“Nice hotel in Cancun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Seccion A, lote 3 Km. 8.5, Boulevard Kukulkan, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #65 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Phoenix
“Nice hotel in Cancun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We just returned from Cancun after a 6 night stay at the Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun. This is our 2nd stay at the hotel. Overall, the hotel is in a convenient area of Cancun. For those who are looking for a clean well maintained hotel but not the price of a Sheraton, Westin or other higher end hotel, this is the place. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. I enjoy the small kitchenette ( refrigerator, sink, microwave, coffee maker, and dishes. ) I always make a Walmart run and stock up on drinks, chips and breakfast items.

I wanted to make a special thank you to Silvia at the beach bar for making sure we were attended to every day. she made our day at the beach very memorable.

Overall, depending on the hotel rate, this hotel is an excellent choice. Make sure to check the various web sites as well as the hotel site for any special rates. In addition, the free wifi was a great benefit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I am really glad to know that our facilities and service provided by Silvia made your stay memorable, I assure you that I will pass your thankful words with Silvia.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you, during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week in July. Prior to this stay, we spent several days in a luxury all-inclusive, so i'll be the first to admit my bar was set high when we arrived.

Overall, it is definitely not a bad place to stay. Since this is catered to the Vacation Club members, I do think it could be much better however. Seems a little strange that there are I believe 3 Fiesta Americana properties in Cancun, and club members are given the least nicest of the three.

Rooms are nice, pretty standard. We were given two adjoining room so we were able to open up the doors for one large room. Rooms include the usual King or double beds, iron, blowdryer, safe, small balcony.

The pool was my favorite part. It was a large cool that circled around a jacuzzi in the middle. The pool was a nice temperature and was big enough that it was never very crowded. There are no umbrellas however for all the pool chairs. If you want shade, you will either have to go to a palapa on the beach, or move around under trees as the sun moves. The beach leaves quite a bit to be desired. It is a small beach, and is very rocky. You have to walk down slick steps to reach the water, and then navigate rocks in the water to get to the sandy areas. Even being careful and with signs everywhere, two family members fell on the steps, and I cut my foot on a rock. We ended up leaving the hotel during the days and going to other beaches in the area.

I thought service left a bit to be desired. Nobody was rude, but nobody was very friendly either. They do pool and beach service, and also have a restaurant outside for breakfast/lunch/dinner. They also have a pizza oven and made exceptionally good pizzas. I survived most that week on pizza and mojitos.

Lastly, they really need to dial back the timeshare pressure. Considering most everyone there is already a Vacation Club member, I don't understand the immense pressure. We had to spend half of a day between a breakfast, a tour of the hotel and rooms even though we were already staying there, and presentations. It dissuaded me from ever becoming a Club member, even though you only seem to get any use of out of it if you become a top tier member.

If you're looking for a smaller place in Cancun to stay, and are looking to go elsewhere during the day, I think this place is great. I would not recommend staying here is you plan to stay on property your entire trip however.

Room Tip: Need to be on the top floor for a good ocean view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We are aware of the sand loss we suffer every year with the north winds, storms, and hurricanes. Unfortunately, during improvement project for Cancun beaches, our beach was not included, so we will continue with the maintenance works on this area according with the points permitted by Semarnat (environment and natural resources office).

I really appreciate your comments regarding to the sales presentation, I have passed them to the Sales Management for its consideration.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Visited with friends and family a couple of weeks ago. Amazing 7 day stay. We occupied a two bedroom on the third floor overlooking the beautiful Cancun view. The outdoor balcony was perfectly roomy allowing both couples to enjoy once our little ones slept. The kitchen made our stay even easier as we were able to prepare quick breakfast meals for our young boys. The pool area where we spent a most of our time was roomy and there was no need whatsoever to be saving chairs poolside as there were plenty to choose from with spectacular beach access. Pool service good and the restaurant offered a delicious breakfast and ok dinner. The white sandy beach truly is a marvel. We enjoyed soccer and volleyball games on the sand in an open sandy area just below our balcony. While the beach was a bit rocky directly in front of the hotel, to the immediate right of the hotel, a few feet of walking, past jet ski rentals, swimming is wonderful! Warm and picture perfect shallow water minus the rocks. Walking distance to entertainment.p

Room Tip: Only would recommend breakfast at hotel restaurant. Poolside service good too. Dinners, not so much.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am really glad to know that you and your family spent a wonderful vacation at our facilities.

Unfortunately, since the beach is a Mexican government area there is not much we can do about the sand loss we suffer every year with the north winds, storms, and hurricanes.

Massapequa Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We spent 16 wonderful days in May @ the Fiesta. We have been going to this hotel for many years and it never disappoints us. This is our home away from home. The employees have become like family to us and we always look forward to their smiles and warm greetings. The location is great-calm water and close to all of the fun in Cancun. They have made some nice changes (new lounge chairs and new chairs and tables on the balcony). The suites are clean, comfortable and very spacious. We want to thank all the employees/friends for making our vacation exceptional as always. We look forward to going back again in November. We miss all of you. Hasta pronto!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
We all at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun are really glad to know that you spent a wonderful vacation at your home away from home.

City of Industry, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Been coming here for several years and this place is great for families with kids. Plenty for the kids to do (volleyball/pingpong/ceramic crafts etc.). Entertainment staff (Alan) was great with the kids and with the games during the FIFA matches. Silva the pool waitress was the best. Place is starting to show show wear but is very clean.

If going into the beach, need to wear water shoes due to the steps have alge that may cause

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face the street. Recommend asking for a view or semi view of the Caribbean. Spa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It has very pleasant to know that you and your kids enjoyed your last vacation at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun. I will be sharing your congratulatory words with Alan and Silvia, I am certain this motivates all of us to keep searching for excellence in service.

Ciudad Juarez
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We picked this hotel because we wanted to have a kitchen to cook meals every now and then and it met all our expectations.
Living room has lots of space too so this was also a plus for us.
Hot tub showed signs of wear; one knob even fell off. Other than that hotel served all ours needs.
Location is also quite good; and even though it does have a small beach for me it was not a problem at all. Since hotel is family oriented you should not expect much party by staying here. You can of course go to clubs and such but hotel will not provide much.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We are glad to know that you had a nice experience at the resort and that you enjoyed our services. As you mention, our facilities are focused for families but we are very close to entertainment area and our activities staff can help with your reservations or any assistance for night clubs.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was our first time in Cancun and as we arrived at our resort they tell us that our room is not ready and that they would let us know when they had it ready. They finally got us in a room which was not the room we were supposed to be in but overall the room was not bad. It did smell like mildew when you walked in the room. My biggest issue was that the people working in the restaurant and bar area was awe full. We asked if they took cash and they said yes. well they didn't take cash only pesos, but did take american cash once. So which is it pesos or american cash. Then they messed up my check and couldn't fix it. The pool closes to early and for this resort not being an all inclusive they would not let you bring your drinks to the pool. We will be going back but not to here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Following up on your comment, I would like to inform you that since May 2014 we cannot accept dollars according to new laws and reforms implemented by Mexican authorities.

On the other hand, I would like to inform to you that we will be taking corrective actions to avoid this smell. I am truly sorry to know about these issues, please accept my most sincere apologies.

I look forward to having the opportunity of serving you as you deserve, during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancún

Been to Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun? Share your experiences!