“Got an upgrade!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Seccion A, lote 3 Km. 8.5, Boulevard Kukulkan, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #64 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Brooklyn, New York
“Got an upgrade!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed 1 night in June 2014. Got an upgrade to a 1br suite on ground floor facing pool. Accommodation was great, clean and huge for 2 people. Terrace was extra large. Downside: Not much beach to speak of. Rocky with steps into a small area of clear ocean floor to enter. But, all in all, wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2014
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
I am truly sorry to know that our beach did not fulfill your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies. I would like to let you know that we are reviewing the alternatives altogether with our authorities, since the beach is a Mexican government area.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancún

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love Cancun it is like my 15th time there but the first (and last) in this hotel.
It´s seems tired and old, only has one restaurant which is expensive and poor in quality. Its biggest chalege its that doesmn´t have a beach of it´s own you have to walk to next hotels and be like an intruder. The sales personnel dont give you a break, even when you are already a member.

Never coming back, better use of your mony in another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Unfortunately, since the beach is a Mexican government area there is not much we can do about it. However, we will continue with maintenance works on this area, according with the points permitted by Semarnat (environment and natural resources office) to improve the image of the beach.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you, during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We just returned from Cancun after a 6 night stay at the Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun. This is our 2nd stay at the hotel. Overall, the hotel is in a convenient area of Cancun. For those who are looking for a clean well maintained hotel but not the price of a Sheraton, Westin or other higher end hotel, this is the place. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. I enjoy the small kitchenette ( refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker, and dishes. ) I always make a Walmart run and stock up on drinks, chips and breakfast items.

I wanted to make a special thank you to Silvia at the beach bar for making sure we were attended to every day. she made our day at the beach very memorable.

Overall, depending on the hotel rate, this hotel is an excellent choice. Make sure to check the various web sites as well as the hotel site for any special rates. In addition, the free wifi was a great benefit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I am really glad to know that our facilities and service provided by Silvia made your stay memorable, I assure you that I will pass your thankful words with Silvia.

Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week in July. Prior to this stay, we spent several days in a luxury all-inclusive, so i'll be the first to admit my bar was set high when we arrived.

Overall, it is definitely not a bad place to stay. Since this is catered to the Vacation Club members, I do think it could be much better however. Seems a little strange that there are I believe 3 Fiesta Americana properties in Cancun, and club members are given the least nicest of the three.

Rooms are nice, pretty standard. We were given two adjoining room so we were able to open up the doors for one large room. Rooms include the usual King or double beds, iron, blowdryer, safe, small balcony.

The pool was my favorite part. It was a large cool that circled around a jacuzzi in the middle. The pool was a nice temperature and was big enough that it was never very crowded. There are no umbrellas however for all the pool chairs. If you want shade, you will either have to go to a palapa on the beach, or move around under trees as the sun moves. The beach leaves quite a bit to be desired. It is a small beach, and is very rocky. You have to walk down slick steps to reach the water, and then navigate rocks in the water to get to the sandy areas. Even being careful and with signs everywhere, two family members fell on the steps, and I cut my foot on a rock. We ended up leaving the hotel during the days and going to other beaches in the area.

I thought service left a bit to be desired. Nobody was rude, but nobody was very friendly either. They do pool and beach service, and also have a restaurant outside for breakfast/lunch/dinner. They also have a pizza oven and made exceptionally good pizzas. I survived most that week on pizza and mojitos.

Lastly, they really need to dial back the timeshare pressure. Considering most everyone there is already a Vacation Club member, I don't understand the immense pressure. We had to spend half of a day between a breakfast, a tour of the hotel and rooms even though we were already staying there, and presentations. It dissuaded me from ever becoming a Club member, even though you only seem to get any use of out of it if you become a top tier member.

If you're looking for a smaller place in Cancun to stay, and are looking to go elsewhere during the day, I think this place is great. I would not recommend staying here is you plan to stay on property your entire trip however.

Room Tip: Need to be on the top floor for a good ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We are aware of the sand loss we suffer every year with the north winds, storms, and hurricanes. Unfortunately, during improvement project for Cancun beaches, our beach was not included, so we will continue with the maintenance works on this area according with the points permitted by Semarnat (environment and natural resources office).

I really appreciate your comments regarding to the sales presentation, I have passed them to the Sales Management for its consideration.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Visited with friends and family a couple of weeks ago. Amazing 7 day stay. We occupied a two bedroom on the third floor overlooking the beautiful Cancun view. The outdoor balcony was perfectly roomy allowing both couples to enjoy once our little ones slept. The kitchen made our stay even easier as we were able to prepare quick breakfast meals for our young boys. The pool area where we spent a most of our time was roomy and there was no need whatsoever to be saving chairs poolside as there were plenty to choose from with spectacular beach access. Pool service good and the restaurant offered a delicious breakfast and ok dinner. The white sandy beach truly is a marvel. We enjoyed soccer and volleyball games on the sand in an open sandy area just below our balcony. While the beach was a bit rocky directly in front of the hotel, to the immediate right of the hotel, a few feet of walking, past jet ski rentals, swimming is wonderful! Warm and picture perfect shallow water minus the rocks. Walking distance to entertainment.p

Room Tip: Only would recommend breakfast at hotel restaurant. Poolside service good too. Dinners, not so much.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am really glad to know that you and your family spent a wonderful vacation at our facilities.

Unfortunately, since the beach is a Mexican government area there is not much we can do about the sand loss we suffer every year with the north winds, storms, and hurricanes.

Massapequa Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We spent 16 wonderful days in May @ the Fiesta. We have been going to this hotel for many years and it never disappoints us. This is our home away from home. The employees have become like family to us and we always look forward to their smiles and warm greetings. The location is great-calm water and close to all of the fun in Cancun. They have made some nice changes (new lounge chairs and new chairs and tables on the balcony). The suites are clean, comfortable and very spacious. We want to thank all the employees/friends for making our vacation exceptional as always. We look forward to going back again in November. We miss all of you. Hasta pronto!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
We all at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun are really glad to know that you spent a wonderful vacation at your home away from home.

City of Industry, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Been coming here for several years and this place is great for families with kids. Plenty for the kids to do (volleyball/pingpong/ceramic crafts etc.). Entertainment staff (Alan) was great with the kids and with the games during the FIFA matches. Silva the pool waitress was the best. Place is starting to show show wear but is very clean.

If going into the beach, need to wear water shoes due to the steps have alge that may cause

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face the street. Recommend asking for a view or semi view of the Caribbean. Spa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It has very pleasant to know that you and your kids enjoyed your last vacation at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun. I will be sharing your congratulatory words with Alan and Silvia, I am certain this motivates all of us to keep searching for excellence in service.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Been to Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun? Share your experiences!