Hotel - Restaurant Staff Needs Customer Trainning - Just Rude” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun

Save Saved
You added Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun to your Saves list
Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Boulevard Kukulcan Km. 20.5 Hotel Zone | Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #81 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel - Restaurant Staff Needs Customer Trainning - Just Rude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

The location was good
The room was confortable and clean
The service at lobby was average.
Room amenities were ok
Management needs training. No communication what so ever.
Restaurant food taste is poor with a nice presentation which gives it a 2.5 star of 5.
Only big issue is the Restaurant Staff, needs more respect and courtesy to guests. There was 4 of us that arrived for dinner at 10:30pm. in which restaurant hours were till 11pm. I understand it was a late dinner but it is very unconfortable to hear the manager yell at the waiter that it is almost closing time like pressuring us to eat and go within 30 minutes. This was very unrespectful. This type of service is what makes people stay away. The presentation of the property is clean and very appealing, but the Service needs a lot of work and ethic.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear guest.

First of all I would like to thank you for leaving your kind comments which are very valuable to us and serve as a reference to improve day by day. With regard to the comments of the service I will share with the Restaurant Manager and will follow up on your particular case I ask an apology for the inconvenience caused and may be you will not ever have happen.
Hope to have you back again and happy to help with anything you need.

Best Regards,

Roberto Diaz
General manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Hotel staffs are very friendly and polite and I love the white curtains free flowing in the lobby. It looks so romantic. Free complimentary wedding if you book 10 rooms. I particularly love the swimming pool facing the sea. My husband had a problem with the air conditioning as it was not cool enough and he requested service at 3am and they immediately sent someone to repair for him. I would say the service is remarkable.

Free croissants and tea/coffee in the lobby and free wifi. There were free alcohol at certain times and I enjoyed the free stuff they give their guests. We got the room facing the Sea. It was beautiful watching the sunset and sunrise.

The beds are super comfortable and wide. I would definitely return to this hotel. I didn't like the elevator taking their time but it's an older building but they did renovations to modern the place up. So slow elevator is not really a concern. Hotel staffs are super courteous and friendly and they went the distance to make our stay a wonderful experience. Bus to downtown is right outside the hotel building and the Oxxo convenience store is right across the road. Overall I love this hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 5510 Oceanview.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest.

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us these generous comments about our work and our services. There is nothing more satisfying as knowing that our customers had a memorable stay with us. Thanks for your recommendations and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Best Regards

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My sister booked the all-inclusive package for her and her boyfriend and a package for my boyfriend and me. I didn't help with any of the planning since I was in the middle of studying for finals. Once I finished the semester, I began to read reviews of the hotel and I completely freaked out.

Most of the reviews I read were fairly negative. I was especially concerned because I knew my sister had bought a package off Living Social for the Lagoon-View rooms. The only positive reviews were based off the Ocean-View rooms so I was desperate to switch the room.

Needless to say, the trip was an amazing vacation. We stayed for 3 nights and were sad to leave. The staff is extremely friendly. Some of the reviews complain about the lack of a reception, but the reception area is more than obvious. There are attendants at various desks and check-in was extremely easy. Someone even met as at the desk at 3:45AM to help us check out before we left for the airport. They even arranged the shuttle service pick-up for us.

The food was delicious and by the end of the trip, we had tried all of the dessert. My sister's boyfriend would have 2 steaks a night. They would send us back to our rooms with wine bottles and shots. Although, you cant really taste the alcohol in the mixed drinks so I would stick to shots, beer, wine or champagne.

Lastly, the beach and pool are gorgeous. Obviously there are some seagulls around; you're outdoors at the beach after all.

Book this hotel for relaxation and romance!! I wouldnt go here if I was single and tryin to mingle

Dear guest.

Let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us your generous review of our work and our services. There is nothing like knowing that our customers had a wonderful and memorable stay during your stay with us. Thank you for your review and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Best regards.

Roberto Diaz.
General manager.
Byron Center, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife and I spent 5 days here for our 15th year anniversary. We didn't have a large agenda (site seeing wise) I snorkeled the reef just south of the hotel (which was soooo Fun!) and she sat by the pool and read. This hotel was great for that.

