Let me begin by saying we stayed for 5 days during Christmas for a well deserved relaxing break from the craziness of the holiday's. This is a nice hotel, would go again - just better prepared next time. Had a few "service" issues.
We booked with Travelocity and got an amazing price, we were staying in a Viento Suite, I had called the hotel prior to booking and was told that the suite had a sofa bed and two bathrooms. We were traveling with our teenage daughter so it sounded perfect - when we arrived, the room was lovely but only one bathroom and no sofa bed (thank goodness she is petite so she could sleep on the loveseat or she would have had to sleep in a king bed with her parents) - we asked the front desk about the lack of sofa bed and were never adressed about this or offered another room (even at more $) - that was not good. Also they are so busy at check in trying to get you to go to a presentation regarding their "vacation club" they don't tell you about you're perks like when you stay in a suite, you get a complimentary cabana at the pool, also - there is a club room on the 5th floor where you can go for cocktails, snaks, etc..(we read about it onthe hotel website and had to go and verify at the front desk - again that was not good customer service)
Restaurants aren't plentiful but excellent (there are only three). The MB restaurant is amazing, we were treated so well and were totally impressed with the food. We usually stay at Dreams or Secrets when we go All-Inclusive and although they have more restaurant choices, the food is always OK - this is a place you wouldn't mind paying extra for the food. The poolside cafe is great (cevice bar) and it was a very plesant suprise. Just be sure to make reservations prior to your arrival.
The bar service at the pool was terrible. We had a cabana between the beach and pool and it took nearly two hours (honestly I timed it one day) to get a cocktail - and once you got one, it was easier to go and get another yourself than wait for the service - I was very disappointed in that. (Secrets almost anticipates your beverage needs and you have a new cocktail prior to finishing your first one) - and It wasn't just on Christmas day, that unfortunately was an every day thing - and we tipped our guy the first day (we were by the pool, it was ok service) then even when we had bad service, they added the tips themselves daily (not good! - I don't think I should pay $20 day tips for one drink in three hours) - BUT my husband did enjoy the 20 minute foot massage they offer with the cabana (tip for that! the girls are sweet)
So I would say - just pay attention to your location, it's not an excuse for bad service but forewarned is forearmed so you'll enjoy your vacation more.
So basically I would say it was a beautiful, relaxing hotel with the atmosphere of a high end spa - the grounds are perfect - the staff is freindly (just new I think)
I would stay here again, I would just make sure we were informed - get the bigger suite or two adjoining rooms. I wouldn't stay here with small or unruly children - I think people stay here for relaxation and kids would destroy the vibe they have - which is so nice.
Thanks for reading.
FYI - Avoid the salespeople at the airports at all costs, Don't go to the presentations- you never get what they offer you - and it's never 90 minutes - more like 2-3 hours, and they want 80K for 20 years worth of vacations at a resort nothing like the one you are in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infiniti pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua