It was a tremendous disappointment. First of all, location. The hotel is located near the lagoon so the quality of water is bad. There were absolutely no waves. The beach is tiny and your swimming is limited within the shallow square boundary they made. The water level is only up to your belly. YOu can't even swim in there! In the picture they show an endless beach typical for Hotel Zone. In fact, it does not exist in oasis Palm beach. We all felt cheated.
The facility and rooms are very old. The ACs make loudest noise. Towels are horrible. Bathrooms are tiny. They really are, to the point that makes you claustrophobic. The only good thing here is the large balcony.
All restaurants there have no ACs and you would eat sweating all the time. Although there are 3 - 4 restaurants, there are always a long line to access food. You would stand in line for pizza, for lunch, for dinner, for taco, etc. There is only one a la cart restaurant La Bamba that you have to make reservation to get in. You have to wake up at 7 am and stand in line for an hour to make reservation. And when it is your turn, they run out of table and you would have to pay extra $13/person to get a table at another restaurant.
Front desk never picked up phones. Actually, I wanted to back out even before the trip but when I tried to reach BookIt, I hit the wait time of 30 minutes. When I tried the hotel, they transferred me around as there are so many Oasis hotels in Cancun.
It was such a nightmare! First time in Cancun, we stayed in Omni and everything was perfect. This time our group was bigger and I thought I would buy All Inclusive to avoid hassles. It turned out to be our worst vacation and we stressed out every day just to get food, get drink, get snack, find a public beach, find a parking etc. It was endless chores we need to do because the hotel could not provide.
- Also Known As:
- Oasis Palm Hotel Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach
- Oasis Palm Beach Hotel Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Resort
- Oasis Palm Beach Hotel
- Oasis Palm Cancun
- Oasis Palm Beach Resort Cancun
- Calinda Beach Cancun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oasis Loves Happines, Are U Ready? Oasis Palm, the Mexican Resort~ An all-Inclusive Family Resort surrounded by a true Mexican ambiance in the Caribbean.This is a magnificent beachfront resort where ample spaces of relaxation and diversion will provide maximum enjoyment for a family vacation to remember. Focusing on the family adventure, this resort offers rooms for up to five passengers. The stellar “Kids Club” offers a secure environment for the children with a fully supervised staff and numerous activity rooms, the kids own pool with water slides, restaurant, email access, rest areas, overnight camp, amphitheater, all age groups have many choices of activities. An expansive serpentine pool winds through the property and magnifies the white sandy beach and calm stretch of Caribbean Sea that meets the resort. Enjoy the wonderful climate of the Mexican Caribbean from the pool, the beach or your favorite terrace. A sample of the different culinary options our restaurants offer will provide insight to new flavors, from Asian Fusion and Sushi to traditional Mexican food. Exotic drinks or your favorite cocktail will be available at any of our fine bars located in the pool, by the beach or even in the Sports Bar where there is always a game.All- Inclusive Facilities include 6 Restaurants, 8 Bars, 1 Pool, Spa ($), Fitness Center, Multi use Sports Court, Kids Club, Entertainment, Night Club, Smart Car ($) and shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Oasis Palm Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.