The service was Mexican style not American. It was very polite but not "american efficient."

The sushi bar in the evenings was great!

We did the all inclusive package and were not disappointed.

It is one of the older hotels in the zone but meet our needs nicely.

Bed was super soft!

Kind and friendly staff! thanks for a good vacation Bel Air Collection

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean side room. The view is much better.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and recognition of our effort, which is a great inspiration to us in our work. I truly hope that memories of this vacation will bring you back to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for a week at the end of July and we had so many problems it's unbelievable!
There is no reception area and when you arrive at the hotel you don't know where to go and who to speak to. When finally somebody paid attention to us, they said we couldn't check-in because there was an electric black-out, that we had to wait for at least one hour, and nobody gave us any information about the hotel (times of breakfast, directions, ...). But after few minutes we noticed that the lifts were working and the other guest were entering their rooms without any problem... (They lied to us?!?). When we had the keys they didn't work (and this happened many times during our stay!). When we entered in our room the A/C wasn't working and the display of the thermostat didn't show any figure. Then we called the reception and we had to wait a long time before somebody showed up. They blamed the thermostat, but even after changing it the situation didn't improve: the temperature was 27 degrees!! Actually the maintenance guys lied to us: they used a laser thermometer and told us that we had 22 degrees but we were standing behind their back and we saw the real displayed figure and it was 27! There was no way to have this A/C problem sorted for the entire week! We also asked for a fan but they didn't give us anything!!! We had a room with hot-tub but the taps were broken and the water splashed all over the room. The pool was dirty and seagulls were visiting it regularly to have a bath and to leave their excrements. There were also some builders working in the pool bar and there was dust everywhere (why they don't do it during the winter??). The food was good but quite repetitive and the cocktails were so light that they didn't even smell of alcohol. The staff is not so friendly as other people are saying: you could see they were just pretending to be friendly to have tips! The location is not very good: there are no restaurants, shops or pubs in the area and you need to take a taxi or the bus to reach the center. I stayed at the beach all the time and I enjoyed very much swimming in the beautiful sea of Cancun. I will definitely not come back to this hotel ever again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. Please accept my sincere apologies for not meet your expectations. But hopefully in the future give us the opportunity to change the bad image that you have of the hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

So many issues so let's start at the beginning. Stayed here from July 21-July 26 my boyfriend and I were celebrating our birthdays. We had the all inclusive package.
1. CHECK IN
They "lost" my reservation. I had a hard copy and digital copy of my reservation. Well once I showed them this they " found" my reservation. It only took about 1 hour. Eduardo at the front desk has the worst customer service ever.
2. THE ROOM
The room was decent.The had a nice glass table for us to eat at in the room. But there were no towels, bath mats or toilet paper. So I called down to the front desk. The said someone would be there in 5 mins. Ha! No one ever came. I went in the hallway and found the maid who was on the super sweet. I showed her my room she brought everything that was missing including soaps,shampoo and shower caps. The mini bar is actually a tiny fridge with sodas,waters and beer.
3.My boyfriend arrived about 4 hours after me. Glad I decided to walk to the lobby bar because I ran into Eduardo trying to charge my boyfriend for our room that we prepaid for months in advance. Please keep in mind Eduardo was given my boyfriend's full name and expected arrival time when I checked in. He had me write it in his notepad. And he assured me that once he arrived they would call the room to let me know he was there. That never happened. He never picked up the phone. Once Eduardo saw me he's whole attitude changed for the better. ***FYI to the general manger please inform your staff its not polite to speak about guests in Spanish because you have no idea who is fluent in Spanish and who isn't!!!
4. THE FOOD.
Breakfast- Probably the best meal they make. Instead of eating from the buffet I ordered off the menu. The omelettes and breakfast fajitas were the best things I found on the menu. But it gets old after a few days.
Lunch- umm yea. Slim pickings. I preferred ordering from the snack menu at the pool bar. The burger wasn't half bad.
Dinner- Any meal that we ordered with fish or shrimp was severely over cooked. But we found a few items that we actually good.
The sushi bar is a make shift restaurant by the waterfall in the main lobby
The Palm Terrance & Dolce Mexico are the same restaurant separated beads and a half wall.The menus are almost identical. We were told we couldn't take any food that we ordered to our room because we had the all inclusive package but if we paid for the food we could take it??? Yea we were confused too.
**THE ELEVATORS
They're small as a broom closet,hot and stopped working/ got stuck with ppl on them a few times.
5. KUDOS
Now there were some staffers who really stood out and made our trip wonderful. Baltazar(bartender) at the pool bar, Jose(bartender)lobby bar/(server) pool bar, Angel (waiter). Angel ended up being our server for 3 nights. The housekeeping staff did a great job cleaning the room after my first day.
6. CHECK OUT
Why did it take 40 mins to checkout?? The check in & check out process is entirely to long.
** I would advise anyone to venture out and ride the bus($1) like we did. The mall was cool looked like any mall in america, but the flea market area was even better. Souvenirs and great food. We ate at Caminero's 3 times during our stay. Great food,price,staff,wifi and a/c. We partied at Senor Frog for our bdays.
I hope this review helps someone. We had a great time in Cancun, We've decided to make it an annual birthday trip but we will not be staying at the Bel Air Resort again!!

Room Tip: Wifi is spotty throughout the hotel. Sometimes it worked in the room sometimes it didn't. I stay...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, to the Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa comments like yours are helpful to identify our areas of opportunity.
I am very sorry that your experience was not as expected and you got sick. Our main goal is continuous improvement and comments like yours help us to make this possible, we are working hard on these areas of opportunity that you mention and hope to have the opportunity to change the bad image that we have caused.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel gives a bad rep for all-inclusive resorts. Let's start with service: check-in was pretty quick even though they lack a reception area. The staff did not provide information about the resort or what was happening during the weekend or the week. Waiter Service: They lacked service experience especially for couples over 60s. We witnessed these couples did not receive any attention at all. There was also a blind man in this resort who was constantly banging against the walls and the guest in the hotel we actually guiding this man rather than the staff (HORRIBLE!!!) We however, did meet some very nice staff at the resort (Marisela (waitress, pool and lobby area), Alonso and Carlos (Restaurant and lobby area), Yessenia (Sushi Bar/Restaurant) and Sarah(reception area). The drinks & food were good. Marisela overall was very attentive with everyone, she took the time to know her guest and provide the service they wanted. The bartender Juan in the lobby area, made great drinks entertained the guest and was polite and genuine. The pool looks nice in photos but it got really dirty and we addressed it to one of the staff and he indicate that they put the treatment in the pool but the filters needed to be replaced. after the second day I was there I enjoyed the beach more, thank you for the beach in CANCUN (Beautiful!!!) The one thing that was annoying was the check out process. There was no-one addressing the guest or directing them with who or where to go to check out so guest were standing around, since there was no reception area. They tried to charging us $50 (DOLLARS) for USED bed sheets since the sheets were stains from the henna tattoos we got earlier (which is pretty common). I requested to keep the sheets since I was going to pay for them I thought I could use them for my dogs. BTW (ByTheWay) there were no signs indicating that the sheets would be charged if for any reason the sheets were stained. After scrambling for a couple of minuites they told us they discarded the sheets because they where usleless and they would wave the fee this one time just for us WTH (WhatTheHeck)!!!?????? odd. They are not very informative with what is happening on or off the resort, but they do try to take all the money you have.....they do not provide discounts for any of the excursions, so be careful. I don't see myself returning there again. If you are on a budget and none of this matter to you, go for it.

Room Tip: Be specific with you room detail and your room cleaning service. Remember to ask for names that wou...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I regret that we do not meet your expectations during his time in Bel Air, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you mentioned in your valuable comments. I assure you that nothing is more important to us as comfort and satisfaction of each person who gives us the honor of being our guest, it’s a shame you feel disappointed with the quality of service. Hope gives us the opportunity to return in the future to provide the best personalized service and make your vacation in Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa a truly experience.

General manager

Been to Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun? Share your experiences!