“Do NOT stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Palm Hotel

You added Oasis Palm Hotel to your Saves list
Oasis Palm Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan, Seccion C - Lote 1 | Zona Hotelera, Quintana Roo, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Oasis Palm Beach)   |
Special Offer
Up to 50% Off!
Ranked #93 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Peterborough
“Do NOT stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is one of the most inefficient hotels that we have ever stopped in. The front desk staff including the Concierge are completely unhelpful,useless & arrogant. The housekeeping staff are also very poor, they take away your towels & do not replace also do not replenish toiletries.
The only staff that seem to care were in the 2 buffet restaurants.
The whole hotel could do with a mega upgrade as it is "old & tired" looking.
Also...who ever designed putting the DISCO in the middle of all the living accomodations must be an idiot......an ongoing MEGA NOISE through till midnight.....you cannot get away from it.
Live entertainment was provided on some nights in a "theatre style" room, but was very amateur & poor quality.
If you want to upgrade to the 5* section (Grand Oasis) next door ($25 US per person per night), all you get is a more modern room, a couple of additional restaurants you can use....but the same DISCO noise exists.
All in all...A cheap hotel that provides the basic "4 walls" to sleep in & not really worth the money, as there are numerous good quality hotels for not much more money available in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Lagoon facing rooms MAY BE a little respite from the disco noise although still noticable in the cor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Where to start?
-DON'T fly out with Sunwing! My family and I were delayed going to Cancun by two hours not to mention the 9 hour delay coming back home due to "technical difficulties."
-When booking the vacation, I payed to upgrade to an ocean view room where the description stated that the windows OPENED however, this was not the case. Unless you are getting a balcony, which does not face the ocean whatsoever, you will not have any open windows which was very decieving on Sunwing's part. After complaining about not having windows that opened, we moved the following day to a room on the corner that had a balcony that you could step out to and an adjacent room for my kids.
-The staff only catered to Spanish-speaking individuals staying at the resort, and the locals that were there on the weekends, even though we tiped everywhere (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Bars and Maid Service) on a regular basis.
-Hand towels and face cloths were NOT provided until the last night and room service was not always done, which only meant that they did not get our tip either.
-There was not enough entertainment, and we were not allowed to go to the Oasis properties during our vacation. The only entertainment that was mostly offered was the Disco or Karaoke that was for 18+ which meant that my two young kids were very bored during the night time hours. Even the entertainment they did offer, was not particularly that enjoyable either.
-There was hardly a beach. Not enough space for everyone to sit at, not to mention that the beach itself was very small and had a lot of seaweed.
-The resort was only 60% full and yet, there were long lines and waits for everything because there was a lack of staff. Made things less effective.
-Only 2 restaurants were offered to people that were All Inclusive which got very repetitive.

This was our first trip to cancun, and our LAST. I have already told other friends, that were considering a trip to Cancun, Mexico NOT to book the Oasis Palm due to the fact, that we were very disappointed.
A.M. TORONTO ONTARIO

Room Tip: seek another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Olds, Ab
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Overall this hotel was a pretty decent place to stay but there were so many hidden costs to it that I would never go back. We had to pay for a safe, lets face it we didn't want our passports just hanging out in the room. That wasn't to big of a deal at only 5 dollars a night. What I was really dissapointed in was that we had to pay for the a la cartes... every other resort that I have ever been to has the a la cartes as included in the all inclusive.There were't really any activities that where done at the resort like dancing etc, and if you like to swim the water depth only gets to waist high at thier beach.

I am a scuba diver so when I asked my tour advisor where I could go scuba diving she recommended a place that was down town. A 15 doller taxi ride. What she didn't tell me was that there is a dive master on site who can book trips for me and could have certified the person travelling with me.

We were told when we booked the trip that we could visit it's sister sites (where my friends where staying) but when we got there because it was reading week we could not enter the other resort. We were actually recommended to try and sneak in the back way throught the beach.

I would never go to a Oasis resort again simply because other places seem to be better quality. That being said the staff there overall was wonderful and I did enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: I do not have a recommedation for the rooms, the ones that i stayed in where decent, but the bathroo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Buford, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Small rooms, no balconies. Loud, loud noise from crazy music everyday from morning to night, especially from 9 PM to 12 PM (did I say everyday?!!) If you have anything like a light sleep, you will not be able to sleep. You can hear in the room as if your door and windows are open (you'll hear people in the hallway, doors slamming, boats passing by, people talking outside by the pool... everything) Also, the beach is a joke. It is so narrow and full of rocks you will stay mostly by the pool. You can only go in the ocean for about 50 feet and the buoys and ropes will prevent you from going further. The deepest water is about 3 to 4 feet, with rocks and broken concrete from a former concrete littering the ocean floor. Can't swim or look for critters. Nothing like "the ocean". The hotel is the last on the strip, where the beach takes a 90 degree turn, on the other side being a harbor for boats and other things (noisy, polluted). Not enough beach chairs (if you want one, get up at 7 and run to save yourself one, because you will not find any that are still available at 8 AM). The food was good, but if you make reservations for the evening restaurants, you will be disappointed by what you get, except the Mexican restaurant where food was OK - forgot the name). If you need to take the very small elevators, you better get prepared to wait a long time. Most of the time we had to walk down the stairs. For drinking water, you only get one small bottle per day per person (if they come and deliver it - in the restaurant you can have all the water you want, but not bottled) One of the restaurant staff was picking the seeds of the bread and eating them one by one before cutting the bread for guests. They do not believe in washing their hands, and after picking up the dirty dishes, glasses, silverware, they will handle your food, raw meat, clean utensils and everything else (trash off the floor) without washing their hands. No gloves ever seen in the restaurants. NOT A FAMILY DESTINATION!!! PICK RIVIERA MAYA INSTEAD, with a rating of at least five stars/apples! NOISY, SMALL, UNATTRACTIVE BEACH, NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Definitely the worst vacation in Cancun.

Room Tip: Pick a different location.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Rooms was very small but the houskeeping its very clean. I give a big thanks to Animation Team evertime they makes a good Job, a special thanks to Daniele Sosa she rocks the party! The Food from the Buffet is big but smells not good.

• Stayed February 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The worst hotel and the worst most unhelpful staff I've ever come across. Would really recommend cancun but definately not this hotel. They bleached all our trainers and clothes without a full refund. They actually tried getting out of giving us anything. Why anyone would stay here is beyond me!!!! So so so so bad!!! Nothing in this hotel was good. !!!

• Stayed December 2012
Heredia, Heredia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My mom and I stayed at this hotel last December and felt amazed at the staff's friendliness and the delicious food! We enjoyed the great service and the beautiful beach so much! The hotel location is amazing, with easy access to the downtown area, the bus stop is right in front of the hotel. We were so satisfied with the experience that we want to come back to Cancun soon. Great price for a great hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oasis Palm Hotel? Share your experiences!